AMG, M and S/RS Philosophies

I always here that you shouldn't directly compare BMW, Mercedes and Audi's performance devisions because they don't design cars with the same philosophy.

First of all, I say fuck that. I'll compare what ever the fuck I want. Especially if they're priced similarly.

Secondly, how exactly are the three German performance divisions different, in terms of what they're trying to accomplish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zA88iWj2lLk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

M > AMG > RS

you can delete thread now

the "philosophy" of a company is to make money.

This thread is made in a such a way you can only get generalizations as answers.

FPBP

this is the only right answer

>unfounded
Take your shitpost elsewhere.

HURR DURR WAT IS GERMAN KAR MAKERZ TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH

fuck off fagget

this.
/thread

M is designed to be track going street cars. AMG is designed to be fast comfy cruisers.
I don't give a shit about Audi.

Fair evaluation.

>RS
best autobahn cruiser, grip and sound
>M
best steering, suspension, quickest around the track
>AMG
most luxurious, posh interior

best autobahn cruiser would be an M6 or S63 for me though

I agree with this. Give me the AMG any day.

And VW isn't really part of the competition.

This. VW doesn't deserve to be compared to M and AMG.

I don't know, but I think AMGs are the coolest, by far. C63 AMG is a dream!

t. poor nigger

Not knowing the RS3 interior.

>entire fucking dash made out of horrible cheap looking plastic
Disgusting.

>autotragic
>autistic screen glued to dash
>fucking dial in center console
>electronic gauges

that interior is trash you mongoloid

fuck off with your fancy Golf

AMG > M > RS

ftfy

get out of your mummies basement sometimes bud, you have never been in one let alone know anything about them. You are the kind of person that would complement the person driving it as soon as you get in, but spew bs and hatred on the internet.

NA M > AMG > V > M >RS
But if I lived in Germany I would rate proper RS higher because they have the Autobahn.
As sport cars you would be crazy to get a rs3 over a M2. If you want a DD I am pretty sure that you can get an actual Audi for the price of a RS3

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE stop making fun of the audi daddy bought me
>its a very nice car daddy promised me when he bought it for me
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fucking kill yourself you mongoloid, if you've ever even opened your eyes to see the interiors of M & AMG cars you would shit yourself

>you have never been in one let alone know anything about them

well you stupid faggot, the rs3 isn't sold in america, & if you have been in one, you're a yuropoor, which automatically makes your argument invalid.

i have however driven a few M & AMG cars, both of which would shit all over your pile of rolling garbage

please remove yourself from the gene pool

M
>Poised track-proved sports cars.

AMG
>Sophisticated European luxury muscle.

"""RS"""
>rebadged VWs that give eastern europeans and middle managers a good 0-60 time.

lmao

Galant RS > Galant AMG

Daily reminder a amg luxury cruiser is faster around the nurburgring than ANYTHING bmw has made short of a stripped out roll cage fitted street legal track car
Even then amg still makes faster cars if you aren't a poor guy kekk
Muh ///m is dog shit Lmao

i didn't say the audi's interior is bad, actually i prefer this over the competition. it's just not as tacky/luxurious as the merc's.

and boy do merc's interiors age badly since the 90s.

AMG is for people who want to have fun.

M is for bench racing fags.

RS is for Eurocucks.

this
I'd even say AMG > V > M > Polestar> RS
Audi a shit

actually let me change that a bit, I almost forgot who rules the tracks and the design contests now
Quadrifoglio > AMG > V > M > Polestar> RS

>leather patterned plastic
Why does VW do this? They do it in an even less inconspicuous way on the Touareg, it's fucking disgusting.

Polestar isn't even in the same league

>best autobahn cruiser

t. badge whore that buys overpriced FWD shitboxes

Agreed, RS has nothing to do next to Polestar

Did VW steal ur gf or why are you so asshurt?

audi manlets on suicide watch

Their philosophy varies depending on the model, atleast for mercedes.

for those 3, the M2 is the most track oriented. The RS3 is the tuner monster, and the A 45 i have no idea. Track oriented like the M2 but for less dedicated/ autistic track people. Not purist is what i mean.

If you bump it up, lets say RS4(not out yet i know) S4/ M3/ C63

the M3 is still track oriented car, RS4 is a bit more track oriented but it's still the tuner car, and the C63 is just a fucking AXE MURDERER on wheels.

I'm not asshurt, I'm just tired of winning so much
youtube.com/watch?v=zA88iWj2lLk

RS cars are far better for driving on real roads than either of the other two.

Anything with pavement cracks, sand and grit, half dried puddles, or light areas of snow they will destroy either of the other Germans.

