/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #473

''Mad Max'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12253094
strawpoll.me/12253109

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=G0iydAALKYE
youtube.com/watch?v=oWQKQDkEJKs
youtube.com/watch?v=njmkPRFvJx0
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=hN9TucT5gfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the movie good?

I saw a few scenes of it and was not really convinced.

Max is #1

1/2

>Kate was finally back in her dorm once more. Poor girl, she was nearly bullied to suicide, all because she was drugged at that Vortex Party by who knows what… but Kate was back, and that’s all that mattered, right? Kate’s bunny Alice certainly didn’t think so however. Alice was too busy thinking about how her friend Lisa was doing; Max’s attractive plant that she was able to keep alive by watering it just enough each morning! Kate had plans to go hang out with Max tonight to go searching for clues as to exactly who drugged her and how, but this wasn’t of Alice’s concern. Alice had only one thing on her mind, and that was the luscious, soft green leaves that only Lisa could grow.

>“Okay Alice! You be good while mommy is gone, I’ll see you soon!” Kate said in an upbeat tone as she left the door to her dorm creaked open a bit by accident. Alice saw this opportunity, as she clawed gently at the side of the metal bars of her cage, desperately hoping that she could get out to see her one true love.

>After about an hour of searching, Alice finally found a spot in her cage that she could gently slide open with her paws and squeeze through. Yes! Alice gave a little victory hop out onto the table where the cage lay, and down onto the floor. Approaching the door instilled some worry in the poor fluff ball’s mind, as she nudged it with her nose. But alas, the door was only opened a small bit, leaving hardly a space for the rabbit to inch her claws in to open the door. Alice’s nose twitched in disappointment as she frantically hopped about the room, trying to think of another way. Suddenly, the door seemed to breeze open, just enough for Alice to hop through. What? Alice chose not to question this, before she squeezed her body just through the space in the door, and hopped out the other side.

2/2

>The dorm rooms were seemingly quiet, nobody was arguing or yelling, locking each other inside of rooms; it was strangely still. Perhaps everyone had gone to another Vortex Party? Whatever… Alice had to get to Lisa’s room! Briskly hopping over to Max’s room, she nudged the door open with her body and happily hopped in up to Lisa. Her leaves were so bright and beautiful… her pot fit her just perfectly as she stretched towards the ceiling. She was even more beautiful than Alice remembered… its been forever since they’ve hung out! Lisa gave a knowing sway of her leaves as a small breeze battered against Alice’s ears, as she gave a small twitch. Did Alice breeze open the door? Would it really be so far fetched to think that Lisa could open the door if Max could rewind time? Alice certainly didn’t think so. Life certainly is strange…

>Alice gently hopped up into the pot, being careful as to not bump Lisa’s leaves or stem as she nuzzled up to one of Lisa’s sweet smelling leaves. With a small lick, a blush spread to the rabbit’s cheeks as the leaf tickled her nose in return. It was okay that the world was falling apart around them… animals were washing up on the beach, storms and strange weather plagued the area, and their owners seemed more than stressed. But, none of this mattered to Alice right now, she was safe under Lisa’s protecting, comfortable hug of her leaves, and that’s all Alice could really ask for. Alice nestled down in Lisa’s pot, minding the placement of her claws as she laid down next to the plant, giving one last loving lick to Lisa’s stem before drifting off into a heavenly sleep in Lisa’s tender embrace.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

Kate marsh v cute

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

There are many stories to be told in Arcadia, but this is one of the more heart-capturing ones.

IT AIN'T ME
IT AIN'T ME

>Season 2
>Max changes the past to save Chloe, Rachel, William and Arcadia Bay
>"Chaos Theory" happens
>Kate develops her own powers at a young age
>She's taken into government custody and brainwashed to be a super soldier

>Reminder this won a BAFTA.

Kate is qt

youtube.com/watch?v=G0iydAALKYE

The Witcher 3/Until Dawn deserved more.

What type of Pokémon do all the main characters use?

>Max
Water
>Chloe
Fire
>Jefferson
Dark
>Kate
Psychic
>Warren
Normal
>Victoria
Ice
>David
Ground
>Nathan
Fighting
>Rachel
Ghost

>Warryn's pokemon

>The Arcadia Bay population don't even know how to use them.
Michel: They just have to use their imagination.

I'll make friends with someone who has a PS4. Bloodborne sounds interesting, but I've never been a fan of Sony's consoles for whatever reason.

>The main issue is that the game puts atmosphere over actually making the game functional, you'll be tasked with collecting something but given no indication where it is in the world space. This is especially annoying considering how painfully slow you move.
That sounds kind of like the Evil Dead game awhile back. There was little to no direction. My friends relied on my guidance to finish the game. I lost interest pretty quickly, despite being a fan of the franchise.

>Considering her bitter or broken is an insult to her struggle and strength and will to happiness, her lively, vivid and bouncy nature.
That's how she acts around Max. With Joyce and David, she's far less happy. She's still bitter and unduly angry at Max sometimes. It wasn't her choice to leave Arcadia Bay.

