R A P I S T S
A
P
I
S
T
S

Fun fact.
VW has just celebrated 32 years of rape free driving across six continents .
If you were raped inna van, dont blame VW.

Overpriced piece of shit

Any extended van is amazing for the room it gives. Loving life in mine

Do you wish you could stand up in it?
Ever thought about a high top?

It's not a big deal, and I don't think I'd spend the money to high top it

>not posting glorious buhanka

>not enjoying your $8000 brand new van

>not having fun time with friends innawoods

>not spending every weekend in garage rustproofing and fixing this unreliable piece of art

>not having a chance to try yourself the absolute horror of owning one

>not living a brave life of buhanka driver

>not enjoying vast amounts of clay and water

>not having enough of buhanka's bullshit and building a monster

I just got a 86 ram b250. Its in great shape. Was my grandpas. The Plan is to turn it into a camper van.

nice.
your gonna love love it

I think vanlife threads need to have an american van in the op.
People here hate vw

>current vandweller, dwelled 3 months in same city, didn't really drive other than to repark it
>snow is gone, roads are clear
>went on my first adventure, was going to be a 2-day roadtrip/hiking
>actually have a driving phobia, but the advice is "just practice more" so I was trying to be brave and logical that I would probably be fine
>was doing fine, then...
>got in an accident
>freak out thinking I just became homeless while stranded in another city (no friends/family btw)
>luckily van was driveable (american steel fuck yeah) and only cosmetic damage
>police determined other vehicle was at fault, but really I was making a left in heavy traffic, I shouldn't have attempted that
>now reconsidering driving the van anywhere except to repark it
>had two other close calls during the trip (aggressive drivers being dicks)

What do? I technically have enough money in the bank to buy a new, shitty van in cash if necessary, but between the hypothetical accident and procuring the new vehicle, ??? I'd likely have to abandon all my possessions and put the hostel costs on credit card. Also am I stupid for having the liability-only insurance (cheapest option, 75 a month). But this is my third accident so I think insurance for better stuff would be at least 150 a month. (all minor accidents, but still). I'm earning far under the poverty line at the moment.

Here's what I was driving (not mine, stock photo.) What a beast. The other car was a honda crv and got its front end annihilated. I just popped my dent out and it's fine to go. Headlights still work and everything. I'll never make fun of dodge again. It's a god damned tank.

>Driving phobia
>Lives in a vehicle
how tf did you end up in this situation?
Also I threw around the thought of van dwelling but I can't get around the fact that people would easily be able to fuck w/ me at night

Either I live in a van or I buy kneepads and suck dick off craigslist to make rent. No choice. Anyway I'm not a horrible driver, I never use my phone or get distracted, I'm not aggresive, I don't run reds, etc. There's no logical reason for me to have the phobia, but phobias aren't logical. You know how shitty the average driver is, and you know how easily they can paralyze or kill you because they just had to check their phone. Driving is like a wheel of chance where the options include random death or dismemberment. But everyone else manages. So I was thinking I just need practice driving. Whelp fuck me. I'll just try to go hiking with other people who can give me a ride.

I just wanna live in a van and travel the country, but no, some dick has to get home from their wageslave job 5 seconds faster. Gotta watch that tv. So they drive like shitbaskets. Most of my phobia is purely that other people will fuck up and kill me. So I guess I can't fulfill my dreams of being a traveling dirtbag.

>night

Tinted windows and a blanket over my head, leave just a breathing hole. Invisible. Really, if you think a van is unsafe at night, how is an apartment safe? Breaking into apartments/houses is ezpz.

My apartment won't get towed away in the middle of the day.

Your apartment could burn down because the shithead in the floor above you fell asleep while cooking dinner.

Security is an illusion. Anyway, if the van gets towed that's easy, I get it back within a day or two. But if it gets totalled in an accident while I'm in another city, then what? Idk. Especially if I'm injured or something and couldn't just stay in a hostel and walk around to go find a new van and transfer my stuff to it. Dunno if Veeky Forums has an answer. It would take at least 2 weeks to buy a new van, and the question remains what happens to my crap in the meantime and how I get home, and if you have an injury then what? Instant homelessness I guess. At best get into heavy credit card debt from putting a hostel on charge until you can get your shit together.

Im sure. Plan is to set it up with batteries and a queen sized bed to sleep on. Take it to the beach for quick vacation get aways.

Also to have a place to chill dueing my lunch break where my coworkers cant find me. Being a manager means no rest if you stay in the building for lunch.