I make 90k a year through my business (self employed)

i make 90k a year through my business (self employed)
have a credit score of 750
have a credit card limit of $22,000 as an authorized user, also have my own credit card.
went to a car dealer today to buy a car, could only get a 22% interest rate.

what. the. FUCK! i've only have credit history for 3 months. maybe thats the reason? how can i get the apr down to 5-6%? no bank will give me a fuckin loan. the car was a 2015 toyota camry for $14,000 btw.
>inb4 why dont you just save up etc.
>inb4 why not buy a cheaper car
>inb4 why not bigger downpayment

Credit age is a thing.

so basically wait how long?

You don't qualify for a first-time buyer thing?

A year minimum.
After one year my interest rate went from 29.9% to 4% (started from zero credit)

Welcome to the life of a millenial.

Also to add to this
There is a difference between credit card credit and auto loan credit.
They build and show differently

wow and this was accomplished how? did you just have a credit card and pay it off ontime or did you bite the bullet and take out a previous car loan at a shit rate?

Started with a small auto loan of aprox $6000
Always paid on time
After one year got a credit card with $1000 limit
Only used for fuel
Always paid off completely every month on time.
Now i am buying a house.
Took about 3 years to get to house buying

thats kinda me right now. i took out an auto loan in december 2016 for 8k. after all fees my balance ended up to be 15k at a 15% interest rate (i know)
currently have a credit card with a 1k limit aswell thats not an authorized user, and i only spend it on gas too kek
is that the apr dealers would offer you? or the banks? which banks, and what kind of loan?

Go to a credit union. My buddy got approved for a 1.5% car loan. You wont believe what happened next. The BMW dealership one upped his bank's loan and offered to finance it for 0.99%

It's a cut throat world out there. Promptly mail a bag of shit to anyone that offers you an interest rate above 2%. This is something only retards agree to

guess the only thing i have to do is wait.
fuck. thanks based user, useful info.

Dealer had me at 29.9%
Credit union put me at 4% after one year
You need to read OPs post again

>self employed
and here is the problem

Self employed here too.

why is this a problem?
i mean i understand that banks frown upon self employment, but why if the income history is provable? its almost like banks are encouraging you to be a jobslave instead of having your own business.

its the three month only

seriously, either buy cash or wait a longer time to build your credit

This guy is right. I went through a credit union and got a way lower rate than elsewhere. 3.something%.

will do the latter, thanks senpai. this board is pretty based.

Just wait out. I have a 4 year credit history and despite having been in $4,000 in debt. I payed off $2,000 and now.my rating shot up 60 points and have 790 credit rating lol. Just wait it out op.

they wont finance u because your self employed income is undocumented and unverifiable to them so you make the equivalent of $0 to them. How you have 750 credit score with 3 months of credit history baffles the fuck out of me but nice. I got a 4% interest rate on a 2010 car using a co signer and I had no history, if you really make so much and your parents history is ok maybe ask them to co sign for you?

High credit scores are easy to get when you're young, it's not uncommon for people with one credit card to get to scores like yours. Also if you make 90k a year self employed you can lease the car as a company car and write it off in taxes.