On track, yeah they understeer, and honestly the throttle response in a few of the lower end ones is lacking. However I don't spend 95% of my driving time on a track on a perfect summer day. On Canadian roads, in mid March, hooning around industrial parks and driving on crappy highways, I would not trade them for any BMW or AMG.

It's pointless saying this on Veeky Forums, but there is more to cars than benchracing suggests.

>Anything with pavement cracks, sand and grit, half dried puddles, or light areas of snow they will destroy either of the other Germans.
thousands of african taxis would like to talk to you

Not him but I didn't know african taxis were amg and M cars. Africans must be oligarchs

Oh god thatd be one hell of a confusing conversation

Yes cause african taxi drivers are driving M5s and E63s.

Im talking driving quickly in less than ideal conditions, not cruising about.

>Im talking driving quickly in less than ideal conditions
taxis do that in africa all the time, in fact "less than ideal" would be an understatement
kek
>implying AMG and M are anything but glorified versions of their normal sedans

You can argue your Great African Taxi Racing Championship theory all you want, but an RS7 on a cold and damp day will be faster than an M6 on a cold and damp day.

>autistic screen glued to dash
It hides into the dash.

>fucking dial in center console
You can change the position of it.

I know Veeky Forums hates Audi with a burning passion, but come on, at least do a little bit of research before you shitpost.

>It hides into the dash.
It still looks like shit. Audi should learn how to integrate screens on the dash harmoniously. They could learn a thing or two from the masters of design, the Italians.
>You can change the position of it.
Not an argument, that's a shitty excuse for lazy design. Proper design just works.

S8?

This tbqh, though Mercedes and Audi also attempt to win over the boyracers with the A45 and RS3.

Note that AMG offers nothing in manual, though. I'm not sure about RS models with exception to the R8, though Audi still offers manual transmissions several S models.

BMW M offer manual on just about everything, and tart up regular models with performance bits too.

>just not as tacky/luxurious

>tacky
>luxurious

those are not synonyms

>autotragic
What you you drive?

this interior is better in every way though compared to

(oh man a Once Upon A Time gif; good shit.)

H-h-hi, can I play too?

I don't even watch it, I just do cruellaposting

Damn it Veeky Forums, y u do this to me?

What some call luxurious is just tacky

>BMW M
Souped up versions of the regular cars with the same dead steering.

>AMG
Luxury. Aimed towards rich people who want to be seen driving an /////AMG

>RS
Rebadged VWs.

I'd rather take a Camaro SS 1LE or a Mustang GT350R.

What should I do when I love the exterior and interior designs of AMG cars but absolutely hate their BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRPHHHFF-kind of farting exhaust notes

Audi's tuning house is "quattro GmbH", by the way.

>autotragic v6
no thanks
>styling
you mean the mazda 6 with a melting front end

get an Eisenmann exhaust

>autotragic
maybe if you're an americuck
>v6
nothing wrong with that
>you mean the mazda 6
I don't see the similarity

>AMG
>>Sophisticated European luxury muscle

that actually captures AMG really good

btw is the M more reliable than the AMG?
Some dude had like 4 AMG Mercs but they all started dying. So one day he went and sold all, and bought BMWs.

it's slower, but will outlast all, so yeah.
I would buy a GS F.

you mean, really well.

BMWs are even worse. Had a friend whose M4 broke down literally 2 months after he got it, and another friend that noticed power train fuckups

Mercedes are extremely dodgy. Parent's owned two Mercedes GLS; a Bluetec 2010 one that broke down like in 2015 due to drivetrain problems, air cooling issues, tires getting fucked up and mainly steering wheel locking up midway on the highway, and they now own a 2015-16 GLS that still has issues with the handling/suspension.

Never had an issue with my 2014 A4 Quattro other than brake pads, having to constantly find 92 Octane fucking gasoline (race fuel burns like a mofo), and when you drive it feels like you're not experiencing the full steering wheel responsiveness cause of the AWD. Nonetheless, compared to the Mercs and Bimmers, the A4 is so fucking narrow I can easily pass in between cars on a 2 lane road which I like alot,

Tthe only thing I hate is obviously the AWD and wish Audi would invent the ability to switch between FWD, RWD, and AWD.

this post

When you say 'broke down', what happened exactly? I'm always leering of listening to to stories about people complaining when performance cars break down because it could just be bad driving that leads to it.

>offer manual

Yeah but for how long

To be honest, I would not use a pure manual that has so much power. Paddle shifters, levers, whatever.

But if you just want to run the track, go sanic, you don't want a shifter.

They make money by catering to a market though