/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>trailing arm edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Spinning doors on an Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=o385TSo5J3U

>6TWO1 EG6
youtube.com/watch?v=1quJkN8gLzY

>How close user is to losing his shit plus his drive home
youtube.com/watch?v=u0DcJ0PK9O4&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=bg5aSPMM-NU&feature=youtu.be

>user's Idle
youtube.com/watch?v=bVkO40QvSOo

>509WHP Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=tZFDeGnGViU

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6034786940.html
preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359769#/topics/359769?page=1
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/6035618310.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7ha5bjqZ1yU
youtube.com/watch?v=sK1R8EfLUhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jQfIXPolTMA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni_V5PuNxm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

>Honda

Kys

(You) first

Is it weird I'd tell girls to get off my damn good because it's gonna dent?

At least sit on me.

Nah not weird I'd do the same thing. If they have enough contact it shouldn't dent and if they're light enough

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6034786940.html

soooo what's wrong with it? a black prelude is basically my dream car

>soooo what's wrong with it?

It's fwd.

Does anyone know what spoiler this is?

>only one valve was spec

Normal for 77k miles? 07 Honda Fit here

Hey

Was just scrolling through

Always ignore Honda General

This car looks sick though

What is

Just a little high on mileage but it does look very well taken care of

1989(?) Honda Prelude Si R

If it ran fine, it was probably no big deal anyway, I've never even done the valve adjustment on my K and it does ok.

Popped some sleeping pills so I can get enough sleep for that damn drive. Hope nothing goes wrong. kek

3rd Generation Honda Prelude with a Xenon bodykit. they were built from 1987 to 1991. It's most likely the 90-91 facelifted version because it's easier to swap an 88-89 bumper onto the 90-91 than to swap the 90s taillights onto the pre-facelift version.

Fwd tho

Make me sad

The 1988-1989 Prelude is more reliable in my opinion than the 1990-1991 due to not having FRM sleeves. Stick to a manual fuel injected model and you'll be fine.

Couldn't find it. Probably came with the body kit and it's probably obsolete desu

You can get four wheel steering. Obviously doesn't substitute for the sensation of RWD, but it really helps the handling.

Should be fine if there aren't any symptoms of abnormality of the engine

Thanks anyway man, it reminded me of the flushmount spoiler on the 85-87 Si.

Found the owners description, it was custom made
preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359769#/topics/359769?page=1

There's also a JDM factory one but it doesn't extend as far back, less than half the length, as the one you posted.

Hopefully it's a bird curse free ride homeboy

Thanks. I'm a little paranoid but I promised I would do it so no going back. Kinda heard a bit of a sputter when starting up the car and idling. Goes away after driving and idling some more, though.

I should really get new spark plugs and wires. Got NGK for the Corolla and I never even did that for my hatch.

Every time I see this Accord I like it more and more. Though ninth gen coupe is still my most favorite post 2000's model.

Thanks, I had a feeling it was too good to be mass-market.

Like these one off prototype wheels

Better pic

what CRX models/years had AC?

Paranoia is a bitch. I'm surprised you still haven't change plugs and wires yet.

Those things surprisingly, for a newer car, have more engine room than its predecessor. I wouldn't mind having one as a comfy cruiser with the v6 manual. Owner has shit taste in wheels though

I have that picture hung up in my room.

Kek did you save it from here? I feel like you probably have all my downloaded lewd pics saved

Yeah I like the tires and height but different wheels would make it look better. I think I will take care of the plugs and wires very soon. I was just forced to with the Corolla since they were corroded to shit.

I'll be back when the trip starts. These pills knocking me the fuck out pretty quick. kek

>tfw all the good ef hatches are sold within 24hrs.
I just wanna be the kanjo

Yeah, I know I downloaded that particular one from here, I just don't know if it was from an user or a trip. Most of my lude pictures are from either here, PreludePower or Flickr.

I know for a fact that 88-91 had an option for AC for all trims. (USDM)

meant for

you need a stronger hood you thinner girls

so it wasn't standard, just an option for most part

Might have to go with an EG hatch m8

Yes wasn't standard for the years listed

I actually initially wanted an eg, but they're the same story I'm afraid.
tfw I saw a super riced out eg with a fart can today. Also a hello kitty car. Was a weird day.

