Sup you g/o/ys

Sup you g/o/ys,

I am 22,I just got hired full time as an engineer near my parents house. I'm gonna make $66k a year, and I don't have to pay rent or utilities, my parents are cool with that. I also only have about $10k in student loans left. I'm gonna keep this job for at least two years before I move out. Bottom line, I have a good income and not a lot of financial burdens.

Anyways, I'm tired of my 98 civic, and I really want a new car. I'm learning to drive stick shift, but i don't know where to start in terms of getting a list for what car I want. I want something sporty but yet something that can be driven everyday. People keep saying wrx, evo, or ford focus rs, but I don't even know where to start. I haven't cared about cars in so long. Would buying used be ok?

I think my budget should be around $35,000(is that feasible? I don't know, please tell me)

What do y'all reccomend I do? Im okay with buying used, My commute will be about 15 miles every day. It has to be a four door, Id like at least 18 mpg, and a spoiler would be nice.

Let me know.

Other urls found in this thread:

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-toyota-soarer-z20/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

buy another honda civic

Twingo dorito swapped

Thicc

>Buying a new car
Why would you do this? Anyway, buy an MX-5 RF so I can get it for cheap in 10 years.

I don't know if I should buy used or new

While a WRX would fit the bill I'd honestly go with this. If you want my credentials I drive an old WRX and my family all drives Hondas.

Buy a Hemi V8 Charger PPV for like 12 grand and hoon the fuck out of it

35k might be a bit much.

New honda civic is great- get manual and tarbo engine. bolt-ons for 210whp.

Focus is good and can get a nice lightly used/last model year clearance ST for 21kish. Fiesta less.

Subarus are okay but insurance and shit will wreck you at 22, ask me how I know

Lots of stuff, you just have to decide what you want. Buy used to avoid depreciation, buy new because you can, all you.

how do you know

>New honda civic is great- get manual and tarbo engine. bolt-ons for 210whp.

>Focus is good and can get a nice lightly used/last model year clearance ST for 21kish. Fiesta less.

>fwd

Thank you, but I'm just looking for something to dick around in and learn about cars with. I'm ok with buying used, I just might, but I do want something nice that looks like the wrx, the sti is really tempting though.

What would you recommend buying used? Like a 2012 wrx? I'm just looking for suggestions

I didn't know that insurance would be high for Subaru's, why is that the Case? The sti looks so similar to other sedans

insurance is basically pretty simple. the higher statistical risk you pose, the higher the premiums are going to be to justify that risk. more people crash STIs than say, a solara or something so on paper its a riskier car. doesnt matter what it looks like

What kind of question is that? where's the subject? How do you expect an answer?

Because statistically, Subarus have very high crash/ticket rates among young drivers. Your insurance will be as much as the car payment, if not more.

I don't suggest late model subarus past 2005? 2006? because they started having ringland problems, piston problems, stuff like that. Majorly expensive stuff.

japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1990-toyota-soarer-z20/

Such a short commute can allow some unique choices.

R32 Skylines go for 20-25k.

The EJ255 was the one with ringland problems because it was making EJ207 horsepower on cast piston heads. The non STI WRX uses the EJ205 and was completely unaffected by Subaru of North America cucking the US market out of a decent STI.

Why not a challenger? Just curious, fellow dodgebro

It certainly would upset mustang drivers with proper tire/suspension setup

go for the c class coupe

2006 Acura RSX Type S.

435i
435i
435i
435i

pay off your student loan first

save up your money instead and keep driving your civic until it dies. Wait until cooler cars come out.

Cooler cars? Like what?

Dude's learning to drive stick, wants something to use everyday while being "sporty".

FWD and RWD will do the same thing for you if you are only going to move from point A to point B.

What is this image trying to convey

>>Your insurance will be as much as the car payment, if not more.

That really depends, but I doubt that his insurance is going to be $400-500 a month even if it is a WRX.

The new WRX's are the best they've ever been, if you enjoy driving you'll like it if you get it.

>If you want a newish car that makes you look like a well-to-do professional with an interest in sportscars:
Corvette C6
Porsche 911 (996)
Nissan R35 GT-R

>If you want something no one else has:
Elise
S60 Polestar
Viper (bonus points for 1st gen)

>If you want to unleash your inner ricer:
NSX (1st gen)
Supra (4th gen)
RX-7 (3rd gen)
Skyline R32 GT-R

This
>Front wheel drive
What did he mean by this?!

Like the Toyota sfr my man.

>fwd and rwd are the same
That's enough internet for me today.

>FWD and RWD will do the same thing for you if you are only going to move from point A to point B.

Never said they were the same.

Going from point A to point B in a motorway vehicle is the definition of driving. You have it backwards my man, the only time fwd and rwd are the same is when it's sitting still.

Both will move the car forward, unless you are trying to bring your Initial D delusions into real life, you won't care driving a FWD to work or a RWD.

>He thinks it will ever leave Japan

Last I checked you couldnt get a manual turbo from honda, the turbo engine is nasty cvt only gayness

OP, the new V6 Camry makes 270hp, which is plenty of power for a dd. It would be cheapish to buy and super easy and cheap to maintain, plus Toyota reliability and resale.

DELET

I'm calling it gets re-badged as the mr2 and sold here.

wew laddie pls

>A front engine car will be rebadged as mr2
I will literally buy one just to kill myself in the garage with it.

>just got hired full time as an engineer near my parents house.
Don't count your chickens until they're hatched. You have not made it past the one year "probationary" period yet

>I also only have about $10k in student loans left.
Pay off your debt, build a financial reserve, and depending on how the government changes medical benefits, save extra money before taking on new debt.