Can someone explain pickups to me?

Can someone explain pickups to me?
They often have lift kits making the bed much higher and poor for utility, also even lifted they are not ideal for off road.
The bed walls make adding a 5th wheel kinda stupid because of the big goose-neck that needs to go up and over
Unless you add a topper your load is exposed to theft and the elements
Bed walls don't fold down and wheel wells protrude into the bed so loading a pallet on the truck with forklift isn't feasible

When it actually comes to utility, a van seems better in every way except for the odd time that a load will not fit in the back.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Property-crime-victims
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5963101778.html
fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/6037586285.html
miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/5999116938.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ylkLAM8Khxc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vans are built lower quality compared to trucks, 4x4 vans are rare, engine compartment is easier in a truck, a bed allows you throw things in from the top such as gravel.

Because vans make you look like a pedophile. Also you cant willy nilly dump shit into a van.

half the trucks sold are sold on image basis.
work trucks are almost always white, black bumpers, steel wheels etc.

It's pretty easy to just put shit in a truck, in a van you have to enter the vehicle

Use a pick up truck for a week and you'll understand it

>They often have lift kits making the bed much higher

This shit is retarded as fuck.

>work trucks are almost always white, black bumpers, steel wheels etc.

this is wrong

I always had picks ups.
Bought a van because it was a deal i could not refuse.
Will never go back.
I had no idea.
Still have one ford 250 for towing but a van for work that holds all my tools and still carries 4x8 sheet goods and a van for play

this
so much this

That's not a truck OP.

That is a pickup. Generally geared towards passenger comfort and THEN they thought about utility.

Pic related is a truck

The elf is the same length as an F-150 but with a 10 foot bed and various payload capacities and you can have the bed anyway you want.

>bed only to be loaded from one direction
>bed interrupted by wheel wells
>bed clad in painted bodywork that'll get scratched to hell
>you have to manually shovel crap back out of the bed
>American understanding of utility

Just look at these savage backwards Europeans.

If you're white, America is generally far safer than the vast majority of Europe, so there's no real need to lock your possessions away in a van. If you drove a pickup truck in Europe your shit would get stolen by gypsies or turks in a heartbeat.

nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Crime/Property-crime-victims

>the Anglosphere

In North America pickup trucks are the cheapest, easiest way to get a red/4wd and/or v8 vehicle

*Rwd

No wonder, they actively receive preferential treatment over cars in fuel efficiency, emissions and crash safety legislation.

Actually, the van is the cheapest way to get rwd and v8.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that american pickups are poor utility vehicles, until you reach cab chassis options of the heavier vehicles, then they start making sense.

Crown vic are probably cheaper than vans of equivalent years.

americans don't need facts
i mean it's not the bill of needs is it?

Wtf are you gonna haul with that a 1/2 ton sides are too short pussy

If vans were actually better people would fucking use them. Only plumbing/electrical fags do and they have fuck all to carry.

Oh wait they all use trucks too. Vanpedos BTFO.

Just about enough for your mom.

vans typically have a lower tow rating than a similar sized truck.

also, fuck working on diesel vans its a fucking nightmare. Need to change injectors out on a ford 6.0? your pulling the motor out. actually, just need to get the valvecovers off to see what a tapping noise is? you have to take both motor mounts off and then you can BARELY get a socket on the valve cover bolts.

>pussy
yeah m8, your truck has a deeper bed so you're dead hard, right?
thanks for that insight into your brain disorder

The near side has it's bar taken off. If you look at the far side and the tail gate, that is the actual height of the bed, deeper than any pickup bed.

That vehicle is likely to be rated for 1500kg.

Holy moly do these ever look like shit lmao

Ah yes, because we all know that work tools exist to look good, not to work well.

your first problem was buying something from ford with a 6.0 in the first place

it's a literal failed abortion

So around 3,300lbs that's still very little for a dually meant for work

I find pickup trucks useful for certain shit, same goes for a cargo van. Happy owner of both since they are viable for my job.

t. blue collar worker

What I don't get is these pickup trucks with large cabins and short tail beds (pic related), like you really can't fit too many things in the back of it than you would in a truck with a short cab and long bed, (other than a quad bike or something). I think it defeats the purpose of a "pickup" truck, but then again the people who buy those are mostly brotruckers who lift them to make up for something or another.

cant dump a load of anything in the back of your van with a front loader. and have fun cleaning that shit out, it will be INSIDE your vehicle. not to mention they fucking suck to work on with the engine bay too small. 50lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

pickups suck for hauling loose shit, dirt,and gravel too not having a tilt bed like youll still have to jump in there and scoop it out with a shovel or some shit

The reasons for a dually is keeping payload low. With SRW and a bed with no wheel intrusion it would be above your waist.

