Just how difficult is drifting?

Just how difficult is drifting?

It looks fairly simple here. I mean really, it just looks like you need to turn your car left all the way, let go of the wheel and let the car turn itself, then grab onto it and turn a little to the left to keep the car drifting.

Is there any more to it than that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drFUB8uTtUE
youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI
youtube.com/watch?v=UAlalPg6b68
youtube.com/watch?v=tGUBZDHvGWo
youtube.com/watch?v=RnAo7iGvPTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why dont you just go and give it a go then?

> The Skill is in not hitting lamposts

Yes

throttle input, entry speed, exit speed, predicting how the car is going to react to your inputs...
yes

I hear that it can be pretty harsh on your tires. I don't want to go out and practice drifting in an empty carpark for a few hours then find out my tires are all fucked up.

Throttle input?

EZ
youtube.com/watch?v=drFUB8uTtUE

You're pretty dense, OP.

>doesnt know what throttle input is
>wants to drift.

BOY

youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI

>Throttle input?
youtube.com/watch?v=UAlalPg6b68

What car do you drive? Does it have an LSD?

Thanks.

Could you just link to the relevant part? That video is pretty long.

That video is extremely loud.

An R34 GT-T. I don't know if it has an LSD or not.

>could you link the relevant part

NIGGA WATCH THE WHOLE THING. YOU LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIFT AT ALL.

>Owns R34 GT-T
>Doesnt know if it has an LSD

oh lord. this is shit you can find on google. Either you are trolling or actually stupid.

How old are you and post a pic of your R34. Im assuming you are a stupid Aussie.

I'm 22. And yes, I am Australian, but I'm not stupid. That's kind of rude to say to someone, user.

Stick to drifting on Forza Horizon.

Things you need
Welded diff
Suspension work
There are many techniques to do it but I prefer inertia because I don't like shitting on my clutch.

Just pull the ebrake and floor it, how hard can this be?

Post a pic of you R34 GTT

If you are serious you should watch that entire drift bible video, if not go ahead and fuck up your car yourself.

?

The ebrake stops the car. How am I supposed to drive the car if the ebrake is pulled halfway through a drift?

with an open diff and under powered car? pretty easy until you get to weight transfer. In the wet it's easy. Sure you can scandiflick and handbrake your dick off but a locking diff is way better.

LSD and decent power is easy as fuck. Never had a welded diff but I would assume it's even easier.

>I'm not stupid
>Everything I've said up until this point may lead you to believe I am, but don't be fooled.

Op is claiming to have an R34 GTT and doesnt even know if he has an LSD

either he is lying or an idiot.

>I don't want to go out and practice drifting in an empty carpark for a few hours then find out my tires are all fucked up.
then why do you want to drift if you care about your tires?

>ITT - Veeky Forums is baited by a 14 year old

Hi Op

I just don't know a lot about cars okay.

Because I want to know if it's really that easy before I go out and get a cheap set of tires to drift with. No point buying tires to drift with if I can't drift.

It's simple and takes literally no skill. That's why only braindead energy drink fags and vagrant gooks make a big deal of it

>No point buying tires to drift with if I can't drift

You are going to have to keep buying new tires anyway though. How else will you learn to drift?

Takumi didn't learn how to drift overnight brah

that's a 16 year old kid sitting in his car with his parents, he got grounded and his car taken away (source: facebook)

youtube.com/watch?v=tGUBZDHvGWo

youtube.com/watch?v=RnAo7iGvPTE

difficult enough for there to be teachers and an entire track dedicated to learning it.

True. I guess attempting a couple drifts won't really be that bad for my current tires, right?

you can't do it. this thread demonstrates your lack of mental strength

Drifting is immature childish shit

>hurr big noise and smoke

You have 500+HP in these fucking things but you want to use that power to go 100kmh around a corner but you make a big smoke cloud :o

Doing the stuff in that webm is actually easier irl than in a video game. There are drifting schools at most race tracks and at some drag strips too, getting you to slide the car around in a circle like that is the second thing you'll learn.

>sponsored by car tire manufacturers

topkek

POWERRRR

i dont get whats funny about that if anything it makes sense.

Is that not what an ebrake does?

Drifting is like vaping
Vaping is for faggots

mate you are from fucking australia just get a big fooken v8 with lots of torque and skidz for days

its not like you are from yurop where the average car for the youth has a 1 litre inline 4 engine with 90 cv

either way judging by your questions and answers it seems that you don't really know much about cars in general

yes, you are going to burn your tires fast

yes you may crash

yes its doable without too much stuff but its recommended to have like a LSD (Limited Slip Differential)

Look, be a sane man, learn to drive properly first, get to know your car, what can and can't do, learn general things about cars, both here on Veeky Forums or youtube, and of course its easier to learn if you like cars.

There's a shitton of pedalwork going on under camera that you would probably never be able to do

Not hard to oversteer, countersteering is where you can fuck up if you aren't quick.

On a smooth road as that, it's as simple as you described and very easy.

On roads where I live, there's not a single roundabout or intersection large enough that is as smooth as that. Since you're being bumped around all around the place trying to set up a drift, your confidence isn't as high. You'll more be thinking about that drift than actually doing it because it requires way more concentration setting it up in that situation.

I dont see how you can honestly tell us you arent stupid.

>press on break pedal
>car instantly stops

>Instantly
Shit nigger, those are some pretty magical
>BREAKS
you got there.

Those are some gay shoes. He looks like a fairy.

>take foot of brake pedal
>car moves again

The ebrake is a three step process, the brake pedal is as simple as pressing down on it lightly with your foot.

user pls sell your car and buy a bus pass

no one wants you on the road if your thinking of doing stunts in a vehicle you dont understand

Exactly. Neither the break pedal nor the ebrake instantly stop the car, they just pressure the wheels

>break
>brake
Make up your mind.

>That video is extremely loud.
But its also badass.

>I am Australian, but I'm not stupid
One of those aint true I say

Well no shit, drifting is just vaping with you car's tires

>yfw writing this post