imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=brdqJ29PQac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for ded thred

>try a throwing only, expert, no infinite weapons run with mods
>constantly have shit dps and fail to get past any mechanical bosses
>eventually give up and start using infinite ammo weapons
>kill the destroyer with ease
Shouldn't consumables be stronger than jew weapons?

>you now remember Red nerfing throwables because one shitty streamer thought they were too OP in 1.3

So I recently returned to Terraria to finish my magic only expert run, which I gave up at Plantera.

How do I kill her. I just cannot do it with the piss wand and the crystal storm.

For Honor is making me want to explode in anger so instead I'll play this

nice

>magic only expert run
You only have yourself to blame here, user.

I guess you could try cheesing it completely with statue murder factories getting you infinite stars and a few hearts. Failing that, it's possible to make a ring of teleporters to keep her from hitting you.

Okay, I'm not really into the mechanics of the game, but does anyone know why these spots of hallow and crimson appeared in my world, even though I separated the crimson and hallow from spreading? They could have not spread from the existing ones, since they are far away, so why do spots of crimson/corruption and hallow appear at seemingly random locations?

Because you broke altars. Every time you break an altar, there's a chance that a random stone block in the world gets converted to crimson/hallow. It's why some of the autists here say that you shouldn't break altars and fish instead.

Oh fuck. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I can't get any of the servers in the OP to work. What could I be doing wrong?

Trying to join dead servers, that's what.

How long have they been dead? Has nobody bothered to put new ones in?

You are given the chance to remove or rework one enemy in the game
Which enemy do you choose?

The wall of flesh.

Beehives. The bees now drop something or have some purpose beyond annoyance.

I wasn't here for that but it sounds retarded.

last good server only had two regular players

i wouldn't mind hosting a server, vanilla or tmodloader BUT there's no supply of players

Hey I got this here Xbawks controller and my wrist is sore from a long week of box tossing. How do I get Terraria to recognize it?

Nevermind found the problem.

Stupid mod I was using was outdated.

>The air is getting colder around you

Time for my nightly rape :(

>want to mod terraria for the first time
>find mods i want
>all on dropbox
>it won't allow me to download any for whatever reason
Why won't modders put their mods on multiple mirrors for fucks sake. Now I have to wait for that shitty site to fix their god damn issues

youtube.com/watch?v=brdqJ29PQac

>the Yoyo Overload mod finally got updated to the latest tModLoader
Oh fuck yes, time to finally get around to doing that broken as fuck playthrough with thrown damage yoyos enhanced by ExperienceAndClasses and Thorium.

Have you tried the mod browser or do you need dropbox for tmod?

First you install tModLoader, then you click the mod browser link that shows up in the main menu. Click the mods you want, then go to the mods option in the same menu, enable what you want, hit the reload button and there you fuckin go

tried that
all i'm getting is 0kB files

>tfw playing semi-blind
>just beat skeletron prime
>mfw it says "the jungle grows restless"
what am I in for lads?

Restless anal rape.

Alrights lads, I don't see anything different with the jungle besides able to mine the green stuff now with my new drax :^) will report more later

You know already about Plantera because you've read all the wiki now why don't you shut your cask up

look for a giant pink flower and break it, it drops some pretty useful stuff like the Venus Magnum, Nettleburst and Seedler like the shadow orbs/crimson hearts.

Haven't seen anything 2bh. I tried getting into the temple thingy but still couldn't break in wtf

You need to break the flower first, but they take a bit to start spawning.

The bulbs spawn a miniboss that can drop the key you can use on the door. Like the orbs but it doesn't spawn wraiths, just a miniboss called Plantera, and like said it just takes a while before it spawns.

Meant for

Oh miniboss? So how long do these flower thingies spawn? Couldn't find any, maybe they take a while to grow like plants

Damnit I keep hitting reply on one and it replys to a different post. Either I'm not paying attention or something is fucking up.

They spawn after you beat all 3 mech bosses. Theres some life fruit in the jungle you can use to increase the life cap to make the next two mech bosses easier if you havn't beat them yet.

