California~

I got my first real job a couple of months ago. I really love driving so the first thing I did was go out and buy a focus st. It's awesome and I love driving it.

I live in Canada and it really bums me out. I watch all these YouTube videos of reviewers driving cars through awesome mountains and canyons and down by the ocean and I'm getting really envious.

I fucking hate waking up in the morning and walking out to my car and having the skin on my face freeze off while I scrape ice off the windshield. I hate knowing in the back of my mind that the rust will eventually ruin my car. I hate waiting for the oil to heat up before I can have any fun with my car. it just sucks. I see lots of people posting from California here. how is it? I wish I could just up and move.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YnNPRgjnUOM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>california

nigger just take a trip to the rock shop, ride the seaside, or drive to the redwoods

the rest of your roads are shite though

You drive a focus. Who gives a fuck if it gets ruined by rust.

>the snow mexican is complaining about his inferior shithole country

move to the the country below you which will always be superior

I want to, I have dual citizenship. I've heard that California is really expensive and unemployment is high and I don't have any savings yet.

Califag here. California is expensive compared to a lot of the other states, esp in the cities. Plus Jerry Brown is a fucking fascist. That being said the weather is amazing pretty much year round.

that sucks, I thought you guys still had Arnold as your governor.

Connecticutfag here, i almost moved to california with only $10k in the bank and no job prospects. I dont have the $10k anymore but what would be enough to move to california from across the country? I'm saving up again.

That was like 6 years ago. Also, stop seeing our state through rose colored glasses.

>shit roads despite high taxes
>shit gun laws. What kind of gay ass state requires a background check just fir fucking ammo?
>everything is expensive as fuck
>can't mod your car unless you either know a smog guy or are willing to bring your car back to stock every two years
>your taxes will go to funding illegal immigrants. No exceptions.
>libtards.
Did I mention our shitty Baghdad tier roads?

If you're willing to move from a slightly better communist shithole to one that's much worse, more power to you. Otherwise, I'd take Arizona or Nevada over commiefornia.

t. California native

CT here too. My best friends family moved from California. Taxes are bad here, but general cost of living is a lot worse there. I asked about power and they said heat is more expensive but you don't need it year around like you need the cold.

I'm from Puerto Rico and I reckon you don't NEED AC all the time.

That said, they said it's an amazing place to live.

uh, I'm coming from Canada. Our roads are shit here too, I don't give a fuck about guns and my tax dollars are already going to support poor people and our emissions tests are the same thing.

$20k at least, and that's if you move to a cheaper area. With a lot of mexicans and/or niggers. If you're planning on pulling the trigger, you better have a decent job lined up.

With taxes as high as ours, it's inexcusable how shitty the roads are in CA. Once you cross the border into AZ or NV, the difference is night and day. I'm not getting into the problems niggers and illegals cause since its pretty self explanatory.

If you're willing to look past all that, you'll want to live where mexicans and niggers make up less than 5-10% of the total population IE Santa Clarita, Fremont, Ladera Ranch etc. You pay a premium for that security and you'll be surrounded by Asians (they're not bad though).

yeah the job thing seems to be pretty much a staple in everything that I've read. I just got my first full time job a couple of months ago so not much experience. I doubt I'd be able to land something as an entry level web developer.

>More expensive
People always say this but don't really think about what it means. Try
>35%-50% (sometimes more) of income paid just for fucking rent
>Mexicunts errywhere
>Home ownership means having to move to the ghetto or to Butt Fuck Egypt (outlying desert wastelands)
>Homeless degenerates errywhere (doesn't get cold enough to cull them)
>Fuel and everything else taxed all to hell
>Municipal governments throwing wads of cash at illegal immigrants
>Drivers licenses for illegal immigrants (who never buy insurance anyway)
>Urban areas are traffic-choked hellscapes with no parking
>Beaners errywhere

Also, with unmolested old Civics getting rarer, and boyracer idiots showing off their Fiesta STs and Focus STs all over, I feel like the FiST/FoST are destined to become favorite targets for theft by Mexicunts in the next few years.

