Do you use your turn signal/indicators while changing lanes? Come on be honest

Do you use your turn signal/indicators while changing lanes? Come on be honest.

yes, anyone who doesn't is retarded and shouldn't be on the road.

No.

why bother? No one else uses them anyways.

Of course, i am not a retarded fuck.

Always

Found the BMW driver

Always. It's an automatic reflex to do so, and it helps make sure people know I want to change lanes and make room for me.
Especially on motorways, when getting somewhere is a cooperative effort and fucking up traffic flow delays everybody.

I Always double check

tfw own a BMW and am overly courteous to people

I use my turn signals for fucking everything including turning into/out of parking spots and my own driveway.

Yes, every time. Even when there aren't any other cars. The ticket I get the ONE time I don't signal is going to cost much much more than the increased wear on the bulb filament and turn signal switch ever will.

New York state law requires signaling minimum 500 feet before executing a turn, many states have similar laws, signaling in advance avoids risk.

I even put on turn signals in a parking lot because some people are morons who won't get why you stop at a non-signed intersection in a parking lot.

Of course, I often don't let people pass me unless they use their signals

This is me

Parents beat it into my head to just flip my signal any time I'm deviating from traveling in a straight line

kys if you dont
thats only if the oncoming truck doesnt kill you first

i drive around ~1000 kilometers every week.
i check my blind spot every single time, and i use signals every single time.
people who dont usually really piss me off, and from personal experience i can say its mostly
>women
or
>people who drive like absolute shit
you could argue that women are already included in the "people who drive like shit" pool, of course.

Well yes always because, being careless isn't worth some guy who actually isn't paying attention to ram into the back or side of you. And my car is late 2016 new.

Sensible. I've also taken to honking people if they don't indicate.

I do when it's needed. If the road is empty or there's dudes like 1000+ feet away or when making a turn in a turn only lane then fuck it. But if there's traffic near me or I'm stopped in a center lane to turn into a parking lot or whatever then yes.

Only when I need to cause I'm missing all the fingers on my left hand

>buying new

same here
at this point it's more effort to consciously not signal

Only if there is actually somebody behind me

Also if I come to a stop sign and no other cars are there, I roll through it

I use my signals but do you shoulder check? I never shoulder check and at least three times I caused collisions. I just check my rear view mirror and see a the pileup occuring because he cuck behind me tried to cut me off and ended up swerving and I drive off like nothing happened.

Yeah, I usually shoulder check, despite having blindspot mirrors. It's a habit.

yes, absolutely, no exceptions. and, what do you know, never been in a crash in my life.

what about road rage, you arent worried about some hot head idiot following you

I'm not sure what I hate more: people who don't use their signals, or people who just flick them on really quick and barge their way into a lane without even yielding to that lane's traffic. Neither of those maneuvers is technically legal, last I checked.

Literally everywhere that it matters.

Sometimes in parking lots. Sometimes..

You're supposed to signal for X amount of feet/seconds before changing lanes so it isn't legal.

I am rather annoyed by last minute signalers, you know the kinds that just merge over and then flicks on the indicators at a late time.

Yep, even when I'm the only one on the road for miles ahead and behind. It keeps me in the habit so I don't force someone off the road one day and go "Gee, did I signal?"

No, because this isn't america and people aren't armed. What're they going to do? Follow me home, wait until I get out the car, and... What? Say angry words and make me cry?
Also, people aren't constantly pumped full of HFCS and caffeine and uppers and downers, so they're not constantly on the verge of a heart attack just so the doctor can sell them heart pills.

Yes, everytime.

What if it was a "perfect storm" type day and you're the breaking point for a man's sanity?

You get out of the car and be like "got a problem?" and that man just goes full Frankenstein and beats the living shit out of you in your driveway? Guns aren't the only thing that can make a person dangerous.

I turn on my hazards to let people know I could be going into the right or the left lane.

I use my turn signal when i turn sharply

its muscle memory

me too familia I always use signals and don't drive like an entitled prick

only when traffic is within distance of being affected

I've had a couple of OHSHIT moments where I've had to instantly swerve out of my lane and back to avoid crashing into anyone in either lane. Still used my turn signal every time.

The only time I don't use it is if I'm in stop and go traffic, because some people are assholes who will speed up if they see you're trying to merge into their lane

I generally rely on being able to smack down anyone who tries that

Otherwise, after determining that the guy's following me, I'd lead his ass to a police station before putting him down on it if he starts anything.

Yes
And in car parks
and off roundabouts because its law in my country also

Of course, why wouldn't you?

>there are people itt that willingly justify bad driving habits

You disgust me.

I live in upstate NY. I've never seen people NOT use their turn signals. People around here signal to turn into driveways, out of driveways, they signal to turn into parking spaces, fuck I've seen motorcyclists use their turn signals and use a hand signal.

Then I went to Florida. You skin cancer laden fucks need to learn what a god damn signal light is. I wish I had taken my beater to FL, I really do. I would have plowed right into you citrus loving dixie fucks.

Yes, because I'm not a worthless piece of shit.

Takes all but a second to hit the indicator, and if you are not completely fucking retarded, another second to turn it off after changing lanes.

Yes. My car has lane change signalling, so it's only a small tap away.

I don't have a BMW so yes.

yes, so long as there is traffic around.