I already killed skeletron see , and alreayd have 500 health. I just want to get into the temple but these anons are saying I have to kill some plant miniboss

Put a column of 3 platform stairs against the locked door then run towards them while holding down.

Also the guide is saying NOTHING

have you beat the destroyer and the twins yet? They are the mech versions of Eye of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds, you need to beat them before the bulbs spawn.

Yep. I have the drax since i killed all three and able to mine the clorophyte ore. I just instantly bolted for the underground jungle after the message "the jungle is growing restless" appeared so maybe it take a while?

Refighting the mech bosses spawn more of the bulbs, but you should be able to find some somewhere. Might take a bit of a search though.

>the guide doesn't tell you to put a single light or dark key in a chest
How were you supposed to figure that out?

Is this it lads?

Alright going in lads. Past this point im pretty much blind since i haven't touch the game since the mech bosses. This is exciting. Lets go

Miniboss my ass, I just got my ass kicked

Become proficient.

Oh my god it actually worked.
God damn was that bullshit story worth the effort.

Looks like it's time for you to hollow out half the jungle for an arena for this bullshit boss.

Assuming you're geared up as high as you're legitimately supposed to be, I guess the most important thing is to have an Arena with plenty of moving space. Maybe a combination of the pisser and something with homing so you can focus on dodging.

Is Experience Based Classes still worth using for broken/OP playthroughs? That mod's been nerfed to the point that unless you manually set your level really high, you're better off using Solidified Potions or Fargo's souls.

Try leading it out of the Jungle Biome, thereby taking it out of its home field.

Protip: You can get your HP up to 600 via Life Fruit.

You mentioned already being able to mine chlorophyte? Then you're gonna want to do that, then upgrade to either Turtle Armor or Spectral Actor (depending on your playstyle)

Better hurry though. Hallow and Corruption/Crimson will spread pretty quick until Plantera is killed.

Indeed.

Are you happy?

I legitimately thought that special message meant the temple (I bet it has a bullshit boss too considering it has a similar achievement there), and this "Planetera" Would be as easy as the queen bee. Oh well.

This brings up another question. I never really delve into 'classes' much and just use the highest defense armor + a gun. Do you play like that or what?

Also what is better, Frost armor or Titanium armor? I like titanium's passive since im a shit dodger but love the frost armor's buffs. Or should I just ditch them and go for hallowed or the green shit? I have a turtle shell now.

Reminder if you aren't playing as a mage you must enjoy getting raped by monsters.

At this point, you should probably just try to mine for chlorophyte. What weapons do you use?

Even if you don't want chlorophyte armor, if you want to stick to guns, you're gonna need chlorophyte bullets. They're pretty much endgame bullets, despite there being an even higher tier bullet after 'em, because of their special property.

Try to get a Golden Shower as well. It'll debuff Plantera, thus upping the effectiveness of your attacks.

You'll want plenty of space to dodge around Plantera, so try leading her up to the surface where you'll have plenty of room. She'll drop spikey balls as you fight her, so you'll want a platform to stand on so that you don't damage yourself by running into them.

Mobility is key with Plantera, so jumping & dashing accessories or wings are highly recommended.

Alternately, you can create a jungle biome in an area of your choosing. It's possible for the Plantera bulb to spawn in such places as well.

Again, try to take out Plantera ASAP. Hallow and Corruption/Crimson spread quite fast until you take her out.

Getting to a level where the bonuses are noticeable is really fucking grindy but it doesn't seem all that ridiculous if you stay within the mod's intended boundaries. If you want to break shit you can just change the experience rate to 400% or so with the mod's own commands, I suppose.

I've turned off the mod because it's become pointless (to me). Sure it gives a fantastic accessory but there are other mods that give on par or better accessories with less grinding involved (although they're not necessarily easier to get).

Do you know if the older versions are still available? Those were great because they changed the way you could play Terraria. The current version gives a potentially great accessory but is otherwise kind of boring as a mod. Again, that's just me. Most people probably prefer the newer versions.