Move to the USA if you want but stay the hell out of CA.

I moved from Alberta to California a few years back.
I found a job in California before I moved and company paid for moving expenses.

Moving now would probably cost you a lot more since the Canadian dollar is in the shitter. Renting isn't really much more expensive, owning is though. Gasoline, chicken, and vegetables are cheaper here.

Roads are really shit though. There's a very noticeable decrease in road quality when you cross the border from Nevada to California.

Ah yes another "The grass is always greener on the other side" bro find somewhere else to move Cali fucking sucks I used to live there, the only redeeming factor is the mountains and ocean everything is fuckin trash, that state is hyped up too much

mountains and ocean and summer sound pretty nice compared to the frozen wasteland Canada is for half the year

So find somewhere else to move unless you feel like living in your car.

>Arizona
>Nevada
>Texas

Go drive through Newfoundland if your out east or the Rockies of Alberta and BC

how does that help me with escaping a frozen wasteland

no ocean

also isn't BC cost of living prices fucked too?

Canada is pretty expensive too from what I've heard.

California sucks, just about any other state is better. New York and Florida being moderately worse of course.

Why would you spend $30k on a car when you don't have a garage? Get a block heater and quit your bitching.

What part of Canada are you in? There's amazing roads throughout the country except maybe the prairies. Take up a winter sport like snowmachining or snowboarding to pass the time in winter.

>florida is worse than california

is this a meme or are you just stupid?

i live in florida, & have been to california on numerous occasions & i'll choose to live in florida every single time.

yeah, the roads are boring as all fuck (straights literally everywhere) but besides that, it's a pretty great state to live in if you're a car enthusiast.
i live in south florida, here are some of the benefits
>cool racetracks & hoon locations within a reasonable distance
>perfectly smooth & well maintained roads almost everywhere(not in shitty ghetto areas, duh)
>can do whatever the fuck you want to your car
>no emissions
>noise regulations aren't enforced at all
>cops are laid back as fuck
>as long as you don't actively endanger lives in traffic (weaving thru traffic @ 120mph, that type of stuff) no one gives a fuck

roll races on highways happen on the daily, & guys on sportbikes treat roads as their personal racetracks

yeah, having no curvy roads really sucks but it doesn't really matter when every other aspect of living here is fucking great.

You're on Veeky Forums not /pol/.

No need for the racial slur, I don't have a problem with minorities.

Arizona and Nevada is stupid hot desert

Texas is a great place to live if you like building high horse powered cars to drive on the highway because other than that there nowhere to drive.

Sure, but you still live in fucking South Florida which is a total armpit.

Let me put it this way- you'll get a whole damn new set of problems in California. Try Nevada instead.

what type of problems. Why is Nevada better?

elaborate my friend.

Lipstick on a pig...

is California really that bad? everyone seems to hate it. It just looks like such a big state, how can the whole thing be bad. There must be decent, affordable parts

Culture is fucked, too many people, etc. Great geography though.
t. Californian

You have the write thinking, just apply it to all of America.

It's huge, there's a lot of great places. California is overrated.

what other states/provinces can i look at that have mountains and beaches and summertime weather

pls

the east coast

The east coast doesn't have real mountains. Martha's Vineyard is really pretty though.
t. Californian with family in Massachusetts

>no need for racial slurs
>no problem with minorities
Try living in Stabba Ana, Oakland, Richmond, Stockton, Watts, etc.

Big Brother isn't watching you, lower cost of living, and endless desert playground where you can hoon to your heart's desire.

but how do you go to the beach

>he doesn't know that AZ/NV have mountains
>he doesn't know about Texas hill country

All three of these states also have relatively lax car laws.

