/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/:

Spess Architecture edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1025.0.html
avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1756.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for rangeban every kerbnigger and weeb faggot

second for UAZ

third for keep /egg/ clean

4th for following global rules 6 and 8.

>I could hang out on any site I want but I choose to use a site made by weebs, for weebs, owned by a jap and based on a jap site.

You know this site is for weebs right? Most of them are faggots though.

Hush now:

>mad weeb butthurt pavlonian response: the post
Were i a mod i'd have handed rangebans like fucking candy.
Then if the shitposter wanted to keep shitposting he'd have to buy a pass, only to inevitably get banned again because he's a mouthbreating retard that can't into n-body physics with n>2.
Improved site quality AND a stream of revenue for the site! What's not to like? One could even drop the more annoying ads!

>I could actually give a valid retor with something original, instead I will repost the same stale cookiecutter argument.
Discussion of anime or anime accessories is not the topic of this thread or this general. Therefore, fuck off with your boatshit or whatever.
Sperging out over the use of anime reaction images is just sperging out, though.

Now it is time to engineer.

sTEAM ENHINES

Yet there are different boards.
This is Veeky Forumsegg/, not /a/.
If you wanna sperg about weeb stuff, do it on the appropriate boards.

I can't even tell which poster you're whining about.

Weeb reaction images are appropriate on all Veeky Forums boards deal with it nigger

>Lego botes
Do they bother putting buoyant areas in models, or do they just rely on Lego being buoyant by itself?

It's just one literal autist getting bent out of shape for letting our inner weeb slip out. He got banned yesterday and I guess one ban wasn't enough.

Lego boats do not float well from my experience.

Will there ever be a proper airplane engineering game, not just simulation? All we have is simpleplanes, and that's, well, simple.

In old lego catalogs they showed the boats floating in water did they lie to me?

Yes.

Simpleplanes is meh.
The game that quite literally cannot be named with the FAR mod is quite fun for plen engineering.

by their very nature the click together with air in them, making them float normally at least.

Yes and the more weight you add to them, especially with blocks that trap less air, the less buoyant they become.

They're usually not very airtight from my experience.

Nope, there are some boat bricks.

The problem's going to be how many blocks are above the waterline, since they won't help with buoyancy.
Aircraft carriers are probably the best shape for this actually, since they're flatter/wider than most ships.

But FAR is shit. It's iffy in transsonic areas, doesn't really do sideslip and the fundamental design of the game prevents any kind of meaningful aerodynamic simulation. All the mods do is desperately try to make of something so shallow and dull, and none of them have managed to truly succeed, including FAR.

>faggots already shitting up the thread
>still no steam engine pics
Do it before they fuck this up again

Shit taste

Yes, all correct.
But unfortunately I know no other game with at least this level of building and physics.

Lego is as bouyant as a brick, you'll need to have the bote hollow and waterproof for it to float

And this was the end result

noice

>Sheev Engine Company Ltd

I just loved that after a while they stopped moving because they were spinning too fast

wait how did it not break then

what do you mean? this was just when steam engines appeared, so there was no limit to the pressure you could add. The moving parts just kept moving faster and faster until they reached a point where they stopped moving, but still produced power.
Then i spent half an hour building boilers and pressure until i got

I think I found my next build.

FUCKING MOESHIT POSTERS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Bait harder.

Didn't that one, or something very similar, even have a point where you could attach a small motor?

I recall it also came with a lead(?) weight that wasn't too well secured inside its plastic housing. I wonder how many brain cells I killed studying the thing.

I used to have Playmobil toys with lead weights.
One was an old-school diver, he had lead weights on his shoes and even an air pump that went to his helmet.

Mining is overrated but flying an asteroid trough those squares would be industrial space age/10

That's one of the few things you CAN do in Spengies, isn't it? Most asteroids are a bit big, but if you put mining equipment arranged like that it should work with smaller ones

Dunno about the boat sets.
I was more into trains.

/egg/, which engineering game is best suited for fulfilling my Land Carrier fetish?

