Anyone here /Lyft/?

I just started a week ago, currently in between jobs.

Drove for 6 days, put on 1,300 miles, got paid just under $1,000, spent $150 on gas, got the 250 bonus with 130 rides so far.

I drive for around 12-14 hours, start at noonish, end at like 4am. Time flies.

I make about thrice as much as if I was just on unemployment. Had no issues so far. Picked up a lot of cute chicks, and even a local news reporter. A few drunks who tipped well, and a lot of airport rides.

Any tips on increasing my rating? Currently at 4.7 which I thought was great, but apparently 4.6 can get me suspended from driving. Seems very strict when half a point is enough to disqualify you.

>going to Veeky Forums
Being above 2.0 is a miracle on it's own.

Don't worry about rating, basically nothing you can do about it. Keep your car clean and basically empty is the main thing to prevent bad ratings.

What state are you from?

Car is 2016, clean, and washed weekly. I have water, napkins, Black Ice, and good music.

I take corners slowly, avoid potholes/manhole covers, slow the fuck down for speed bumps, and dont talk to the client unless they initiate a conversation.

I do have issues navigating downtown cause GPS looses signal all the damn time, and sometimes I'm a bit to far down the street for pickup cause the address doesnt quite match their location. I apologize accordingly.

I've given Lyft drivers myself 4 stars cause they stopped on all yellows before, I had no idea of the impact.

Chicago, IL.

What kind of car do you drive?

I am going to run the numbers and see how the wear/maintenance compares with your income.

>Chicago

neat. Im in Connecticut and I've been thinking about doing this I'm currently funemployed. Unfortunetly I can't find anything on the internet for car requirements here.

I know my '08 Civic would be fine for Uber tho, although I'm not trying to get into Uber

I'm only doing this full time until I start my new job on the 20th, and then maybe keep it up on the weekends.

Before this I was driving 80 miles to work everyday, so this isnt that much more wear.

Its a Hyundai with an extended warranty.

I think it needs to be a 4 door, 2001 or newer, and no body damage.
Just apply online and it will either accept your car, or reject your car. You can also rent through Lyft and drive a rental for free if you do 70 rides per week.

Should be good if 4 door

>be me
>go look at mr2 turbo
>"its a collectable/one of a kind"
>see lyft sticker in corner of windshield
>turn and walk away

What? He can't even use a car that old. Probably just supports Lyft or something

>lyft shills on Veeky Forums
come on lads, you believe this faggot?

2005 or newer
>not 4 door though
so you're still on the right track

Op fagot here.

I ain't shilling. Reddit is cancer. Just wants to discuss Lyft.

$1000 a week is decent but that is A LOT of miles on your car.

I drive uber in the weekends. Fun job, if you play the game right you'll get only surge trips. Beats working on fast food

Meh. Fucking nig nogs take me to the ghetto every fucking day, so I waste time, and mileage driving out like 3x a day. I don't wanna stay there.

You're not nearly as well off as you think you are just by looking at gas mileage. You have to think about wear and tear and other maintenance costs of your vehicle.

In business, we have something called a standard mileage rate. It's the amount of money each mile of driving can count as a business expense for bookkeeping and taxes, and it's set by the IRS. For 2017, it's 53.5 cents per mile.

This mean that if you drove 1300 miles so far for business purposes, you spent $695.50 between gas and wear and tear for the operation of your vehicle. I hope you've been keeping track of your miles, because you'd pay taxes on that amount if you can't prove you've been driving it for business.

So, if your total income was $1250, what you really made in profit in that time was $554.50

I'm only doing for about three weeks until I start my new 65k job. Before this I was unemployed for 6 months, and exhausted my benefits. This is definitely a lot more money. Sure, there is wear and tear, but again, only doing this for 3 weeks.

congrats on working around 78 hours in a single week and only getting paid about 12.80 with no overtime

hope the 1000+ miles on your multi thousand dollar car was worth it

you are a literal slave

The main problem i have with these ride share companies is you are considered an independent contractor. All these people are making money that they think is great but after gas depreciation and taxes you barley have anything left. I thought about doing it but i smoke in my car so it would be a no go.
Rates are pretty ridiculously low and the companies can lower them at any time.
The real money is made by the people who own uber and lyft.

Lol. I sit in my car for 14 hours, drive around 10, listen to my huge music collection, and shitpost on Veeky Forums in-between fares.

This is the best job ever. I am going to regret going back to a desk job.

Made like $287 so far. Made 3 rounds picking up slutty chicks from the club, then the 2am bars closing, and then hit up the 4am bars. Now im in the airport queue waiting on a ride.

There is gonna be an 8am rush for the St patty parade, if I'm still awake, I'll do that

FUCK YOU LYFT YOU RETARDED POS

>Spent 35 minutes in airport queue.
>Next in line
>Offers me a fucking 15 minutes away pickup that's not the airport
>Decline
>TAKES ME OUT OF FUCKING AIRPORT QUEUE!!!!

What the fuck? What was the fucking point of me physically entering the goddamn airport queue lot to get offered some shitty ride not from the airport? Fuck you

And the absolute worst part is while I sat there fuming, I got a pickup 7 minutes away, I accepted it since apparently I have no choice, and as I was 3 minutes away they canceled it kicking me out of queue again.

Niggers