F body thread

Post your f-bodies

This is my 87 GTA. It recently got an lq4 swap and a 4l80e. I used a Holley crossmember and an lssimple alternator bracket among other things, with an LS1 intake manifold

I'll post a pic of the engine bay from the other day before the belts went on

Engine bay

Hnnnggg. Need more pics man, I love GTAs.

Heres my 02 WS6.

I really want to buy a turd gen Camaro, too bad they're so expensive here in yurop.

I like the regulator a lot for some reason. Looks nice

Those GTAs are rare, why didn't you stay numbers matching?

I'll post more here in a sec.

Fourth gens are awesome too. Something about em that still does it for me. Probably because they were new when I was in high school
Because the l98 was giving me nothing but trouble, and even non Chinese shitty relays are getting tougher to find. I don't plan to ever sell it so value doesn't concern me. This is a car I'll be driving for pleasure for some time and the lq4 definitely makes it more fun and trouble free

Apparently I'm a potato. My replies are all fucked up

More pics

Interior

I'd like to do c5 brakes soon. Other than that nothing major planned. The transmission was built well, motor is basically stock. I may do cam and heads but nothing crazy.

My '99 Z28.
She needs paint, I'd love to make it Hugger Orange.
Hoping to do subframe connectors soon, and a rear end after that.

That car would look great in orange

It was a factory color, but it was a pretty rare one.
Don't know why. I guess people just don't like orange.
I don't feel bad at all about getting rid of the trash 90's GM bright red.

Hugger orange is an awesome color. I've seen quite a few and they look great in person.

Hnngggghhhhh

Yeah. Do it.

My color is original but it's a cruddy respray. I may have it redone eventually

Sweet man, where does that bracket put your alternator (nvm I see from the next picture). I've been needing to relocate mine to the top instead of the bottom drivers side, water gets in it sometimes and stops it from charging. It's nice to see a third Gen with modern parts. You just get done putting it together?

Oh very nice.

My 98.
Lq9/ls3, !emissions, longtubes with bullets and dumps, mail order tune, walbro 255 and racetronix harness, well built 4l60e, 3.42:1 lsd, 306,000+ miles. Koni strt, new bushings, tires, put on 2k miles ago, ordering camshaft kit in next 2 weeks and putting it in while I put another front end on it (part of a chain wreck). Numerous other small things done to the car, love it, don't plan on getting rid of it.

Fapfapfap

So I switched from wifi . I'm the OP

Ran into a lot of challenges with this. Found out the hard way that a 4l80 and 4l60 are different enough so that the hawks crossmemeber I had wasn't gonna work. Had to rethink that. Holley is nice cuz the crossmember is the same and there's a transmission specific "plate" that you use

Then there was an issue with torque arm clearance with the oil pan. Solved with a shim.

Then got it all together and was about to go to the exhaust shop and bam. No reverse. Damn junkyard trannies

So, tranny rebuild. Now the exhaust is on and the car is drivable. Shop is finishing up mounting computer and tuning. They also built a custom harness from scratch

Fantastic, when will you get to drive it?

Already did. I went by the shop to pay them the balance and it wasn't done of course but drivable, so me and Larry went out and stomped on it

Larrys Speed and custom in Fort Worth did it. I started the swap but rapidly got out of my fucking element. Lol

Tryin to figure out how to convert an iPhone vid to webm to post

Anyways, it obviously has a lot more oomph than the l98. The transmission shifts great , gone are the days where to get an acceptable level of performance from it you need to manual shift .

It's really a fantastic car, and I'm glad I went with the BRP mid length headers instead of long tubes, because I was worried about clearance .

As soon as I get it back which should be today or tomorrow, I'm going to pull the headliner and replace the seatbelts with some single retractor ones .

But I may wait on that until I've had the chance to drive the piss out of it and smoke my tires a while

>LS1 4L80 GTA
I don't know whether to be impressed or befuddled.
Sounds fun, but I wouldn't want to have to worry about triggering "purists" for fucking with a GTA.

Fuck purists desu.

Cars are meant to be enjoyed. This way, I've got a modern easy to tune engine that I can source parts for easily, with an iron block and lots of power :-)

I've never understood purists especially for f bodies. Gm made a million of then. Let the purists go fuck with the legions of rattling shitty turds with crappy paint :-)

Cars are meant to be enjoyed, and the orig motor needed tons of attention and massaging. Why spend lots of energy time and money on the l98?

I mean, they made 11000 Gta's in my year alone. They're not THAT rare

>gone are the days where to get an acceptable level of performance from it you need to manual shift .
*TRIGGERED!*

what wheels are these hnnnnnnnng

Hahaha they are fun to hoon in.

Purists always going to be triggered. I'm redoing a classic car as well and every time some grandpa sees it they tell me they hope I sell it soon. Some people you just can't please. Cars are meant to be enjoyed and the fbody was meant to be a platform to modify. I'd much rather see I tastefully modified bird then one that's stock and the same as everyone elses.

My '95 I got for $108

Overheats on a daily basis for a different reason every week

cracked head or block

>triggering "purists"
I am butthurt over the fact that you could've sold the GTA for a fat wad, then altered a cheaper base model or Formula.

Wanted the Gta wheels and suspension, got a great deal on a Gta with motor issues but a solid body, paint, and great interior

It has mostly just been coolant leaks. I had the water pump start weeping when it hit around 250xxx miles and then had 2 hoses cook, crack, and start leaking. After that the radiator cracked on the driver side, and in order to get around town for the day I used some JB weld steel putty to seal the cracks... which later caused it to crack again by the cap so I got a new radiator in it. Then the quick connect where the lines meet the block came loose and started leaking. I think the head gasket is about to get BTFO as it will still run but it sputters/loses power and smells like a chainsaw when you first crank it.

Tl;Dr
You're probably right

I own a 1988 V6 camaro, the 2.8L 5 speed manual one. is there anything I can engine swap this car with without having to replace literally everything inside the engine bay? like perhaps a third gen V8? if I do above and get a same gen V8 engine, is there anything I'd need to replace besides the engine? what's the best engine swap for this car?

Not sure , but I'm thinking at a minimum harness , accessories, maybe crossmember.

>108 sweet

6 or 8?