He brought insurance

>he brought insurance
Why?

>brought.

Not OP but i also don't have insurance on my shitbox and don't see the point

because $220AU a year for 3rd party is nothing

I have this but not comprehensive, why would anyone get comprehensive on a car worth less than 5K AUD.

>he dives a car
Why?

To smart too stay out of jail.

Depends on your area. I've been driving with expired paper plates, no front plates, no stickers, and expired insurance for several months straight now, driven with cops behind me on at least three separate occasions, and I've still yet to get pulled over.

Sage your posts assholes

It's mandatory in 99% of places you degenerate

Because when you hit somebody and they have $50K in hospital bills and need a new car, it covers your ass.

>driven with cops behind me on at least three separate occasions, and I've still yet to get pulled over.

My city's cops have automated license plate readers. The computer scans all the cars in a wide field of view and alerts the officer if that plate doesn't have records showing tabs were purchased.

In my usa state, due to privacy laws, the police still don't have direct access to whether or not the owner of a car has insurance. There were debates that people buy cars and let others use them, but because they themselves don't drive, they don't buy insurance. Thus, any scans for insurance results in the loaned car being pulled over for no violation.

Just because you don't need it in whatever third world shithole you live in, doesn't mean that the rest of the world is like that

That's not what comprehensive insurance does.

>There were debates that people buy cars and let others use them, but because they themselves don't drive, they don't buy insurance. Thus, any scans for insurance results in the loaned car being pulled over for no violation.
Insurance follows the car, not the driver. If the car isn't insured, it's illegal to for anyone to drive it on public roads.

I dropped insurance about 9 months ago now, I've registered as a sovereign citizen and only travel anymore.

i used to drive without it, did it for 3 years without ever getting caught

Then one day it was 2 am and i was high as fuk pulling out of taco bell with my headlights off.

ended up getting an 800$ ticket. since then ive had insurance, and i especially have insurance now since i have a newer car with full coverage

> insurance follows car

Donno how you Americans do insurance, but down here insurance is linked to the policy holder.

In the US, if you're borrowing someone's car and get into an accident their insurance will cover the accident up to their limits, then your insurance will take over up to its limits.

Because it's the law and if I cancelled my insurance and didn't turn in my plates the police would show up in approximately four weeks to pick them up and fine me.

Also because it makes sense. Do you wanna be hit by someone without insurance who's broke? Do you want a relative to be killed by someone broke without insurance in a crash?

where i live you dont even need proof of insurance to get plates

Yes, and unless other people are entered in the policy only the policy holder is allowed to drive the car.

Good for you, enjoy your third world.

>Do you wanna be hit by someone without insurance who's broke? Do you want a relative to be killed by someone broke without insurance in a crash?

I just burnt my palms reading this.

t. Anonymousberg

I haven't been on Veeky Forums in ages but I'm glad to see you're still fighting the good fight lad.

will do

will also enjoy the straight pipes and loud vee ates with no emissions systems

because in america if you stand still at red light at 4 am in pitch black, some retard in a truck will rear end you, total you car and run away.

>retards can violate the public peace and wake up entire neighborhoods at night
>this is somehow a benefit
You know where else people are loud as apes? Brazil.

are you implying that just because we have the freedom to do whatever the fuck we want means we are assholes to everyone?

come the fuck on now m8

even i have enough respec not to drive my straight piped v8 through residential streets at 2am

that's covered by green slip and 3rd party.
comprehensive is shit like theft, fire, flood etc etc.

i thought comprehensive was just if YOU crash into someone, then the insurance covers both the victim AND your car

3rd party (and 3rd party - fire and theft) just covers the other person's car

If there weren't a grain of truth to it then it wouldn't be the general impression of Americans.

3rd party or liability covers other people when you cause an accident. Partial comprehensive like I have also covers fire, flood damage, weather damage, animal collisions, vandalism and so on. Comprehensive covers everything including damage you cause to your own car.

3rd party covers them if you're at fault, and only covers you if you're not at fault and they're uninsured. otherwise their 3rd party covers you. 3rd party fire and theft is the same, but it also covers fire and theft of your car.
comprehensive does all of that, but also covers flooding/storm/hail, towing costs, damage to 3rd party property which is either fully or partly your fault, a rental car

You just described OP

In Australia, 3rd party compulsory insurance is part of the car's registration. I'm pretty sure it covers other occupants in cars for any amount of hospital bill. I can't remember how much, but it could be over a mil.