/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oDIB4sSpeP4
youtube.com/watch?v=muqYPFCJhM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck, knew I forgot something:

Last one:

stop namefagging you faggot

You are most welcome to make the threads yourself my dude.

Rock the boat!

Why don't we have thread editions anymore?

Ask the namefag.

GERMANS!

Depends who makes the OP. Other people are still fond of it, I'm not a fan because the first I remember edition-posting was seeing the Crapawa Shitjo threads on page 1.

>mfw im to intellegent to do diplomacy

What are you talking about?
The Tsarina spreads her legs and engages in "diplomacy" with Chaos all the time.

Concentrate all firepower on that Vampire general!

AAARRGH PUNY MORTALS GRAAAAH

*steps behind 5 units of skeletons*
*casts Raise Dead*
*regenerates hp*

Tomb Kings are the undead of peace.

>tips sallet

Greatest people on the planet.

If its one thing TK hate more than unconquered nations, its Vampires as former Nagash servants

tfw no necron gf

Why are there no unit commanders in Warhammer? Shouldn't each empire infantry unit come with some kind of captain and musician?

>Fast (for a dwarf)

Yes.
Because CA is lazy.

Why though? Haven't they been in every other total war game?

Sergeants, Bosses, Aspiring Champs, etc

Musicians are a thing but no purchasable equipment yet for units in the game yet.

In Warhammer, anyone else have a hard time balancing expansion speed? It's a slippery slope between expanding too fast and having giant borders to defend against two dozen rivald, and not expanding fast enough and then being the small fish in the pond.

> people still unironically playing warhammer

Med 2 is 10x the game

No.

I didn't even have to.
Apparently the stunties took care of him.
Guess that means Khazrak was the real Everchosen all along.

Rome and Med 2 had the commander that stood off the side of the front rank of units. Empire and Napoleon had them in the centre with a standard bearer on one side and a drummer on the other. I think Shogun 2 had some kind of samurai leader in the middle of the front row too with Rome 2 also doing something similar. I haven't played Atilla but it's definitely something that has been present in most of the games.

What's better, Cataph's Magic or the magic overhaul that comes with Steel Faith?

>Not capitalizing on the only campaign where the chaos invasion helps you and you get chaos bros to hang out with

Its fun as fuck

I was capitalizing on it. Archaon and I squish the empire from both flanks. He raised the north, I burned down Athel Loren and took the south.

We literally tore the Empire and the Vampire Counts apart together, but Mannfred struck a deathblow against Archaon and lead a counter-assault on Sigfried and Bearfucker. Birdman was the last chaos army left, and he went north to tear down the Varg. Admittedly he did a good job, the Varg have like, 2 areas now and the Skaeling took the rest, and since Skaeling are neutral to me, that's a win in my book. After that he decied to go die in the Northern World's Edge Mountains, though.

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Given that they're a pretty big thing in the tabletop game itself and feature heavily in the in game art and background text, I doubt CA forgot, they probably cut them and might be a DLC. We've already got the magic banner mechanics and they posted some models at one point, pic related.
It'd be odd to have them permanently left out since they've been in all the previous TW games too.

Gotta go deeper chaos bro

I really hope they do. Units marching with a big ass flag fluttering in the wind make me rock hard.

>playing Chaos campaign
>Beastmen declare war on me

REMOVE UNCLOVEN

If they don't put the fucking DLC on sale during the dumb event violence will occur

never change, /v/

REMOVE UNCLOVEN

kek

How will they make Bretonnia fun to play?
Sure they got the WE and mousillon nearby and some random beastmen popping up from time to time.
But after that?

remove gobbo
remove stunties

THE THRONG IS MUSTARD

THE THONG IS MUSTERED

WE ARE SIGMARS ASS

>tfw you destroy all the non-norsca factions of man

Feels good. 'Course the Dwarves are going to be a fucking bitch. I'm assuming they control ALL of the fucking badlands.

Questing Paths
Crusader Waaghs
Raise Peasants
Book of Crusades

>tiny insignificant states who you probably finish of by turn 10
>all empire provinces between you and VC, Greenskins/dwarfs and chaos

Kislev when? They were so much fun to play in Call of Warhammer.

