Car lift in standard home garage is real, Veeky Forums? Let talk about garages, tools and other stuff

Car lift in standard home garage is real, Veeky Forums? Let talk about garages, tools and other stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M81wfr37Pd4
youtu.be/_rpwqwkMnMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw apartment dweller

Buy a cheap small house if possible. Renting is throwing your money at someone. At least in a mortgage most of it is going into you owning the house. Plus you can fix it up on the weekends for fun weekend projects and you can get your own garage.

The only time I'd say it's worth it to live in an Apartment is college/short term living.

iktf.
>Having to go up and down the stairs because you forgot a tool in the living room.
>wind blows fluids everywhere but the drip pan.
>postponing repairs until a sunny day
>night falls and the job still isn't finished.
>random cat won't leave me alone.

>random cat won't leave me alone
iktf as well

Having a large shop is the way to go.

Post kitties

>car lift in standard home garage
If you don't have ceiling insulation or low ceiling beams for two post lifts.
There are those sleek floor lifts that are portable but won't hold pig fat cars or trucks and will fit anywhere

How big are your garages ? I only work part time because of school (not underageb& don't worry) and live in an apartment, as for tools I don't have jack stands, instead I have jack shit but I want to start wrenching with my first car, a garage halfway near me would cost 80€ a month, pretty roomy at 3x7 meters but no power, light or water, should I look into that and maybe buy a generator or something for light ?

youtube.com/watch?v=M81wfr37Pd4

youtu.be/_rpwqwkMnMI

My garage is as big as my parking spot. As for the generator, it's an idiotic idea. Get Jack stands (2, 4 if you can), a set of sockets and ratchets, breaker bar(cheaper than buying an expensive ratchet), Allen wrenches, torque wrench, a multimeter, a torch, a head torch, magnet and mirror on a stick, hose pliers, and save some money for the one off tools you will likely end up buying. It's best if you identify your equivalent of Americans harbor freight for those. Make lists of what you will need before you start. Also, start saving up rags, you can never have too many rags.

>rags

>trusting some chinese made jackstands

I'll stick to cribbing blocks thanks

I'm on a budget and these would be for a second set. Still stick the spare tyre under the car before getting in.

Where I live it's impossible to buy a house. Too expensive, even a rat's nest is costs a quarter million dollars.

Most middle class people who desires more "space" just rents/buys an apartment and then buys a country poverty ~1hr away from the city.

Yes.

>those tools
>ever getting used.

can make a set of these for the same if not less than jackstands and they'll hold 500% more weight

I'm a wimpy apartment dweller. I can bring 4 jack stands down to the parking lot in one trip, those look like they would be much more of a chore. I will make some at a later point, thanks for letting me know these things exist.

There's a car lift in my dad's garage, so I just do all my wrenching there. He doesn't like working on cars, but since I do he had one installed there.

>Two Italians, a Brit and a fucking Chysler

Used more than you'll ever know.

My 2 post has been sitting in the corner of my barn for nearly a year now. Really need to get around to installing it. Insulation and heat come first though.

finna upload

i have a shitty garage and I can't sleep so I hope you guys don't mind if I upload pics I saved of garages. These are mostly from Rennlist's "Picture of your Garage" thread hence all the Porsches

this one might be my favorite. (hint: its much bigger)

if you're interested in this one check out Garage Quinn Motors on Youtube.