/edg/scg/ Elite:Dangerous Star Citizen General #130: Fun Fun Fun edition

Star Citizen Information:
>FAQ for newfags
pastebin.com/HuA29Wu9
Referral code randomizer (for newfags):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
[YouTube] Star Citizen: Full CitizenCon 2016 Presentation
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15704-Monthly-Studio-Report
relay.sc/article/january-2017-monthly-report-summary
youtube.com/watch?v=UujtfN7hCdo
polygon.com/2016/4/12/11413572/guns-virtual-reality-htc-vive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's dead until 3.0 or SQ42 gets released.

hence the /edg/ part

>SQ42 gets released
Sweet summer child.

>doing some R+D with our animation programmers for a more advanced version of foot anchoring that adapts leg IK and ground alignment based on whether characters are on their heels or on the balls of their feet.
High heels confirmed

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15704-Monthly-Studio-Report

relay.sc/article/january-2017-monthly-report-summary cliff notes of the monthly report

Large ship controls are even more sluggish in 2.6.1. Not saying they should fly like fighters, but if the Starfarer/Caterpillar already handle like this, flying something like an Orion must be a nightmare.

So I'm almost done grinding for my Corvette and I'm not sure what to do with it once it's done. I was maybe gonna set up in eravate or a cg or something and blow dads out the sky for fun. Fdev doesn't ban for trolling do they?

Cat new AB top speed is 300. The name finally fits.

Go to colonia and do it there

If I recall I was able to take on a connie in the starfarer in 2.5, it turned quickly and has large weapons.

Starfarer SCM:90 AB:270 Cruise time:22 seconds

The 350r has a PRE speed of fucking 70. I don't think you are doing anything but trying to go to quantum and get away in that thing.

I got a 350R, awesome.

The increased jerk has tightened the handling up a little. It also has fucking missiles, but they don't work.

Voyager direct is free on the ptu, if you didn't know.

WAT THE FUG

it's a bug

Welcome to my world

>Potty

You fucking what mate?

>it used to mean something to fly around in one

It means you have a LOT of disposable time and nothing better to do.

Usually switching between open/solo fixes that for me.

>afking in supercruise in open

>flying without rebuy
he deserved it

REEEEEEEEE

FUCK OFF BRABEN GIB ME MUH GIBS

>20 mission limit
Braben pls

ha ha ded

Making crew/turret gunners relevant, probably a good thing.

post your shame

2weeks 3 days here

145 hours and all i got is a shitty python

>WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY RANK UP MISSIONS!!!???????/

Why is everything in this game fucking a pain in the ass to DO!!!!!!!!

>MISSION FAILED
>MISSION FAILED
>MISSION FAILED
>MISSION FAILED
>MISSION FAILED

stop accepting after you hear failed the first time retard, it locks you out of more missions and you'll have to wait for that game mode's station mission to refill. just reset and move on

mfw 3.0 and SQ42 wont be released until July 2018

actually makes me sad ;_;

>think about getting a VR headset for ED
>check how much htc vive costs
>899

>E:D without a second monitor for YouTube/Netflix/chinese cartoons

Elite is probably the worst VR experience I've had with my Vive so far. I tried it once and never again.

You can't read anything on your HUD and the contrast of the hud on black cockpit/space causes lots of rays on the lenses.

I've heard it was amazing by an Occulus user.

Post some dadcore

>tfw this is the dominant voice on the forums
>tfw streamer dad fag says that its our fault and not the communities

>falling for the VR meme

Give it a year or two for this shit to die once people realize that the only games that come out for it are rail shooters and niche driving games and it'll be cheaper. VR in Elite is shit anyways.

saw this early this morning and gagged

>our fault and not the communities
What do you mean? I thought we were the community

should i do it?
also why the fuck is the euro one cheaper then pounds?

>I thought we were the community
We have no voice.

brexit

You don't need the skins included in the commander pack. They're for shit ships you'll outgrow in two days.

Even at 24.99 europabux it aint worth it.

Is it good idea to setup base on a galaxy? I just keep going walkabout looking for cz missions

no,there ain't shit to do.All of the fun was learning how to do stuff and after that it was god damn repetetive misery

He's probably lying.

Never mind they're free.

How much do you like space games? And I mean... How much do you REALLY like space games? Do you enjoy the fuck out of shit like Freespace, Freelancer, Descent, etc? Or do you just like games like FTL that have a "space" theme but don't fully commit to the full space experience.

My best advice is to get just the base game and play that so you can grind up a ton of credits and mats and then buy Horizons during the Summer sale when it drops to 15 USD. The grind will take you up until the summer anyways.

He was a stream dad

I got it for specifically for sims. So far H3VR has been the most fun for it.

sithos/ceos m8

I agree with this guy desu, you lost. Get over it.

I'm afraid I'm right. ;_;

Not surprised. They're easily amazed. There's some neat stuff for VR right now, like H3VR, which are pretty fun.

The majority of VR games can be broken down into a few categories.
1. Simulators
It's pretty great for these. Unless your sim involves a bright huds on black (elite). There's some neat shit like Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Handgrenades. Which is basically /k/ the simulator. It's fuck as fuck.

