First car help

Hi Veeky Forums.

I have recently turned 18 and am looking at my first set of wheels. I have narrowed it down to two options based on the following criteria:
-must have enough boot space for a wheelchair
-must have

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mazda 3 is a pretty solid choice
Beware of rust on old models doe

Skoda Fabia I, probably the cheapest car to maintain that will last you long enough

what kind of 18 year old has 12k+ to spend on a car?

just get a berlingo, they made them in a spec especially for spastics

>what kind of 18 year old has 12k+ to spend on a car?
not everyone is born poor

buying a 12k car for your first car is fucking retarded, enjoy the insurance cost

Your first set of wheels is the wheelchair you're trying to fit in the car.
I'd go for the Mazda if I were you, for no particular reason other than fuck VAG

You don't need to be poor to think 12k on a 18y/o's first car is above the norm.

Buy a brand new Renault Twingo(which should cost about 12k) and it costs nothing to insure even as an 18 year old.

Insurance costs are based on "risk assessment", car value matters little until you get to the brand-new-mercedes tier, at which point you have money to blow on insurance anyway.

Most important stuff to calculate your "risk" and premium:
>power output
>brand
>model
>age
>address
>insurance history
Try going to norway, a toyota ayy lmao costs 12k there

Dont get the fabia, those 1.2 Tsi are teerribad, at least if you want to go reasonably fast outside a highway, also it guzzels fuel like crazy unless you drive it like a grandma.

Speaking from own experience.

Or get a 1st gen fabia RS.

well you're still considering a Skoda so your daddy can't be that rich.

>thinking I am OP
???

Motability. I would be using my NEETbux, although I made some very worthwhile investments in penny stocks and cryptos. buying through motability would be cheaper though.
First set of wheels that move without me pushing them then
The newest model is rather hard to see out of and long and I'm not the best driver. The Fabia Monte Carlo seems flashier and better equipped. Skoda are very reliable also so I'm torn.

What are the downsides of buying the skoda instead of the mazda? Besides owning a skoda of course.

Not him but my father is a fucking jew, he would not have given me a penny for my first car had I asked kek

ebin now fuck off retard

Fabias are good wee cars. Have you considered a Fiesta? The facelift is due out soon..

get a first gen twingo.

no u

>Switzerland
>bro is 28 years old, has local passport
>porsche maintenance 1.3k a year

>me 23 years old, have foreign passport
>maintenace for same car over 6000 a year

Cool

This is probably because you lack "insurance history" for switzerland

No. My brother never had a car on his name either.

I seriously doubt an insurance company would change rates over your nationality since they don't even ask where the fuck you're from, so there's something wrong there, other than age I mean

Get a mint condition low mile pre-2000 civic/integra

Seriously best thing you can get for a reliable daily driver.

>yuropoors
>literally wants less than 120 horsepower
>only cares about how it looks
>country is so cucked he will get assraped by insurance no matter what he buys
>PEOPLE WILL UNIRONICALLY THINK YUROP IS NOT A SHITHOLE

is muhammad going to fuck your mother & gf before or after you purchase your cuckbox?

Say it with me

MUH FREEEEEEEEEDOM

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

>b-b-b-but i like living in a cucked shithole

>this is what burgers ACTUALLY, i repeat ACTUALLY believe

A third of your country thinks the world was made in 6 days and a large proportion inducing the president thinks global warming is a lie/myth. Literal third world

Get the Mirage.

the only correct answer

The boot is too small, I need to store a wheelchair in there remember.

>yuropoors
All I read is 12k for a car at 18?!??!? Oh lawd what a load to spent.
>Omg only 120 hp? Why no glorious 50 year old 300 hp American muscle car.
Fuck Americans and your high self esteem and low wages

This sounds like you have be graced with the gift of the Motability scheme. Your very specific parameters of needing wheelchair space and it having under 120 bhp (since they won't let you have a car more powerful on the scheme) means that you got something that I tried to stretch my autism diagnosis to (and they still say I can walk 200 meters unaided, they can't know that).

But just get whatever. You can even get A3's and shit if you pay the deposit.

You would be correct. I have to decide between the monte carlo or the mazda 3 but I'm torn. The fabia looks flashier and better imo but apparently it's slow (not a problem, but I like nippy care). The mazda is harder to see out of but apparently is comfier on the road and has more kit.

I'll probably go for the fabia 1.2TSI unless I hear more people say what said

I bought the mazda3 as my first car. I like it. Steering is definitely more responsive than the Elantra and Corolla I learned on.

It's a manual car and it's taking a beating from me too.

I'm not sure about rust because I live in Ontario so it's going to be surface rusted underneath no matter what car it is. I was told by the used car dealer that 2008-2009 (first generation) are more resilient against rust because that's when better steel (instead of recycled?) was used for the car instead, but I can't find a source for this.

They do. They ask what nationality youre from. It cost around 500 more for age difference. Almost 5k additional for being foreigner

Shut up nu cuck
We may be cucked, but you have noggers and boritos and your country isn't white at all

Where do you live op?

I'd say a generic used Fiat with a fire engine they're cheap to maintain, everybody know how to work on these engines and spare parts are common.

Something like a Punto, panda or even the 500

who cares about horsepower
europe is not one country.
You could get a 16 year old a lamborgini as first car and insurance wouldn't be more than maybe few hundred a year

Switzerland: land of the free

Insure your car in France or Germany for cheaper prices

I daily a V12 car, insurances are barely 400 bucks a year

Fiat uno 1.4 Turbo i.e. or 75 sx .i.e
the back seat folds well

The insurance is definitely not true, it depends on country.
UK is expensive as shit, but here in central europe (germany, austria, czech rep.) it's pretty cheap

>Škoda

kek čůrák

At least we don't have blacks

Your options are based around how much you are willing to spend on the deposit. You can get a lot, and pretty much any "normal" car under £25k will be available to you. You don't have to decide between Skoda or Mazda, almost every dealership in the UK are part of the scheme. You should shop around and see the cars in person, especially at the boot, so you can see the shape of the inside, the dip in the boot floor ect. But if you have to pick between those two cars, get the Mazda. It's just a better car in general.

Ilike the skoda more, they're equal in terms of speed..

Why the Mazda?