FtD

>get ideas to build shaps in spergies
>remember spergies

wait, there's land vehicles in FtD now?

there have been land vehicles in FtD for a while. There's even a land based campaign. Sure, it's still shit, but it's better than nothing

>Sure, it's still shit, but it's better than nothing
If it's still just the two shitty wheels, then no, no it's not.

this desu

Worry you not; You are guaranteed absolutely no patches or updates to wheels or anything related to land as Nick is currently preoccupied with wanking around with steam engines and completely removing fuel engines while at it. That is, unless he's already completely dropped FTD and moved on to not!FTD.

gmod serb when

OPEN BETA WHEN
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's probably gonna become F2P bullshit eventualy, so at least let me play while I'm still a little hyped

>Avorion currently has four times as many players as FTD
>more than FTD has ever had at any time
>while FTD continues to lose more and more to Nick's bullshitting around
>and it's only been a month since its launch

>watching The Expanse good shit btw
>see Scopuli and Canterbury
>[desire to build cargo haulers in Starmade intensifies]
>remember how unnecessary actual cargo haulers are even on BDLS' serb it wasn't that necessary rip Mercury and salvage Mercury
>remember how much planning actually going through with it will involve
>lose all desire to do shit and hate myself for that
This is why I can't have good things.
I need someone to kick my ass so I'd start working on industrial warships. This is why I need survival aspect - I require a drive to do something meaningful, even if it means war with half of the server.

Wouldn't this be the best possible thing to make a Warbros serb for? Practically everyone who owns Steam has it, it runs on anything above Russian Toaster tier and can easily be used as a chatroom if nobody's actually making anything.

The answer is simple.
Build the Cant in Avorion, where cargo hauling actually matters.

>sell gaem for $20
>no 12 year olds
>no grinding for jewish players
>no milking of moneys from gentile players forking over dosh over and over to skip the grind
>no inevitable server shutdown
>hell, add mod support and dedicated serbians
>everyone is generally happy
Gaijin: "Happy? Everyone? Can't have that in our game"

I would make a server myself but my internet is fucking shit and my best ping to us is 200

Seems like everyone forgot the cant in season 2

Holden gets gassed when?

Only after they finally blow up Iserlohn

>hauling actually matters
>in avorion

What are you smoking?

If you're trying to build fucktons of good turrets, it kinda does.
Or if you want to make stupid amounts of money off "stolen" cargo.

>not making billions by jewing npcs
>not making an industrial empire and creating a fleet outfitted with overpowered as fuck energy weapons you made in a turret factory

What's this about removing fuel engines? How the fuck would small stuff like planes get around without them?

batteries and electric engines, until Nick decides to "fix" those as well

Who said there will be any more small stuff? Stupidly oversized exploit juggernaughts are the only way to play the game according to the campaign, obviously.

I got 110M with one fucking trade of particle accelerators and my cargo hold is tiny as fuck.

Building an actual hauler is only good if you ghetto one out of iron and even then, what are you going to use all that money for?
Stations ATM are absolutely useless, making a production chain takes a long ass time and you have to haul everything into them manually.

The game is far too early into development to start roleplaying EVE in it.

>you have to haul everything into them manually.
wrong. put docks on your factories and NPC haulers will occasionally come by and sell/buy shit.

>The game is far too early into development to start roleplaying EVE in it.
that won't stop me from trying

>put docks on your factories and NPC haulers will occasionally come by and sell/buy shit.
Problem with that is that all sectors are active only when the player is in them. There is technically a mod that solves that, but only partially. It just keeps track of each factory and ticks the production up when you come back, it doesn't handle the selling and buying of goods.

But did he actually remove them or just talk about doing it? I haven't played in a while and I find it hard to believe he'd be that fucking retarded.

He did it in the past, and he's done more retarded shit. It's a cynical, educated guess, but a very good one at that.

He hasn't said anything, but think about it.
You have two brands of engines, (electric and RTG don't count).
One that uses fuel and one that uses materials directly.
The one that uses materials has moving parts while the other one doesn't.
Fuel engines require you to refine materials to turn them into fuel.
Knowing how he's simplifying things for the target playerbase, it makes sense that it will get rid of refineries, and by extension, fuel. And since both engines would run with raw materials, and one has animated parts and the other doesn't, you can guess what happens next.

yeah, that's a pain. hopefully koonschi will add some simulation for trading in unloaded sectors

> put docks on your factories and NPC haulers will occasionally come by and sell/buy shit
Yes i tested it, made a power plant in onje of the home sectors with a shitload of factories, in 1 hour only 1 NPC visited my station, promptly rammed the docking port and fucked away.

Really makes your brain tickle.
faggot

>earth blows up deimos
>like, the whole moon
>mars doesn't immediately nuke them back
The guy who wrote the expanse should read seveneves, the whole premise of that book is if luna aka earth's moon blows up, the planet has 3 years to live before it's sterilized by hundreds of thousands of asteroids burning up in the atmosphere

Is this where we talk about stardew valley or is that the inde thread?

Does stardew valley feature engineering?

>hopefully koonschi will add some simulation for trading in unloaded sectors
It is on the list for the second next update, see:
>next updates:
>multiplayer update, stability, server browser
>content update, multiplayer factions and alliances, multiple players will be able to fly alliance ships (one pilots the ship, other control turrets, yet another can control fighters, ...)