The floor of that bed is not higher than your mid thigh.

biggest problem with a van is long stuff. with a truck you can just throw long material in the box without having to fuck with awkwardly tie up the back doors so they don't flap around like vans Trucks are also superior for transporting aggregates, sand or soil and you can just hose that bitch out to clean up. truck are easier to park as well. Come to think of it, vans are only good for one thing; transporting goods in inclimate weather and looking like a poorfag.

>Comparing commercial vehicles that follow different safety standards and regulations to normal vehicles available to the public that follow completely different standards

If you want to compare payload to payload. This little canter is rated at 4,400lbs payload. I have seen them carry 6,600+ no problem.

>follow different safety standards and regulations
hmm, is that you in this picture?

Iveco Daily with single cab and the same bed layout with that storeage too. We loaded chopped wood from the bottom right to the top of the roof, it had these high walls on all sides. Great machine.

The limit is set by license restrictions that limit GVWR to 3500kg.

What do you think this thread is about?

150hp moving 12k lbs doesn't fucking work in North America. These things are almost dangerously slow to drive in modern traffic. They crawl up hills on the highway at 80kmh which is dangerous when 60k lb semi's have to keep constantly passing you. In the city you have to wait for a fucking hour to yield because they have fuck all for power.

Sure they may work in flat ass Europe with 60hp cars but it's a little different here where the average car is 300hp and pickup trucks are over 400hp.

t. have to use a 160hp Shitsubishi truck for work.

git gud

>The limit is set by license restrictions that limit GVWR to 3500kg.

While that is true, that is besides the point. It would be sensible to compare vehicles pound for pound. Which is where larger vehicles like the NPR show face when comparing to f-350s and 440s and so on.

What most anons on Veeky Forums don't know or realize is that vans and cabovers are extremely popular with actual work vehicles and not pickups. Because even f250s are looked at by large companies as people and tool carriers rather than machine and material carriers

Naw. It's called using the right tool for the job.

They sell NPRs with the 6.0l 300hp v8

>Payload of a whopping 2800 lbs

It's a lot of vehicle for nothing.

Still gutless as fuck compared to a real truck.

>not one pickup in sight
>Though there is a van

The Bobcat alone is almost 9000lbs which exceeds the capacity of every euro truck or van in this thread so far.

>Sometimes they are red

>150hp moving 12k lbs doesn't fucking work in North America

LOL, thats why the NPR is the number one regional commercial transport vehicle in the US right?

The funny thing is that probably pushes a whole 280hp.

THIS is a truk

Pallets fit. I used to load 2000lb stacks on pick up trucks. If the customer wanted the load pushed up we put some boards underneath and put the pallet on as far as it'll go then back the forks out, tilt it and push until its far enough

is this a burgerfat vs yuropoor thread?

Actually, you could put the bobcat directly on the back of
No trailer required.

>work in construction
>pickup is literally the 'put garbage here' vehicle
>occasionally have to pick shit up, just toss that shit in the back and im good to go
>see random shit people are throwing out, toss that shit in truck and sell

Will never be drowning in that underage pussay like a van tho, so I guess van wins.

Every thread now days is.

Euro's just can't comprehend how we do things here. Just the fact that they think 5000lbs is a "commercial tier load" is pretty hilarious...and sad.

They've been brainwashed into thinking what they've got is good enough and are okay with compromising instead of using the right tool for the job.

I drive a Ford Ranger and love it.

Debate me.

It's not besides the point, It IS the point.
If a 2300kg Transit has a 1200kg payload limit, a 3000kg F350 will have a 500kg limit under the same system.
You can't say you don't like the system when you're using the Transit's 1200kg limit under that same system to argue against the vehicle.

How am I supposed to tow my toy hauler with that? Please regale us.

Also what's the point when it gets the same mpg's as a normal truck?

>american calling anyone else in the world brainwashed

How is it to drive a car with an anemic engine

> I have a small penis
> I must convince everyone that I don't
> I'll buy a pickup truck, because I'm a MAN and I do WORK.
> Even though I work in an office
> People aren't convinced. I'll lift it.
> WHY IS EVERYONE LAUGHING AT ME

Well, yes. Somebody will indeed spend ten minutes on the shovel. Usually as someone else drives the ute from spot to spot and unload dirt.

You haven't worn a blue collar before, have you?

>implying they don't laugh at you while you scrape your riced shitbox into the garage.

Yeah. Americans are doubling down on the damage control, defending their backwards ways while we laugh at them.

>meanwhile his highway trucks top out at 36 metric tons
Also Mammoet is a European company. You're so bad at hauling that you have Europeans telling you how to do it.

Pretty much everything in your post is wrong
>lift kit is poor for utility and offroad
While its sub optimal, having to lift things an extra couple of inches to load them isnt a big deal, especially when you are using a front end loader or forklift anyway. A decent lift will give you more ground clearance and allow you to clear larger tires, a huge advantage off road. All of this is irrelevant because lifts aren't factory equipment and you can just as easily put them on vans.

>can't use a gooseneck hitch
Nigga u wot? A lot of 3/4 and full ton trucks have goosenecks for towing cattle trailers.

