youtube.com/watch?v=2dkN0YIBjEM
youtube.com/watch?v=r2swS9mnTIc
youtube.com/channel/UClehjf53rfc9R7LpVsHPWuQ/videos
vintageoffroad.com/viewvehicle.cfm?id=522
youtube.com/watch?v=JkXq3g7q-os
youtube.com/watch?v=X-q6Y8nn1iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought that the appeal was that it was pretty bad

They tricked out all of the useless shit and left them with the same POS drivetrain

youtube.com/watch?v=2dkN0YIBjEM

i remember enjoying it when i was younger for a while. i forget when exactly they jumped the shark but it got really bad really fast and then i never watched it again

why the fuck would they put a fish tank in some guys car

>why the fuck
Because nobody would watch it if they fixed their shit and painted it in a normie way.

It was but I really liked Xzhibit
Apparently he was really chill too

xzibit has fallen in hard times
youtube.com/watch?v=r2swS9mnTIc
youtube.com/channel/UClehjf53rfc9R7LpVsHPWuQ/videos

I remember there was a big problem with people getting their cars back and flipping them almost instantly for huge profit.

How is that a problem?

How was his music

IIRC they wanted to do follow up episodes with people to see how they liked their cars, but nobody kept them.

They also had big problems with some scrap heaps blowing their engines/transmissions so people would throw them out after that as well.

rekt
xzibit aged horribly

>that guy with a pool table built into his car now just has a heavy pool table

>They also had big problems with some scrap heaps blowing their engines/transmissions so people would throw them out after that as well.
Yeah, it's not like people would be willing to buy them after all those ridiculous modifications.

people who got chosen to have their car pimped were mostly deserving car they drove. Stupid and ungrateful.

the 2000s were a hell of a time

Lancruiser was kinda nice.
vintageoffroad.com/viewvehicle.cfm?id=522

I could easily see another version of this show becoming popular if they took the cars and actually modified them to be track/performance cars.

>old shitty civic busted up
>crew takes it and restores it
>instead of putting in dumb useless shit like tvs and fish tanks, actually rebuild the transmission, engine, supsension, add turbo, new brakes, tires, exhaust, etc.

but there's probably a show like this on YouTube somewhere anyways I'd imagine. And you'd almost have to do scrap yard cars because random people would purposefully abuse the shit out of their shitboxes to qualify as a participant

why? it was satire, now dumb shits take this stuff way to serious and becomming memes themselves.

If you think the original series was bad, try watching the UK version.

Holy shit, it was bad.

>tfw fat joe will never pimp yo trabi

I remember some shit in an ama in (yeah yeah I know) reddit from one of the owners on the show:

>builds they shown as done on days, actually took almost an year to complete
>some shit was immediately taken off the cars after the filmings, and even still, some of what stayed was unusable
>owners backstories were fabricated (I think he said, on his they unloaded 2 bags of candies on the car's floor to paint him as a major fatty), excitement from seeing the cars was also staged
>they didn't do shit to the engine, even being on its last legs
>xzibit was a pretty chill dude

There was more I'm sure, might try digging it up again.

>yo dawg we heard you hate yourself SO WE GOTCHU BRAND NEW SUICIDE DOORS

Nobody except 10 autists will watch this shit show.

>Holy shit, it was bad.
It proved to the world that Tim Westwood is the undisputed cock lover of the world

youtube.com/watch?v=JkXq3g7q-os

More like stance it

>riced a trabi
>left 2 stroke engine

youtube.com/watch?v=X-q6Y8nn1iA

I remember that there was this poor bastard who got his RAV4 pimped out on the show and then years later it burst into flames.

>Seats and bars look like they're made out of duct tape
>kinda nice

No.

>vintageoffroad.com/viewvehicle.cfm?id=522
nigga u stupid? Why would anybody in their right mind drive a popcorn machine.

this and it also spawned good memes

>j'-wkuqi has a shitty old ford with a ruined engine and transmission
>SO WE FINNA FIX IM UP WITH A FIFTEEN INCH
>PLASMA
>TV