Might have to go with a sixth gen hatch m90

>7200 rpm fuel cutoff is everyday shit on cars that weren't Si models
>gets nearly 40mpg in the city
>Pollutes very little and doesn't brag about it
Will Honda make anything as glorious as the D series ever again?

>What kind of rims are those?

They look like nice REALLY CHEAP BBS lookalike steelie covers

I'd snap at them. Shit's rude if they don't ask. Or just decline it even if they do.

Reminds me of those facebook photos of adults sitting their children on the hoods of supercars for a few pictures.

How much would you feasibly pay for a good honda crx?

I've done some searching and query driving for a bit I think a crx would be a cool car to use as my DD, grocery getter, you know.

"Clean" ones near me are pushing 3-4k, the sub 2k ones are nigh undrivable. Just keep looking? Where besides Craigslist and Facebook can I check?

I'd just pay the 3-4k for a clean and good runner, anything at a sensible price is gonna need 1-2k of work to straighten the thing out.

N—no

$3-4k sounds right

Damn. At 4k I have a lot of DD options, I do like the look and feel of the few crx I've driven though, and everyone reports crazy mpg.

If I feet one that needs work, or a shell, what setup should I go for, b or D series engine etc? Is there an online resource beyond the crx forums? That place is a mess

This is what I mean. 10 grand? Really? Just keep the thing if it's so valuable.
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/6035618310.html

Get a second gen if you can, because they have double wishbone all around and they have a much larger aftermarket.

I wonder if del is around. He did a GSR swap in his 1G.

God fucking damnit.

This was not in the forecast, all I want to do is put brakes on my car.

>The Accord. Our luxury car.
>Luxury
No, you mean c o m f y

You and me both brother, you and me both.

100 miles in, just got to Mississippi. No issues at all but this ain't shit so far.

>See LA State Police by an underpass
>He's got a buddy on the bridge scanning cars

You sneaky bastard. Glad I wasn't in Kanjo mode. Trying to keep my MPG in the 37 range.

>See animal corpse in pieces in the road
>Can't avoid, hit it with my exhaust

No damage but it made me cringe. Kek

I'll be back if something blows up or I make it there.

Im getting jelly of you D16 people and your em pee gees
take pics of con

How much money do you want to spend on an engine and tranny?

If you aren't wanting to spend a lot on a CRX to begin with, are you going to want to spend 1700-1800 on a B series swap?

The Si motor/tranny is 'relatively' quick in the 2nd gen CRX's, don't know if you'd want to swap for a different D series.

If you have any specific questions I can answer them

Godspeed shingu ;_;7

Made it. Zero issues at all.

Thank goodness the snow keeps getting postponed and probably disappear at this rate

Stay safe nihg

Hopefully the drive back is good. This place reeks of neckbeard. Asked how much a MGS2 wall scroll was.

>$45 plus tax

HAHAHA HOLY SHIT

Maybe I can find some Initial D shit but this con is pretty tiny.

8th gen civics are so mean I gotta get my money up and get one because unriced ones become unattainable.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ha5bjqZ1yU

Oh god
I hate fat people so much. I remembered reading on Veeky Forums how /cgl/ used to hate fat people but now they have their own general and are taking over. Fuck fatties normalising their image.

When you save enough money for one you have to start looking at 9th gens since the 8th gens will be gone and then once you save up for the 9th gens they'll be gone and it'll be an endless cycle desu

It didn't help that Mississippi is literally the fattest state in the US. Kek

They had zero Initial D stuff so that sucked. All I bought was a Star Platinum keychain. I'm just gonna stick to the cons in New Orleans from now on. That's only 20 mins away. This was just an overpriced weeb store.

That weeb tax is pretty high too. Wall scrolls at that Miku show were like $25.

Got this oil for free from a neighbor cleaning their garage. She said it's 16 years old. Use it or no?

If they're still sealed, I don't see why not.

please try it and record it when you drive your car

Wew try it at your own risk

It will be a while before I need to change my oil. I'm kind of scared to try it lol . All the bottles are sealed. I might try it with the bottles that aren't discolored

I'm back with an update for 1st Gen Honda Fit owners who are having problems with their rear hatch. This is on my 2007 Fit Sport CDN auto

So the rusted exterior handle was part of the problem but the lock actuator seems to also be the problem as it doesn't seem to be able to go through its full range of motion.

