BRACE YOUR FUCKING BUTTS

E-turbos are coming.

battery powered compressors?

Yes.

not gonna lie that sounds like the beginning of a paradigm shift in engines

will be the last dead cat bounce of ICE engines before e-motors take completely over which will happen once they're priced the same like ICE cars since normies will slurp up that instant acceleration and cheaper running costs.

This

Use electrical energy to boost turbo up to speed

Regeneratively brake the turbo at set RPM vs engine RPM

Perfectly smooth turbocharging with as much electronic regen as you want, find the perfect balance of as much torque fill as you can afford vs optical boost pressure at any point in the rev range. Map Boost pressure against engine innefficiencies.

Boom ultimate engine efficiency.

The most exciting part? You can easily apply this to older cars, it's a fancy turbo and some fancy engine management.

E-Turbo miata i cannot wait.

can an electric rotor can move a heavy turbine very quickly?

counting your chickens.

A powerfull 48V electric motor can spinn up a compressor in fractions of a second.

depends on material strengths and amps or is it watts?

ever drive a Prius hard?

Makes me wonder how we waited so long, then.

Yeah I was about to post about the Prius, but the engine still charges the battery.

this
>E-Turbo miata i cannot wait.
the problem is that these motors for those e-turbos need 48v board voltage which means you'd have to convert your miata to 48v too. not impossible but yeah still a bunch of work

Electric power systems used to be heavy and expensive, so doing stuff like that didn´t make sense before.
Now since they got cheaper and lighter this technology makes sense.

Also you can add a secondary 48V system.

ha

I like natural aspiration, but if a turbo has an electric rotor, then it's simply superior.

>BRACE YOUR FUCKING BUTTS
>E-turbos

Sounds about right. Anything besides naturally aspirated or supercharged is faggory.

You don't convert, you just run a separate electrical system for the turbo. They do this with electric supercharger's currently.

What if it's an electric supercharger on top of the engine and a electricity generating turbine at the muffler at the rear of the engine?

ELECTROCHARGED

hope u liek hi octane

Why wait? You can get one today.

might as well get nos at that point you ricer

lmao.

ebay e-turbos actually rather hinder the air flow than actually doing anything good

You've gotta refill NOS

>ELECTROCHARGED

You rang?

yeah you're right.

in the end if I really need a boost, I'm going fuel injection.

>brushed 12V DC-motor
>tiny cables
>producing any boost at all
Unless this little piece of shit has at least 1kW of power, it doesn´t make any sense.

Wha? Nah dud, lies. Even ones without actual motor give you at least 20 additional hp, electric ones rated for 50 - 80hp +

and rebuild engine

Once you use NOS, it's time to retire it entirely

Wild. How is it handled? The computer?

>Wild. How is it handled? The computer?

no
>engines sucks air in
>fan spins
>+100hp

they're already here

So the turbine just spins with battery power constantly?

Yeah this is gayboy tech.

no, you don't understand.

in this particular case it is literally just the fan that spins in the air stream.

then fuck off, retard

Cool concept

this.

you would probably just run a secondary alternator or have a secondary set of windings in your original alternator that outputs 48v to a separate and isolated circuit for the turbo.

I don't get it, I thought the point of turbos was to reuse the exhaust gases.

>He actually took the b8 this long
wew lad hope you learned your lesson

does it require anything higher than 87
if so fuck off

>Turbo
>Electric

You mean electric superchargers.
Turbos are gas turbines.

>the problem is that these motors for those e-turbos need 48v board voltage which means you'd have to convert your miata to 48v too. not impossible but yeah still a bunch of work

>thinks his spark plug uses 12V
What are transformers.

Using amperage/ohmage jewery you can turn a 12v dc circuit into 48v.
Or like you said, transformers.

Why don't I have this on my FRS?

>transformers
The only work with AC current.
Also your lead acid battery would run into the peukert effect too much to be usefull.
A secondary 48V LiPo system would be much more efficient and could deliver much more power.

>literally a beltless supercharger
Wòoooooooooew huigh tekkk

No, a beltless doubble charging system with a exaust gas turbine.

naturally aspirated electric motor

>The only work with AC current.
>Implying your alternator isn't A/C
>Implying your spark plugs don't have coils connected to them (transformer) to produce the voltage needed to produce a spark.

I hear there is no way to convert A/C to D/C and D/C to A/C...

You shouldn't need another battery, just a slightly bigger alternator.

you must have got the slow model

>Implying your alternator isn't A/C
My alternator muts out 14,4V DC to charge my battery.
>Implying your spark plugs don't have coils connected to them (transformer) to produce the voltage needed to produce a spark.
Spark plugs usualy use self induction instead of transformers.
Also getting about 5kW from a normal car battery is inefficient due to the peukert effect and the insane current of almost 500A.

small brushless motors were not around nor were induction motors
oh and battery's sucked ass
NiCad can burn in hell for all I care

>transformers
nice efficiency drop you have there
and its not like you get any extra watts out of fucking around with voltage and amperage while still having the same power source

>My alternator muts out 14,4V DC to charge my battery.

No, it doesn't. Alternators put out something between 12 and 70VAC depending on the alternator and engine Rpm. It's the voltage regulator, which includes a rectifier (sometimes built into the alternator housing as a single unit) that converts that to 14.4VDC.

Alternator = simple ac generator.
Alternator + voltage regulator = 14.4VDC to charge.

I thought electronically spooled turbos were already a thing but they were illegal for some reason so nobody used them or bothered to make them

>E-turbos
How would that even work?

Why not just use a regular electronic supercharger?

With a proper e-turbo like in F1, you can use it to harvest electric energy

or, electric car that gets help from an ICE.

...oh wait.. that's actually a hybrid lel

>but yeah still a bunch of work

>putting 4 12V Batteries in your trunk is a bunch of work

They're mostly rebranded boat bilge blowers