2. Arcade games
Fun for a bit, rapidly lose interest after a few hours. Ideal for showing off to family and friends.

3. GAME DESIGN major art projects
Usually a walking simulator, even though they have shitty locomotion mechanics. (The H3VR guy is the only one really doing decent experiments in different types of locomotion.) These generally have a terrible sappy drama plot, but some are kinda neat. But they're all basically once time experiences.

I'm happy with my sim headset, even if it doesn't work well with Elite. Hopefully someday there will be more variety of games available for it.

(Admittedly, fdev CLAIMED they fixed some of the blurring issues with the Vive but it's fdev so I didn't believe them and never tried again)

DO IT

>fuck as fuck

pretty accurate

go away david

FUCK OFF SON

>H3VR
what makes it any special?

Shooting realistic virtual guns is fun. The dev updates frequently (nearly every week) and usually adds new content.

Have two reviews of H3VR side by side, one by some shitter at Polygon and one by some random streamer.

youtube.com/watch?v=UujtfN7hCdo

Elite with the Vive was amazing you blind autist.
Better than almost all of the other games and demos, including Valves own demo.

That has to be satire man.

When did you try it?

>(Admittedly, fdev CLAIMED they fixed some of the blurring issues with the Vive but it's fdev so I didn't believe them and never tried again)

I admit it may have improved. But I tried it release day of the Vive and it was a terrible experience. But if it actually is better now I'll give it another go later.

polygon.com/2016/4/12/11413572/guns-virtual-reality-htc-vive
The music was added but everything else is 100% straight from their review.

Everything good about Elite VR i've heard has been recent.

>They fell for the VR meme
Enjoy playing racing games, space games and unity tech demo """"games"""" because that's all you'll ever play

I'll try it again later then.

>acing games, space games
But that's why I bought it, user...

Tried it last July

Man when are the fucking aliens coming, I'm tired as hell of CZ and RES, lack the severe autism to explore and mine so that's all I'm left with

vr is the future of fapping user

>explore
So many autists have said to me E:D has the best exploration in any game they've found
Do they enjoy jumping to a place for an hour?
I dont get it
Explain it to me

why is reputation decay a thing

It's really like Space Engine but worse in every single way, space engine is also free

>space engine is also free
and fast

VISION

>Doesn't need Season Pass™ to access cut content
>Made by one dude in his basement
>Better planet generation than elite
>~500mb

Nah bro. They said they were hoping to get it out by December of last year, this means they are really close to having it out. I know this because CIG has open development and is very competent.

You honestly think Chris would lie about this?

No. Fucking. Way.

Stop with the FUD bullshit, and go back to 10bux, Derek.

>Brace for disappoint.

Jokes on you. I'm already disappointed.

Jokes on us both, I read this line as 100% insincere to begin with
>Nah bro. They said they were hoping to get it out by December of last year, this means they are really close to having it out. I know this because CIG has open development and is very competent.

This post is actually kinda funny.

Is this some kind of sarcastic reverse psychology bait?

Anyway, we all know CR has lied about dates every single time so I'm pretty sure we are still far away from a 3.0 or let alone SQ42 release.

This year will be filled with 2.6.X patches and fake news about 3.0/SQ42 development just to make an attempt at calming down the riots,

[Spoiler] If there are 2 things I really want this year, its 1. Derek dead, and 2. 3.0. [/spoiler]

How the fuck did that spoiler get fucked up?

If you just play the game it's not a problem. Why do you complain about things that don't matter?

Tbqfh. 3.0 will out this year in some form 100%. We've seen much of the core work well progressed (cit/games-conscam) - these 2.6x patches are clearly not the resources of 300 people, but the relatively small PU teams.
S42 being out this year is pure hope, considering the "most of the first 20 levels were whiteboxed" of citcon and the new insight into the groundwork of the AI being done now (ATV).

Is there a Fed version of Fehu/Quince surface scans?

Also how the fuck do I do the undermining shit for merits. I go to enemy expansion zones and interdict and kill their dudes but I don't get any merits for it

I think you are a little bit too optimistic

I'm Fed and doing Quince. It took a few donations to get enough rep, but once you start to get a few missions, you can swap from solo to open a bunch and eventually get going. I'm not making anything like the video, but it's better than some trade route.

>undermining
Are you actually in a system that is being undermined? I only did it in the systems listed in the power page and never had trouble.

Dad's right, though.

>Erectile:Dysfunctionals will never get this shit

absolutely ha[OBSCURED BY VISION]

>obscured by vision

>go to high wake
>TARGET OBSCURED
>have to deselect target system just to low wake

Why can't it say that the target is obscured and automatically start a low wake jump? What else could I possibly do? That way I don't have to deselect every time

>an hour
hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

>He doesn't know about engineers and highways

Bind another button for low wake, dumbass.

Exploring places and figuring shit out can be fun.
If all you do is honk a system and onto the next then yeah, it's boring as shit.

That looks more detailed than before, what gives?