Engine has 552bhp

>engine has 552bhp
>car only lets you have the full 552bhp when in 7th gear

For what purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoJ-tkBNixE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>his miata only has 140bhp
>complains about some car that probably has three times more power, even when limited
lmao

>he thinks I have a car
I'd post a picture of my bus pass but it has my name on it and I don't fancy getting doxxed, sorry pal.

>start the car
>shift into 7th
>depress accellerator pedal
I dont really see a problem here senpai

fuck you got me
>car barely moves

>tfw i have a miata AND a bus pass
feels good man

Well get out and push then you fuckin' manlet.
Goddamn 550 bhp and it cant even launch properly, italian machinery for you i s'pose.

>fuckin' manlet.
my excessive height is one of my only redeeming qualities, please keep the word manlet away from me
>cant even launch properly
nothing is going to launch properly in 7th gear

>Ferrari built their car wrong
>I know what's best for a huge Italian car manufacturer

yet it still does 0-60 quicker than the competition

>power too much for the wheels in lower gears
>only in seventh can you use it all without wheelspin

Like fuckin' hell, put a 7 speed in a VL and it'll launch all day long, night aswell even
If there's one thing i know mate, its that the italians can make a mean fuckin' pasta, but that's about it abbo

>Like fuckin' hell, put a 7 speed in a VL and it'll launch all day long, night aswell even
haha this guy
ok prezo you can put your trip back on

I dont know any prezzo mate, but my name's steve (stevie for short) if that says anything to ya aye

>my name's steve (stevie for short)

But that's bigger than steve ya daft cunt

Well yeah mate but that's what me mates call me, mate
Informal personal names and shit like that ya drongo

haha yeah nunya mate

Ridgy didge bizzo right there mate

with enough torque you can get going no matter how tall your gearing.

Yeah this guy's onnit, torque and shit mate
VL got tonnsa that

I gather this system works by reducing torque, but the bhp remains the same? How do they do that can someone explain?

Probably not.

this launches in 7th

I doubt that's the case. It's restricted for fuel economy or longevity, but gets the bump in 7th for a higher advertised top speed and maybe better driveability for high speed cruising a la Autobahn.

makes sense

Some of it must surely have to do with ease of driving. That shit makes monster torque and it's meant to be easy to drive as it's just a cruiser.

>car only lets you have the full 552bhp when in 7th gear

>For what purpose?

preserve the DCT and possibly fuck around with fuel economy ratings.

It is achieved by varying boost and fuel ratio. My saab doesn't give me full boost in 1st and 2nd.. but that is more because FWD and transmission not being up to it.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""7th"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>$40k truck
>420hp, can use full power in all gears

>$350k Ferrari.
>550hp, cucked out of full power till 7th gear

Wew, Nice lazy engineering, Luigi. Maybe stop using Dodge transmissions and GM suspension?

If they let the T do all it can do it would have done 0-60 the same as the F12 which is a bad look for a car that is $150k more. It's still more than fast enough for what it is, the normal Californias are shitty but the T is way underrated

It's not possible to reduce torque without reducing power. Power is a product of torque whereas reducing power is as simple as reducing engine speed.

I went on the bus yesterday because I got tired of paying $22/day for parking.

It wasn't even that bad. $1.75, seats were clean.

There was one man with headphones rapping that made me a bit upset but I stared him down and he stopped.

7/10 would ride again.

As for OP, I think you wouldn't notice the absence of power until you're going for top speed.

Because they want get rid of the turbo-lag.
Best turbo- V8 ou there atm.

Especially with the the handling-package.

Same engine basically.
Ferrari is very clever indeed. They tried to achieve the "NA-feel" with the turbo-V8.

>"""Ferrari""" California
This is the Barbie car you buy for your trophy wife, nobody cares about the driving experience.

wouldn't launching in anything over the first couple gears just break a ton of shit in the drive train?

Maybe a shittily engineered car.

youtube.com/watch?v=zoJ-tkBNixE

It works by reducing boost pressure by gear.

It won't do anything for turbo lag. It's just a way to increase reliability and decrease accidents (even Ferrari has zero confidence in Ferrari drivers!) while keeping the spec sheet looking impressive.