So this is the bullshit fix. I used a rat tail file to allow the white plastic actuator arm to slide easier and found a spring to help it. After this I'm biting the bullet and buying the new one as I'm 5 hours in of my valuable $22/hour wage but I hope this helps other owners

1/2

This is with the actuator in the lock position. Note even with the top helper spring attached to the lock release lever, it won't move without the actuator set to unlocked. I was lucky and found some spring that isn't too strong and dorsnt pull the lever into the lock position.

That's half the reason I don't go to cons anymore, anything you see there you van get it for 25%-50% cheaper online.

I wouldn't if I were you desu

went to the library to get some info on the block assembly, but they got rid of the database that cataloged it.

Looked online and found a shop manual pdf almost immediately, kek. not at all motivated to wrench in the cold today, but at least I got this info and some other shit organized.

Does anyone have a shop manual for the 8th gen si/k20z3? That'd be pretty dope to have the z3 transmission info. Could save myself a lot of dollarydoos if/when it takes a shit.

What symptoms did the problem give you? Do you know what years are affected?
I don't think I'll consider a first gen fit for my future shit box then

Even if I had it. I feel like it would be a pain in the ass to scan it desu

Just looking for the transmission stuff really. funny you should say that though, because I do have a copy of the rsx shop manual that is almost 1500 pages that someone scanned front and back. the scan looks like it came out of a three ring binder, but still whoever did it probably sat at a scanner for a lifetime. What a guy

Did you get the misfire problem yet? I'm about to drop money for 4 new coil packs, spark plugs and a whole day to do my valves.
I hate my younger self for not taking care of my Fit.

Yeah this one had nothing of interest really.

>Just a big room of vendors
>Banner and plushie guy making mad bank selling each banner for over twice the normal price
>Some dude with his own clothing brand called Waifuwear selling shit for 25 to 35 bucks each
>Literally who pro cosplayers
>Absolutely no Initial D but they had Fruits Basket playing in the screening room for the billionth time

There was like one booth that had reasonable prices. Got my keychain for $6. Wish they had some t-shirts I liked.

Did around 400ish miles total and managed to do 35.5MPG. Based hatch gave no fucks today and gave me cozy AC. My leg is tired, though.

For specific questions I'd pretty much just ask how to get the best performance from the car, striking a balance between the mpgs and fun.

I don't need a hoonda, just a cool looking car with some pickup.

Take any pictures with some hot cosplay bitches???

There weren't very many and it was crowded as fuck. I'm gonna stick to New Orleans for stuff like this from now on. They have way better things going on.

>89f and baking
>turn on AC
>Lel no
>tfw no freon

2clean4me

youtube.com/watch?v=sK1R8EfLUhQ

Asked elsewhere before but might be able to get a better opinion here. Sorry for the wall of text, trying to get more into cars but I'm still learning.

I'm looking to get a new daily car and fell for the way the early 90s Accords look, I saw a couple 92s for sale nearby and a 93, I guess my questions are would it be okay as a daily driver in 2017, and which should I go for

The first is an EX at just under 70 000km, which leads me to believe it might have been sitting at some point or was only driven at certain times of year (Canada, so its possible they were worried about salt maybe?) its at around 2.5k As-Is

the next is another sitting at 190 000km, EXR, at just over 1700$ As-Is, looks pretty nice and clean, talked to the guy selling it as it wasn't up as is before at a higher price and he seems really pushy to get rid of it, so there might be something up with it.

Last ones a 93 SE at 250 000km, and the entire hood has rust problems, even still its being sold as having its safety and is at just over 2200$, this ones the one I'm personally least interested in due to that rust.

If I were going for one which would you recommend checking out? Are there any other Hondas that have a similar style to them that you might recommend instead?

If it's a runner get the 70k Accord ex, my grandmother daily drove her accord to run errands, get food, or church, and it only racked up 90,340 miles after 13 years with no problems.

God K20s are mean

youtube.com/watch?v=jQfIXPolTMA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni_V5PuNxm4

recharge?

I don't know shit about ACs like the high or low pressure, i'll just take it to the shop and have em do her.

drove with the rear seats down because cargo and the gas dancing on the bottom red line. my destination was the other end of the city. made it to that one cheap station just in time
thank you based honda

pretty sure you can figure it out
my accord has low with a blue cap and red for high so maybe its like that on yours too?