If I'm cutting around someone whos driving too slow in the passing lane though I might not signal when I cut back in

yeah but i don't click them all the way. I do a light touch and it automatically goes for 3 click

>tfw signal lane changes even when it's ~3 AM and I'm the only one driving
>tfw even use signals when racing

are you one of those people who signal on curves

I hate the people who mash their brakes and then signal.

Yes, meticulously. It's the only way to make sure you don't hit anyone and you are not hit by anyone.

No, he'll pull a gun on you, because the type of people who'd follow a person home after a bout of road rage wouldn't give a fuck about what some paper an idiot in the parliament wrote, and would buy a gun illegally.

Whoops, sorry about that mate. :^)

Yes.

Even when doing 30mph+ faster than others I'll put on my signals 3-4 seconds before I make a move. I use my signals everywhere. Sometimes even pulling out of my driveway.

I would rather be going fast and predictable, than normal and unpredictable. Unpredictability is what causes wrecks.

Usually only when there's someone in the vicinity of where I'm going. Who the hell would even care otherwise? Ants on the road?

+1 upvoted

Same here

No, because you can't buy guns in britain unless you deal with some seriously shady fuckers, and then it's as likely to blow your hand off as to fire a projectile.
Even having a toy gun or a replica means the police are legally allowed to shoot you dead.
British people are not armed. I don't know why you insist on 'LOL THIS GUY IS ARMED LOL' because they're fucking not.

Spotted the woman.

>500 feet

It's 100, you stupid shit

kek

always, even when racing

yes

>tfw use turn signals when pulling into parking spots and even the garage

No lol that's weird

>live in Ontario
>tfw turn signals are not only not required to use when you're "under the impression that there's no traffic your maneuver would affect" but you're not even required to have them to pass a safety inspection
>tfw "I didn't think there was any traffic around that my lane change/turn/etc would affect" is a perfectly valid defence in court if you run someone off the road or nail someone because you didn't signal

Feels fucking good man

Bump

Yes, I have never not used a turn signal even if I'm on the highway at night with nobody else around. I really like the clicking noise.

Here in Spain it's not compulsory to use them, but I always use them, specially on roundabouts. I always put the left indicator/signal if I'm not going to take the first exit in a roundabout to let people know that I will keep turning and they shouldn't block my trajectory. Fucking roundabouts, people who don't use indicators/signals there really cause lots of small accidents.

top kek

yes. Sometimes I forget.
I turn them on at the first thought of changing lanes and spend a lot of time checking the blindspot.

i only use them when i have to enter a car park or something which implies i have to slow down dramatically so i dont get hit from behind.

lucky ass nigga

Myself as well. I'm THAT guy that lets people in when they try to force merge, etc.

As a motorcyclist, people don't even pay attention to hand signals.
It seems every time I use a hand signal, a drive near me makes some really insane maneuver nearly hitting me.
>riding down road, signal right turn with my left hand
>guy at stop sign waves at me and guns it right in front of me thinking I waved him on

My blinkers aren't even visible during the day but I use them out of habit.

yes you fucking mong.

All the time, even alone on the road, it's just an automatic habit as it should be.

>Aren't even visible during the day

You seriously need to sort that out.

yes and every time i do people speed up or slow down to block me. Ive gotten used to waiting a bit to let people pass or having to merge with power to over take.

i don't know why i bother any more. I guess the little voice in the back of my head that keeps saying "you drive a "ricer" car, cops will look for anything to pull your faggot ass over" keeps me driving as clean as possible.

Where do you live?

I'm not sure if they do it on purpose but I have noticed that people tend to be complete idiots when you're signalling and either don't give you room or move to block you, purposefully or not I don't know. I never use my signal to actually signal I'm going to change lanes, I just wait until I have room and then signal as I move.

All the time even when I know I'm completely alone on the road. Muscle memory.

FL

I can't tell either, its maddening real. too many people drive in auto pilot and don't remember their drive to work.

What is the purpose of you using your blinker then? Do you think the little flashing light will alert them more than you shoving a 3-4000lb vehicle in front of them without warning?

I obey every law down to the finest detail to ensure my safety and the safety of everybody on the road.

Yes, I do use indicators when I drive my car.

No, I don´t use them on my motorcycle, since it doesn´t have any.
But I use may hands to indicate.

Am i supposed to signal when turning into my drive way?

>be English
>don't live in nigger London
>don't live amongst shotgun owning farmers
>can shout at cunts without getting shot

That depends. Is your driveway connected to a busy road?

Every law? So you don't exceed the speed limit at pass people at 60 when they're going 58 in the middle lane?

Everyone else drives like they're on the autobahn, but with shitty 70s vehicles that top out at 80. If you did too, we would all be safer. Predictability is safety in traffic, anyone following a law that nobody else follows is, in effect, creating the same situation that someone breaking a commonly followed one would (like people who don't signal). The value of laws that do not regulate morality is conformity, after all. It's not the law itself that's important, it's orderly conduct. Even cops know this.

Drive like everyone else = don't crash
Be an anomaly = stacy was distracted and crashes into your special snowflake bumper. She's at fault, but you're the one with injuries and a totaled car.

This. Anyone insists on getting physical, and I'm legally permitted to knock the shit out of them.

i do that on accident

If you're turning off the road, yeah. Do you usually just slam on the brakes without warning and then block traffic while you take a 56-point turn?

FPBP