>but how do you go to the beach
but how do you go to the beach

California is the shit, anyone else is in denial or just doesn't like constant good weather.

t. Guy eating good food on the beach in LA at 73° c

I would just need to find a job in California :(

LA is fucking terrible. Every time I drive through there I want to die.
>what is the Gulf of Mexico

isn't there oil in the water there

It's too big to generalize. Like anywhere it has its really shit parts but the good parts are exponentially better than anywhere else imo

Dude, the beaches are crowded as fuck and parking is near impossible to find, on top of being ridiculously expensive. If you do manage to find parking and a spot on the sand, the water is cold and there's usually a stiff sea breeze that's just as cold. 50% of the time you'll also be under the marine layer with no sun. Really not worth sitting in gridlocked traffic for a few hours of getting sand blown into your face. It's better if you go at 5-6 in the morning before all the tourists wake up and shit up the roads, but unless you're surfing, there's not much to see at those times.

t. OCfag

is the whole state like that?

This. And the city is infested with libtards. SD is somewhat better, but that's not really saying much.

bruh you're surrounded by sand just find a puddle and boom theres the gay ass beach

I'm coming from Canada, I think we're pretty liberal here by your standards

Socal, yes. Norcal beaches are more of the same, just less crowded. Then again, who wants to swim in sub-60 degree water? Mind you, peak water temps north of Santa Barbara never rise above 60 degrees even at the height of summer.

No. California is a massive state with a massive coastline. It's got everything from incredibly secluded places (I dare you to call the NE part of th state crowded) to incredibly crowded and everything in between. Has climates from hot sandy desert to temperate rainforest. Sea level to 14500 feet. LA and SF are two monster cities but they aren't the only places in the state. Pull up a map and start exploring. Pic related, it's California.

Can confirm
That might be true, but most of my interactions with LA are sitting in traffic wanting to kill myself, or going to LAX and fucking battling my way to the gate.
All of SoCal is pretty overpopulated. Anywhere worth living is expensive. South OC is breddy gud but in the summer the fucking 909ers from the inland empire come and shit up the place.

No, oc is gay tier and shark infested. Go higher like la county beaches

You'll hate traffic anywhere you are...
Worst metric to judge a city.

traffic is terrible in the gta around toronto, 401 is busiest highway in north america apparently. is it really that much worse?

People from LA are pretty cancerous too

>LA county beaches consistently ranked worst water quality in the state, second only to the Tijuana river
Shouldn't you be blocking a freeway protesting Trump?

what does that mean

You can say that about anywhere. Not an argument

Yeah that's why literally the whole world spends their time and money to travel here.
Don't you have a cousin to fuck? Lmao, flyover cucks get so triggered

Are they borderline militant like ours? Literally every week some faggots try to block a road screaming love trumps hate.

Where I work you can pretty reliably tell when people are from LA. Hard to put it in words.

not every week but it has happened a couple of times

I work at a popular bar at the beach. You can call out anyone from being a shitty person no matter where they're from. I can also easily say that it's mostly faggot east coasters that shit up LA. I can say the vast majority of spics/blacks are shit tier, I can say that about anyone.
Generally for the most part I'm not really disagreeing with you, la does have plenty of bad people. But I've been to other places and have experienced the same thing . Humans generally suck. But for sure the good people are absolutely unforgettable and amazing

>Implying I live in a flyover state
>Implying LA has anything worth seeing aside from nigger riots and libtard rage
I'm glad us SD people don't get looped in with your lunacy.

Just look at the coastline if that's what you want, Oregon and Washington are nice, though probably only slightly warmer, you could do anywhere south of Maryland and be alright. North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia have mild winters and hot summers with access to beaches and mountains.

My brother goes to UCSD and told me some chick got ran over trying to block the freeway to protest Trump.

That's cause sd is irrelevant lmao.

And you're triggered pretty hard dude, I voted for trump and live here

Yep, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Driver actually got off scott free because she ran out just as theyvwere driving by.

Keep thinking that, we all know I'm right.

Right in what? As if there's no liberals in sd you cuck

Scroll up and read you brainless maggot. No wonder everyone in CA hates lafags, only the stupid live there.

This pretty much

The location is amazing, the people that live there suck.

super fucking gay rules and regulations. can't legally modify your car in almost any way. super lame emission testing and regulations. youre not missing much.

