Car that has cheap insurance

Is there any car that has cheap insurance I used to pay $500 a month from Esurance for the most Basic. I couldn't fond anything below $300 a month, and i looked at a vast amount of cars.
I'm 19, Male, live in Detroit, and I don't have any tickets or anything but I got my licence at 18.
Plz halp!

Other urls found in this thread:

valuepenguin.com/how-cities-michigan-ranked-based-car-insurance-costs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Man, i dont fucking know.
Just get a bus pass or something, dude, dont lay this shit on me.

think of older 4 doors/wagons/suvs
literally anything that doesnt fuel your testosterone
stay away from higher displacement and forced induction
im the same age as you and my insurance is about 100/month for full coverage on my 88 civic 4 door in socal

2dr has higher insurance

Sunroof has higher insurance

Get a 4dr Civic for low insurance

I have a 4dr cibic and it costs 300 bananaskins a month to insure.

>$500 a month
You mean $500 for 6 months? A payment of $500 per month is too much. At that price, you might as well use the bus and a bicycle. If your detroit buses have bicycle racks on them (my west coast buses do), then it is convenient for you to bike to your bus stop and then continue using the bike after you get off the bus.

He might live in Ontario like me. Here you will pay at least $200 but if you're young, male, and unmarried, and you drive a civic, you're looking at a minimum of 300 per month for liability alone.

>he wastes money on insurance
lmao if you poor idiots stopepd buying 30 year old cars because 'muh boxes' you wouldnt have an unreliable piece of shit that will fail you every other week
and if you're a good driver you'll be able to slide out of the way of helen's crossover

If they were unreliable pieces of shit, they wouldn't make it to 30 years old.

>belair owner on damage control

I kek'd

It is still illegal to drive uninsured

this, also say you're cohabitng with a partner and the car is garaged

Well if its anything like in the UK
>less doors is better
>less seats is better
>add 2 people onto your insurance, parents and grandparents are best, try different combos
>say you drive your car in peak times
>sometimes more miles is better, for me best is around 7000 per year
>if you live with your parents, have them own the car, but have your own insurance policy on it (in your name NOT THEIRS)
>say you (or whoever owns it) has owned the car for a few months beforehand
>power matters more than displacement or what wheels are driven

basically, just try every option. shit hat seems totally insignificant can take a fuckload off the price.
Honestly, just get something shit, young people get fucked hard wherever you live. Less power is better, and smaller as well. IDK what you guys have in the way of small shitty cars, Geo metro maybe? IDK if you guys got the Ford KA, but its cheap to insure, even if it is ugly and slow (surprisingly decent though drive though). Maybe try a manual as well, since you're in Detroit it would be less likely to be stolen by a shitskin

what the fuck
How are you paying $500/month?

I only pay $100/month from State Farm.

mazda miata 1990 was $38

the fuck are you doing? i pay $27.50/mo for my 4x4 98 tacoma and like $50/mo for my '94 civic hatch.

I live in a third world country where it's also probably illegal but not enforced

different states have different laws.

26, no accidents, no tickets, liability is $300/6mo term and comp/coll $1,000 limits is also $300/6 mo term(muh new car) because new york makes it shockingly easy to claim whiplash and get tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars with no medical proof other than your word.

when my brother started insurance in 2004 in a 2001 maxima it was $600/mo to insure him liability only in new york. again no accidents but he was 16.

Civics also frequently top most stolen cars lists, which affects insurance.

Solution: Corolla, Cavalier, Sunfire, or Cobalt sedans.

>don't have any tickets
Irrelevant. Painfully irrelevant. Auto insurance rates, like everything financial, are based on a credit score. That and age. The faggot down the road who's totaled 3 cars is paying half what you do because of this.

You want to drop your rate? Get a credit card with a low limit, like $250 a month. Max it out on food & rent and pay it off every month so you don't deal with interest. Build a credit score and get new quotes every 6 months to see if you can get a better rate somewhere else.

I drive a saturn ion redline and the insurance was expensive for full coverage with esurance.

i just switched to liability with geico for $35/month. no point fully ensuring a 3k shitbox.

Man, some of you fuckers really have no idea how insurance works.

Insurance rates are dictated mainly by damage potential. Things like comprehensive and collision are completely optional and will make up the bulk of your rate but you can opt out if you want (just don't total your car or you are fucked). My '90 MX-5 has absolutely nothing but the state liability requirements and it's only $400/year and that is WITH a DUI on my record.

You know why? Cause in a piece of shit car like that, the only thing getting fucked up in an accident is me. And America gives you the freedom to insure against yourself as little or as much as you like.

Don't max it out. Just like 30%. While utilization has no memory, maxing your lines of credit every month looks bad.

The reason he's paying so much in insurance is because he lives in Michigan which is a no fault state. Also claims in the state are high due to bad drivers and worse roads. Michigan is one of the worst driving states in the union.

My recommendation my dude is get something:

-green or blue
-wagon or sedan
-Japanese (Honda or Toyota)
-or Korean (Hyundai not Kia, those are poorly built and unreliable).
-keep that record clean.

Hope this helps user.

cars that no one ever drives

4 doors, AWD

I was getting some quotes online and somehow a mazdaspeed6 has pretty cheap insurance compare to other sedans that are not sporty.

Civics and corollas have the highest insurance rates here. We have the shitty no-fault insurance system here in Ontario though, if that changes anything.

Mid 90s GM cars cost nothing in insurance.

I remember looking at insurance rates for my zx-6r when I was 16. They were close to if not over $1000 a month. So I went with liability and paid $160 for 6 months.

I pay $90 a month full coverage Audi A4 Quattro age 25 male

Holy shit, another detroit fag reporting in. where you're living will also change your insurance costs. esurance has honestly been the highest insurance for me around the area. Geico and Progressive have yielded the best results in terms of cheapness. also try to avoid popular-in-accident cars like a corolla. valuepenguin.com/how-cities-michigan-ranked-based-car-insurance-costs

If you finance a car through a bank they require full coverage.