>Terrible interpretation.
Incredible criticism. I thought you were going to stop responding to my posts?

>Goddamn, this is the thirstiest, most pathetic thread I've ever seen.
There's a definite element of that in the game, but not all /lisg/ers are that bad. A few are capable of stepping back from their lusty attractions to the characters and analyze the story. The richness of the characters and storytelling up until the last episode were incredible. A bad ending ruins what was created in the moment, but not when considered from a distance on their own.

At the end of the adventure Alice is forced to make a binary choice: live in a world where bunnies eat no carrots or Lisa dies after Max and Warren fuck on top of her then Frank spills beans on her leaves when he gets a turn while Chloe's tears salinate the soil, destroying her chances of regermination.

Not if I have anything to say about it, Frenchman. I won't let you lay a hand on Lisa, Max, Kate or Alice.

Max is confirmed for a healslut.

I fixed the picture for you.

>Max being passed around so that everyone gets a turn while Chloe is forced to watch
user, please, I can only get SO erect...

Noice.

Not if I imagine you inside a Kryptonite cage, Kel Alice.

You are a creation of my mind. My will is your fate. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

>Noice
Thank you. I try.

>user, please, I can only get SO erect...
The general was hurt by that portion of the nightmare sequence...I figured the opposite would better appease my fans.

>samefagging this hard

The general often discusses Max and Chloe, Lisa and Alice, Kate and Victoria and the rare Maximum Victory post, what other pairings are acceptable to /lisg/'s collective headcanon?

There's a script to detect that. Unlike Michel , I'm innocent.

best ship coming through

I hope that ship originated in Mexico because I don't want it anywhere near my ports.

Joke's on you. My partner Wonder Dorothy has no weakness to Kryptonite.

Warren/Kate
Jefferson/Nightmare Max

"If they run, they're sinners. If they stand still, they're well disciplined sinners"

I hope that ship sinks.

My imagination was not prepared for this--No! Ugh...

>Sean Prescott will rewind and save him from the heroic bunny so that his conquest of Arcadia Bay will continue.

>reminder that Max & Chloe will return in Ep. 3 after Ep. 2 is financially disappointing and DONTNOD realise that the appeal of the game is tied to lesbian hipster waifs and their punk girlfriends.

homophobes spotted

That's kinda gay, user...

>not 'hella' gay
Rewind and try again.

>Max & Chloe will return in Ep. 3 after Ep. 2 is financially disappointing
What are you talking about? The first four episodes of Life is Strange brought Dontnod back from fiscal ruin. Max and Chloe were the focus of the first five episodes.

I'm expecting a return at the end of Season 2.

Only Max has the power to turn hella gay.

Meant to say "Season", not "Episode.
I dun goofed...

Season 2 will be disappointing because Max and Chloe won't be in it. They'll bring them back for Season 3.

So I just started this game because I got it from Humble Bundle and why did it attract so much hate again from /v/? I am like rock hard with all the QT girls everywhere

>Meant to say "Season", not "Episode.
>I dun goofed...
Really? I had no idea...

Max and Chloe were great characters. Unless they come up with a new duo that matches their depth, Season 2 won't achieve the same level of success. Hopefully they at least make a cameo appearance. If the Rewind power returns, Max may make an appearance as a mentor to the main character. I'd rather they give us a non-binary ending where a mysterious hero saves the Season Two protagonist in the last episode and, right before it cuts to black, lifts up her hood to reveal she's Max Caulfield, thus setting up a return.

One idea for Season 3: The main conflict is Max and the Season 2 protagonist figuring out a way to save Chloe and stop the Prescotts without destroying the space time continuum. Dontnod drops ambiguous hints as to whether Chloe died in the bathroom or sometime after the Bae ending, thereby enshrining neither ending as canon.

>I am like rock hard with all the QT girls everywhere
What an enlightened fan. I see why you appreciate the game unlike the uncouth /v/ crowd. Nice bait too.

Reposting these for our friend:

youtube.com/watch?v=oWQKQDkEJKs

youtube.com/watch?v=njmkPRFvJx0

They actually make me sentimental too.

Way to be a stereotypical Veeky Forums fag dude

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Don't forget the fan epilogue.
Just enough sweetness to give some closure while keeping everything open-ended.

I lost the link, but here's a written description.