Ehh you're still a cuck for choosing to live in the secondhand wannabe los angeles desu, stay irrelevant

Even more of a cuck for choosing the worse city just because of some it's inhabitants

>can't be bothered to read or do research
I'd rather be a "cuck" living where the best surf is than a brainless dolt who thinks a smoggy sewage dump is goat.

Stay mad, bitchboii

>Let's go to San Diego!

Said no one ever

so is there anywhere in california that I could afford a small 1 bedroom for ~$1200 a month and find work as a web developer which isn't a ghetto? I don't care if it's far from the ocean.

can't go back to san diego
youtube.com/watch?v=YnNPRgjnUOM

You better be good at swimming ; )

Maybe SAC but pretty much nah

Your own studio apartment? Maybe in the newer areas of Riverside/San Bernardino County, but you'll want to kill yourself commuting through the traffic. Idk about the bay area, but it's generally a tad more expensive up there.

>Your own studio apartment? Maybe in the newer areas of Riverside/San Bernardino County, but you'll want to kill yourself commuting through the traffic. Idk about the bay area, but it's generally a tad more expensive up there.

Are there suburbs I could look at?

I feel like you could probably do a studio for that much if you did some searching.

That's basically what I'm paying for around toronto right now so I don't think that's unreasonable. Thanks

Look around for small apartments in Fullerton and Anaheim. The cities are generally really nice with only a few bad areas.
Pros: mountains and toegay to the north, open desert to the east, ocean to the west, you're near disneyland, weather is comfy af, currently ~28C today.

Cons:
Cali police aren't nearly as nice as canadian cops, trying to get anywhere in a hurry will only fuck you in the ass with red lights and traffic everywhere. You'll learn that to meet a friend for lunch or something will generally add 20-45 minutes depending on the time of day.

Most people are in california because you were born here or you moved here for work. If you wanted all the pros with none of the cons, I'd recommend oregon. But its hard to beat those consistent clear sunny california days.

Thank you, Fullerton/Anaheim look really nice. I think I might start putting some money away. It just sucks that I just landed a really good job here. I don't really think I'm happy here though.

I'm just going to lay it out for you plainly and as unbiased as I can make it. If you plan on moving here, be prepared for eyewatering first year expenses. This is mostly due to the cost of moving here in the first place. Avoid living in the big cities proper, taxes there tend to be much higher and it becomes exponentially more difficult to own a car from lack of space. Go for a small apartment or whatnot in suburbia. Generally, the closer you are to the beach, the more expensive it'll be.

As far as anti fun regulations go, enforcement depends on locality. They're going to be more anal about things closer to big cities, especially in the bay area.

Road quality is ok, but falls short of most other states in the US. From my experience, us SoCal fags aren't lying about LA's road quality.

Scenery outside of the big cities is fucking breathtaking. There's simply too much to describe, but I personally love the stark beauty and serenity of the desert. Literally you can pass through 3-4 climate zones on some of the highways.

Tl;dr: If you're committed to moving here, it's really not that bad of a place to live as long as you know where to avoid (which are few far apart when looking at the entire state in general).

As far as socal goes, I'd say Highland, Rancho Cucamonga, Moreno Valley, Corona (south of the 91), Anaheim (east of the 55), Fullerton, south OC, Poway, Escondido, Chino/Chino Hills, Walnut, Rowland/Hacienda Heights, Arcadia. It's actually safer where it's very Asian heavy.

Thank you, this is just an idea in my head right now while I put some money away. The roads are shit here in Ontario, the cost of living is high, the OPP are dicks, traffic is brutal, and the weather sucks 6 months out of the year.

If I'm going to be dealing with all of the above I'd rather do it somewhere sunny and warm.

>As far as socal goes, I'd say Highland, Rancho Cucamonga, Moreno Valley, Corona (south of the 91), Anaheim (east of the 55), Fullerton, south OC, Poway, Escondido, Chino/Chino Hills, Walnut, Rowland/Hacienda Heights, Arcadia.
Gotcha, thank you!

>It's actually safer where it's very Asian heavy.
Thanks Toronto is the same way

I don't miss my mother in law style studio in cucamonga for 1300 a month

>asian heavy

disgusting.