And as singleplayer connects to a local server, there shouldn't be any difference between single or multiplayer features.

no

Deimos and phobos are tiny, dude. Really tiny. It's smaller than even Ceres, more of a tiny little asteroid than anything. It hasn't even achieved hydrostatic equilibrium.

Then what the fuck would it do here?
This is an autism zone.

whose panties got stuck in your bunch?

It'll still fragment into smaller and smaller pieces, with everything eventually crashing down on the planet. Look at chelyabinsk meteor. 1 big rock fragmented into 2 pieces and completely burned out. Shone brighter than the sun for a few seconds, and people needed sunburn treatment in the middle of fucking winter. If you have thousands of meteors crashing down on a planet simultaniously, the heat transfer is gonna be ludicrous.

Meanwhile the martians react with "they ruined our sky". And the Earth's UN Ambassador or whoever she is is more concerned with actual stuff earth has on its moon, and not desctrution of the moon resulting in eventual total annihilation.

Your mother's.

End of February is open beta. Game has actually gotten alot better in the last few months. Not nearly as jewy as it used to be and they are balancing weapons every week now trying to make everything decent enough for when they go open. Also graffix improvements.

The only problem is that they already killed their own playerbase a long time ago by being a bunch of greedy kikes with terrible systems in the game like durability on parts that would break after a few battles(not in the game anymore). So when they finally go open, it will most likely just be the hardcore fans returning who already liked the game anyway. It will most likely be stillborn.

The one HUGE issue the game has is servers. Theres only 2 servers. Russian server, and North American server. North American server is dead as fuck, so they are forced to play on the russian server which has actual players, which means anybody outside of europe is trying to drive a fast car and shoot at the same time with 200-300+ ping.

>It's probably gonna become F2P bullshit eventualy,

It is a F2P game. It only costs $$$ on steam because thats if you want to get in early.

Once it goe sopen they will probably just sell gold currency and weapon/car packs, but you can play for free just fine.

Free to play game has only 2 servers? Oh, I wonder how do we fix this problem.

Seriously though, never play F2P games ever. It's better to get burnt by early access meme games like spengies and empyrion, than being F2P cuck.

I havent played spengos in a while, is rock/paper/scissors still the newest update or should i opt out of beta?

>End of February is open beta.
I assume you don't actually know that

avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1025.0.html
Is there any way to get the server files for this? Like downloading them by joining said server? Because I'd really like to muck about in them or at least play with them without subjecting myself to a pretentious EVE-wannabe server community.

>what are you going to use all that money for

>founding resource factories or mines when you cant find one for making turrets (up to around 10 mil a shot)
>buying every single resource you are going to use in resource depos, so you never run out
>buying every single upgrade you find to stuff it into research centres for getting incredibly powerful modules
>buying turret components as some will cost you millions to buy in significant qauntities

once you have money in this game you are instoppable. I've blown a fuckhuge ship up and been back in the same ship immediately after respawn since I had so much cash and resources.

and you can get money 2 ways of any real value
>claim and sell roids (only good up to a few mil)
>trade (piss easy up to about 100 mil after which what you trade matters more)

Someone answer pls

No, the multiplayer contest ended a while back.
No idea on what the result is.

Also they replaced the aesthetic and called it a beta

>3D Algodoo for Spengies, when?
No Idea, didn't play it for half a year.

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

Is Spintires fun?

avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1756.0.html

>Gameplay
Docks regenerate over time or when a sector is loaded
Current ship tab shows missing blocks
Added explanation to m/s in loading screen
Thrusters are slightly more powerful and scale with volume
Added a build tool to repair block by block
Added a "Repair Ship" window
Window shows repair costs
Window can discard current repairs, accepting your ship as-is, but this loses the "perfect" version of the ship

>Misc
Improved error printing to log files

>Scripting API
Implemented a sector.lua script that is always present and that does some sector-static initialization

>Server
Implemented binding to IP with steam networking
Command line interface is now working with windows command line
Added a /playerinfo command which prints info (index, steam ID, location) about players
By default /playerinfo is only available to server administrators and mods
/ban, /banip, /unban, /unbanip, /give, /groups, /kick, /teleport commands work with player indices and steam IDs as well
Server administrators don't undergo white/blacklist checks
Added command-line argument and setting for generator threads used
Command line option is --generator-threads
Improved file writing security checks for less corrupted saves

>Bugfixes
[UBR] Fixed wormholes going to sectors on the ring
[UBR] Fixed a hang on the server when saving players
[UBR] Fixed typo in german localization
[UBR] Fixed missing data saving on server shutdown
Fixed a crash in galaxy when loading invalid sector data