> Chloe and Max don't return to Arcadia Bay when Blackwell re-opens, but stay in Portland.
> Kate Marsh contacts Max when she doesn't come back.
> "I'm with my girlfriend in Portland."
> Kate spurns the "devil worshiping hedonists."
> Without high school degrees, they don't find jobs.
> They end up living in Chloe's truck.
> After a few stints in prison, they seek help from their parents.
> Max's parents, mad at her for wasting their money by ditching private school, won't let her stay with Chloe and bring her back to Seattle
> Max's parents blame Chloe for Max's bad behavior and prevent her from contacting Chloe
> Chloe is abandoned once again.
> Joyce, a conservative southern woman, and David, a traditional Republican, send Chloe to conversion therapy in return for paying her debts.
> Kate suggests a clinic run by her church.
> Chloe is raped by multiple male orderlies each day to ungay her.
> Max wakes up.
> "Wowsers. What a horrible dream. Good thing I sacrificed that blue haired dyke to save the town."
> Goes down the hall to suck Warren's morning wood.

youtube.com/watch?v=hN9TucT5gfk

Fuck off and get hit by a truck

>Just enough sweetness to give some closure while keeping everything open-ended.
It only gave closure to Max and Chloe's relationship. The ending didn't address who survived the storm. Photos of Max and Chloe in the album with Kate, David, Joyce and the others taking shelter in the diner would've allayed more concerns.

>pic related

That's not going to end well...

I know what you mean. The other characters are left unaccounted for and I know that's not what Renderanon was going for. He just wanted to cap off the abrupt ending with something that left a better taste in the viewer's mouth than 'they drive out of the town. The End.'
It's obvious in his video that Chloe's home in Arcadia Bay sustained a lot of damage, since that's where the pictures of her parents were recovered from.

But as for something that tries to show more and give closure to other characters, it hasn't been tried yet. Sbel did a little more but even that only showed Joyce, Frank, Warren, and Nathan.
Maybe someday someone will tackle the huge task of making an ending/epilogue that gives a decent amount of closure for each character. Even if it's just a few seconds to show 'hey, they're alive and okay'. Something like a montage ending from the first two episodes would be perfect. I already have what I would have shown planned out but I have no knowledge about animating.

They're late because they were sleeping in

Yes Kate, they were "sleeping in". Like gal pals do!

Whatever sex life they had would be incredibly kinky

Why do you think they went back to sleep? They woke up, used all their energy, and tired themselves out (again).
It's fine. It's the weekend and they don't have anywhere to be. Maybe they'll go out later in the day or evening.

I find Warren and Nate together strangely adorable. The sex would be kinky and shameful.

Ir's am interesting pairing and if it helps both them out then I see no problem with it.
Keeps Warren out of max's hair, gives Nathan someone to be friends with and talk to, and gives the both of them an outlet for whatever freaky shit they're into.

Oh great now the lisg discord is talking about Warren x Nathan

Which other video games do you enjoy, /lisg/?

kek

Lately I've just been playing World of Tanks when I have some free time.
But most of this week has been typing essays, reading textbooks, and having a tab of /lisg/ open

How do I get a dinner date with Kate?

I don't wanna be alone on valentine's day.

Rainbow 6
Ace Combat

Valiant Hearts once it goes on sale

Just ask her politely, Victoria.

That's more cornering her. But alright.
If she's up for it.

Brooke just got this MMS

Dental hygiene IS important!
Kate could print out a friendly reminder and leave it by the sinks in the bathroom.

Kate is so considerate.

Max just got this MMS.

Battlefield 1, Dirt Rally, Rainbow Six Siege.

Looks more like a photo. They're staying with Joyce and David this weekend.
It's Saturday so Max didn't have to get up for class and chose to sleep in. Chloe had to get up and go to Two Whales for her shift, but she left that on the pillow next to Max for when she wakes up.
Max can go visit Chloe later in the day.

I'm sure they have plans for Valentine's Day as well.

Ok that sounds better.

Max raids Chloe's wardrobe again

Cute!

Way to go Max! That's pretty stylish.

After getting back to Seattle, her ad Chloe would both probably need new clothes. Shopping trip!

I would play that game and not even be ashamed.

I would as well. Just a shopping LDC where you get a budget and decide what to try on/buy and plan out a nice little date for them. A chance for them to relax and just be normal teens after the storm and everything else.

Just watched Blue is the Warmest color and it's literally the closest thing I've got to the feels lisg gave me. Does anyone have other recommendations similar to it?

Yarrgh!

the man the myth the legend tyler fkin 1 is streaming life is strange RIGHT NOW

yay...? (Who?)

the best league of legends player to ever grace the scene and the best draven player IN THE WORLD

You and your postly typo quota!

It's cute.

You sound excited!

Have fun watching the stream user.

Never played LoL, but okay.
If a few of the players I follow played LiS I would probably be excited as well.
Enjoy the stream and try to steer him away from the Bay trap.

Damn. Rawking out.

Ah! A ghost!

Kate is artistic!
And all their outfits look cute there.

Neat! But once again that artist consistently does certain things with too much of a texture.
The hair and pants especially.

But those minor criticisms aside. GO, CHLO!

Yeah, the textures are always a little weird.

Carbon Chloe!

I couldn't see Chloe ever being in a band or anything like that, but she plays instruments as a hobby. Good way to be creative and just let out some stress.

>not dead yet

hehe

Meanwhile, a Max serenades her Chloe

Can't ice the Price!