>What weapons do you use?

mainly megashark with cursed/crystal bullets, and 5 lightdisks.

I live in a corrupted world so can't get that.

I'll try, it's already a 3rd infected total so yeah. Fishing for normal underground caverns is already getting difficult lel

>Which enemy do you choose?

I agree with this user: I'd make it so a Beehive when destroyed drop a single block of liquid honey.

But that is only good in hardmode, and hardmode is just boring/not fun.

Are there any mods that make endgame multiclass viable?

>two solar eclipses in a row
>"a blood moon is rising!"
Why can't I just play the fucking game?!

Remove: Gastropods. Fuck those things. They don't even drop anything useful, just gel which you already have a billion of, and the blessed apple which you can get from any other Hallow enemy. Even in endgame I never spend any time in the Hallow at night because I'm fucking sick of getting sniped by these fuckers from two screens away.

Rework: the beehives. First, they should spawn far less often. You literally cannot swing a stick without hitting one. Second, the bees should actually drop something useful. Or if not that, then a hornet should spawn every time you break one to give you a higher chance of getting the bezoar.

>hardmode
>not fun
am i getting memed on?

>Try to get a Golden Shower as well. It'll debuff Plantera, thus upping the effectiveness of your attacks.

I would say only use the Golden Shower if you're going mage. There are options for every class to give the ichor debuff. For mage, it's the Golden Shower. For melee, it's the Bladetongue or, better yet, the ichor flask to imbue any melee weapon with ichor. If you're playing ranged, what I would do is use chlorophyte bullets for your main weapon, but have ichor arrows for a secondary weapon. Use the bow to apply the debuff, then switch back to the gun.

This way you can keep your DPS up by applying the debuff with a weapon suited to whatever armor you're using.

R8 muh setup (in terms of usefulness, aesthetics, etc.)

Why have you not eaten the devil heart?

Elaborate. I haven't actively played this game for like half a year, and I've never really kept up with Veeky Forums.

>2 picks, neither are a lunar pick
>not storing the drill containment unit and grand design in the piggy bank
>no demon heart
>keeping fishing items in your inventory when not fishin
>melee
0/10

Play expert mode.

>lunar pick
Just realized it's better than shroomite, I'll take your advice user
>keeping fishing items in your inventory when not fishin
I'm trying to get that stupid achievement, so everything I do revolves around fishing
>melee
I want to go mage but I've killed the moon lord like 30 times and still haven't gotten the fucking prisim, melee is just my lazy setup.

I'm too much of a pussy
Plus I've used this world since like 1.0 and I have too much nostalgia to give it up

>Desert on expert mode

Get a load of all this blood stained sand. Jesus christ I remember when the hardest part of the desert was the cacti.

Is anyone else unable to connect to www.curse.com? It's "not redirecting properly" for me.

Who cares about curse?

I do. I'm trying to download a map. Is it working for you?

>want to play the game
>don't want to fuck around trying to kill mechanical bosses

I haven't beat this game and I can't even get past the metal worm

Daedalus bow + holy arrows + tiny box in the sky

>tiny box in the sky

do you mean above where the worm can reach?
I have the daedalus bow and probably some holy arrows
I have been using a bunch of platform bridges though and trying to dodge him

The tiny box is a mistake. You want to move freely, even for the destroyer.

Agreed, a tiny box in any boss fight is a death sentence (unless it's a cheese box).

For the Destroyer I usually do a line of platforms high in the sky, Megashark with crystal bullets, and the Nimbus Rod. Especially with the crystal ball buff and the magic power potion, the Nimbus Rod tears through the Destroyer. All you have to do is swat the probes away. It's easier to get than the Stormbow as well (assuming it happens to rain WHY WON'T IT RAIN).

Wait what am I saying, you need to kill the Destroyer to get the Megashark. Any high-output gun will work, like the clockwork assault rifle.

>megashark before destroyer
What?

Dude I already corrected myself. It was my plan to keep this thread alive by having crazy conversations with myself but I see you've figured me out.

>5 seconds difference between posts
>being so defensive
I think we've caught a cheater.