>load is exposed
Put a tarp over it, I will give it to the van here though. Most "pickup truck loads" are large and unwieldy making them tough to steal or they are things like loose mulch and gravel which is also not going to be stolen. If you find yourself carrying tools then get a lockable toolbox installed in the bed or keep them in the cab (thats why I have an extended cab, so I've got space to put shit I don't want to put in the bed like guns, tools, my cats etc)

>can't load skids from a forklift
Patently false, I've seen it done

The biggest reason I went truck over van is nobody maked a 4wd van, you can get Quigley conversions, but those are rare and expensive.
You CAN put a gooseneck on a pickup but not a van, you can't load a van with a front end loader, and you're not going to want to haul messy stuff (wood, mulch, gravel, etc) in your van

You don't own a toy hauler and they're stupid horse shit for people with more money than brains anyway. Any redneck will cobble together a better hauling rig from an old fifth wheel flatbed, an old fifth wheel camper and an actual toy.

You can't compare pickups to commercial trucks you mongoloid, you can get a truck with a dump bed but you'll pay way more for it.

>hp
>what is torque
>what is using a diesel instead of your bullshit gasoline V8s

>implying semis don't crawl up hills as well
>implying there's any point to 300 hp cars in a country where most states have a speed limit between 60 and 70 mph

Easy to steal too

Cars are for teenagers and women and vans are for pedophiles.

They design the transits around those load limits.

They don't design the f-350s around those load limits.

I much prefer Jap and euro trucks over amerijunk but you are retarded

Doesn't happen.

Vans are good if you have to chuck someone in like a side of beef.

>same mpgs as a normal truck

This is what kills mid sized trucks IMO. You trade a lot of power and capacity for maybe 5 mpg

I've never heard of anybody having something stolen from their truck bed except their tailgate

You get 300ft/lbs from a 3l diesel. Whooptey fucking doo. That's still getting you nowhere at 12k lbs.

Pretty much every 3/4 ton and up is diesel here. That's a real diesel putting out 900ft/lbs which is more than every euro truck in this thread.

What's the point of unlimited speeds when people can only afford 60hp shitboxes? Implying people here don't cruise at 100mph down the highway... Yeah it's nice not having CCTV cameras everywhere.

CCTV cameras don't measure speed. And speed cameras only shoot a photo of you, they don't shoot you in the chest.

You're using two different measurement methods to come to your conclusions and calling others retarded?
You have no idea what the Transit's load rating would be under the US system, you're just making baseless assumptions.

100% agreed. truckfags will never understand (mostly because they don't need a fucking truck in the first place and don't use it for what its intended for) just how superior cargo vans are. the irony is that most entry level trucks are literally built on the same platform as their van counterparts. just look at the f150 and transit 250

Most vans don't have 4x4 and have less ground clearance than a truck. Good luck getting a rwd van through this shit.

>load shit in van
or
>throw shit in bed

I choose the later.

miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5963101778.html

OR

fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/6037586285.html

I know both are horrid in gas and gutless but I can't find a standard cab v8. Also the 3.7 is just the 4.7 with 2 pistons chopped off which is a solid engine and got a little more "umpf" than the 3.9 but the 3.9 is just the 6 cyl version of the 318 which is a pretty kick ass engine in terms of reliability as well

Ooorr

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ctd/5999116938.html

I've always kind of liked these chevy colorados but don't know chevy faults like i do dodges.

>implying that chevy isnt stuck

if it was a ford i might have believed you

>nobody maked a 4wd van
Ford sell a 4wd spec Transit.
Opinion discarded otherwise due to illiteracy.

You wouldn't drive a goddamn snowmobile through that shit. If you wanted anything hauled through that, you'd lay a road.

Otherwise, we have pic related and it's ilk if you need to go through crap like that. Or, rather, over it.

You don't have time to lay a road. You lay the pipe and get out of there. This is in the middle of nowhere. That's the way she's done.

That thing looks like a piece of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylkLAM8Khxc

And yet you have time to crawl MUH TRUCK through feet of mud the trucks churned up getting the pipe there?

You'd spend less time putting a temporary road down than crawling through the mud, and save money on fuel as well.

Flatbed with removable fence master race reporting in. Styleside fags please go and take your slow ugly brodozers with you.

>You'd spend less time putting a temporary road down than crawling through the mud, and save money on fuel as well.

That's not an option when you have 1000's of km's of pipe to lay.

Only time you have to worry about getting shot in Europe is when you make fun of the prophet mohhamad.
Meanwhile my city had a best Muhammad comic challenge and a fucking traffic cop stopped the guys who tried to shoot it up.

>ahua, well, AKSHUALLY it's not a truck!!!

I am not from Hawaii so I don't understand your language

here you go

Found someone whose only civil experience is The Avengers.

>it's all the same if you're using a fok lift
really nigger? Ive never ever EVER seen a pallet of shit in a pickup truck. kys