Post the shittiest freeways you have to drive or are in your area, Veeky Forums

Post the shittiest freeways you have to drive or are in your area, Veeky Forums

>17
>fun, because of the twisties
>shitty because of all the hippies and Libs I have to share it with.

The 5 and 405 are nightmares in LA, some of the worst stretches of freeway in the country.

Every road in LA is shit, from freeways to touges. It could be 2am and you can still get stuck behind a prius on Mulholland.

Fucking 99 near the Modesto area. People don't seem to know what the fuck they're doing
>people drift out of lanes
>no one signals
>accidents everyday that cause both directions to stop because "lol let's all slow down and look at the car on the side of the road"
>people drive slow in the left lane all the time
>eveything is slow going southbound until you cross a bridge that leads into stanislaus county for some fucking reason
>people speed in left lane just to cut across everyone to take an exit at the last second
>complete standstill traffic in late afternoon for no discernable reason
All this just to deal with the traffic of Modesto itself

There's also the 120 bypass
>two lanes in both directions so slow left lane hogs kill all the fun
>going west is normally okay except for the early morning when everyone is going to bay area because it leads to I5
>going east is literal hell
>ends with an interchange to 99 that causes all the problems
>usually standstill traffic in late morning and late afternoons
>people will speed past you just to slow down all the time
>no one signals
>majority of people will stay in left lane, then brake hard to get into traffic of right lane because they want to go onto 99 south
>others will wait until the last possible second, sometimes riding the in shoulder until people let them in
>sometimes multiple accidents a day
Someone once told that this fucking 5 mile stretch of freeway is one of the worst and most dangerous in the state.

Fucking San Joaquin a shit, the nearest touge is up to an hour away

The M4 is the fucking worst going past Slough. All the immigrants suddenly change lanes when you get near it going out of London, and going towards London you have all the shitheads in hybrids doing 50 in the middle lane and fucking up traffic flow all the way down.
Then when you get further out, it's Fatal Accident Friday because nobody fucking looks before they move the wheel.

The M3 has awful weather. Lots of rain, high winds. Added to that is the slippery concrete surface that doesn't get rid of water, and Hampshire drivers, and you've got a recipe for disaster. Then it's a US-style motorway with only two lanes, so you're often backed up for 30 miles or more because a truck is trying to pass a moron.

The M25 is the world's largest car park at rush hour, and has speed cameras that move to foil people using their satnav to avoid them.

The M1 has roadworks, and has had them for as long as I can remember. 50MPG average speed check all the way.

Right nearby is the A329M, which recently had the road markings changed to stop people changing lanes randomly right next to junctions, but it confused the simple-minded locals and so they hit each other all the time now.

Then you have the M27 west, which just sort of stops being a motorway and dumps you into traffic lights. Get further out that way, and you start to see worrying things, like signs forbidding tracked vehicles from the premises, or track marks in the road surface.

The M6 gets a bad reputation because of traffic, but that's mostly just peak time commutards hitting each other, and the waves of trucks from the ports along it. Also because it's basically the spinal north/south route, so all the trucks use it and a major closure blocks it up all the fucking way up and down.

Have you considered not living in LA?

aah yes come further north into sacramento where 99 is still pretty fucking awful but it crams through traffic from a 6 lane highway to only 2 lanes onto i5

The only good thing about the 17 is when I get passed by people going uphill in my dd Prius, then pass them on the way down.

M6 toll, yay or nay?

>what do you mean I have to let people merge?
>what is a signal
>I thought the speed limit was just how fast you can go
>driving 50 mph in the HOV lane

>Modesto
>no idea what fuck they're doing
that's because everyone up there is on meth

Nay, nay, and thrice nay. I refuse to use it on principle. Why SHOULD I pay to use it, when there's a perfectly good road alongside it?
Not even the big trucking companies use it.

It's just containment for pricks in german cars.

Just tackled the twisties today, it was pretty rad. Only wish I had a better car to do it in.

I think i-95 in hollywood-miami is up there among the worst, you have a perfect mix of:

old people driving slow in all lanes

illegal mexicunts who dont have insurance and cant drive

and

rich cunts who drive like they own the road

All i trust to drive properly are semi trucks, but ive seen some retarded semi drivers here too

almost forgot the fucking niggers who just fuking shove their car anywhere they please, holy fuck the black women, they piss me off the most, on their fucking phones without even looking when they cut into your lane.

SoCal fag here. I really hate the 91. Got used to the 405 so it's not so bad anymore. Traffic will always suck.

Are you on that fb group?

Also watch out for that fucking moody curve. The water hasn't stopped spilling out onto the freeway. It's like the storms unearthed some new spring and it's fucking everyone. Did you see the ranger flip today?

Thats a beautiful highway but holy shit the drivers are crazy there.

>NY
>none because the state police are dicks and patrol by helicopter

i always feel like my car is going to fall apart on the 91 because of how shitty it is

Every freeway in Vegas.

Coronafag here

91W in the morning and 91E in the afternoon
Gotta find a good wagecuck job I can do from home

If you don't live in the hills then gtfo my roads cunt. I'm sick of it taking me 30 mins to get to get home just some poorfags can shave a few minutes off their commutes using single lane roads a thoroughfare.

Even if the staties weren't around you'd fucking flip the first time you hit one of the goddamn potholes.

Fuck you, Jew York. Fix your fucking roads. You know how I always know I've crossed the PA border even in bumfuck nowhere at night? THEIR ROADS DON'T FUCKING SUCK HORSE COCK.

houston

it's a toss up between 290 and 45.

290 is just perma construction, and 45 is just awful

don't forget the 101 and 170 and 210 for this area as well...

also is there an Veeky Forums SoCal kik group or something? would be nice having a few buddies to drive with

>tfw used to own motorcycle
>tfw LA county is poopoo to own one in so sold it

my kik is [spoiler]joeyj818k[/spoiler]

not sure if spoilers are on this board now that i think about it hmm

I didn't but I do slow down for that section, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who notices it's wet night and day.

But they do have 50cent taco trucks.

It's funny, it's like all the lib bastions don't give a flying fuck about their roads. Perfect example: the 5, going from LA County into Orange County. Mad potholes on the LA side, nicely oiled, smooth roads in the OC.