Dukedom offices
The Lake of the Lady of the Lake
Lady Corruption
Hidden Prayer stance

OFFICIAL 2017 TOTAL WAR ones ive actually played edition SOUNDTRACK POWER RANKINGS

1) SHOGUN 2
2) ATTILA
3) FOTS
4) MEDIEVAL 2
5) ROME 1
6) NAPOLEON
7) EMPIRE
8) WARHAMMER*

*No seriously how do you compose such a fucking dull, muted and boring soundtrack for a fantasy game. Beddows Napoleon and Attila scores were more fantastical than Warhammer. Shit Attila's OST was absolutely inspired, it gave me high hopes for Warhammer.

Napoopan should be second.

>Lady Corruption

Unpopular opinion time. I actually think the soundtrack for Warhammer is decent, when not compared to other games. Sure the flutes are overused but hearing the menu theme while looking at all the hero portraits in the menu or whatever gives me slight chills

Napoleon should be above Rome 1. But pretty much agree. Shogun 2 and FoTS have a seriously sick nasty soundtrack.

I'm pretty sure CA peaked with the Shogun 2 series.

youtube.com/watch?v=oDIB4sSpeP4

Should be Cuckuption.

Got to get at least fifteen races done first.

>Medieval II
>Behind Attila and FotS

confirmed for no taste

>tfw ywn wait for your warrior greatsword waifu to come home from a long campaign so you can rest your head on her abs.
it hurts

Medieval 2 is garbage

It's too high on his list.

>on her abs.
but -4 str

She's malnourished, as indicated by her tribe resorting to female soldiery.

anyone completed WH on Very Hard? i'm shit at the game and i can't do it. post your cheevo

Nah, I think standard bearers and musicians are a bit too integrated to the game to be DLC - it got to be a patch new feature or FLC

Nigger are you serious

Well... he's not wrong.

AE WHEN
MKTW WHEN

Half the games I play are "trash" by my standards, yet I still play them

>only trve vnderstanders of strategy will know this feel

y-yes. to be fair less than 2% of players have managed it.

>high heel plate boots
A B S O L U T E L Y D I S G U S T I N G

When did you grow out of Total War and started playing superior grand strategy games?

Me? I was about 13

>-4 str

Why do you want this?

Heels were originally developed for military uniforms for cavalry.

DO NOT STEAL

Alright, where's her horse then, cunt?

I absolutely agree, but it's in like 90% of femal armour sets.

Fantasy is one thing but breaking the laws of physics is a bit too far.

In the stables where they keep your mum

Jokes on you, I'm playing beastmen. That's not even an insult, you uncloven fuccboi.

The last good GS was Victoria 2, which is like 7 years old now. Crusader Kings 2 is just medieval dress up and you and the rest of /gsg/ know it.

Imagine how much stronger she would be if she was a man.

A game being good doesn't make every other GS game automatically awful you know

>he doesn't play Hearts of Hitler

plen

>Vicky2 was seven years ago
CHRONOS LEAVE

Victoria 2 is the most patrician of GS games.
HoI2 was great, HoI3 was mediocre except for the good map and oob 'tism, if that was your thing.
If you're talking about HoI4 then go away Johan, your game is pure trash. Go and make a couple more sprite DLCs.

>If you're talking about HoI4

Are you retarded?

Hell nah why would I ever

You DO realize that Johan helped design Victoria 2 right?
>inb4 'wtf I hate liquor factory simulator 2 now'

I'm just missing Dwarves and Greenskins so far

Dwarfs are easy mode with Grombrindal.
Unfortunately, you gotta deal with Grimgor or Azhag if you want the Greenskin achievement. Otherwise, I would suggest playing as SKARSNIK.

OH, Skarsnik is easier? Thank you user, I'll try.

Yeah I know. His game remains pure trash but his earlier games were decent. Just meant to communicate my sentiment, rather than a factual criticism. Which I could go into but I won't.

youtube.com/watch?v=muqYPFCJhM0
Johan is a very unique snowflake though.

No I don't play it either.
I guess HoI4 does serve as a litmus test for retards.

It's really not that hard. I did my first and only campaign so far on very hard. Probably could have done legendary but i wanted to take screenies from battles.

rate my taste or post yours

no beastmen cause not interested in buying them

Weirdly enough, I think I enjoyed the beastmen campaign the most.

I wouldn't have bet a single cent on it, but using minotaurs and Gorebulls was tons of fun.

Cygores are bae.
Try to harass them? Lol okay they're going to turn around and beat the shit out of you.
Ignore them? lol okay, they're going to chuck rocks at you forever.

>Random redhorn army shows up
>form a non-aggression pack with them
>they start wrecking Karak Azul's shits left and right
Was that the right thing to do? Also should I just occupy the ruins?