/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation
pastebin.com/1GPVLLQ5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lviv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

First for dx8 static lighting very low settings CoC

I thought A-Life came with CoC.That's why I said that A-Life didn't work.

Are you retarded? Do you have brain damage?

I guess so because I don't know what's right here.

A-Life is just what the AI is named in this game. The A-Life mod switches it from offline beyond player's draw distance to always online resulting in a more lively zone.

There won't be new STCoP. It's no more.
It's Chernobyl Weapon Pack now. Even tho it's based on STCoP, it features guns and stuff that are not present in AO3 or STCoP.

Ah, that's explains everything. Thanks

is there a changelog for it somewhere or something?

Yeah, it's called AO+STCoC+new shit

nigger are you fucking with me?

you are dumb fag, it's not how it works, kys.

A-Life mod just enables offline simulation to all locations, instead of simulating stuff only on current level and locations linked to it with transition points.

For example, you stay on Cordon for 72 hours. Offline simulation works on Cordon, Swamps, Garbage and Darkscape. Other levels are "frozen", nothing happens on them.

That's what I said minus the part with neighboring levels.

>vodka, cheapest ammo and patches like everywhere
Is there some mods for more goodies in stashes for coc?

just change vodka with seva in the stash config file

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all

gamedata\configs\plugins\coc_treasure_manager.ltx

Add shit you don't want (has to be file names of the items), a good start is

army_patch
bandit_patch
csky_patch
duty_patch
ecolog_patch
freedom_patch
merc_patch
monolith_patch
stalker_patch
antirad
bandage
bread
kolbasa
conserva
energy_drink
vodka

Also a side note, as far as I can tell all stashes are generated on the very first load of a save because even after adding those I still see them in stashes on maps I've never even been to

Can i edit faction loadout table however i want and add whatever weapons to the table as i want?

I just want them to use more of the AO weaponry

You can do whatever the fuck you want as long as you have a working brain.

Is it better to play this game while a bit drunk, for max atmosphere?

It's better to kill yourself at that point

Ah yes the good old kill yourself response, why don't YOU kill yourself?

If I kill myself who will tell you to kill yourself? The other shitters that can't even say kill yourself and just go kiss?

just do the world a favor and do it.

I'm currently playing coc with some mods.Nothing fancy but I have a few issues like cardan being constantly drunk unlike the mechanic in rostok who I gave his 'third bottle of vodka' for the twentieth time with no effect what so ever. And i can't' seem to find basic tool kits anywhere in the zone. I looted 15 stashes and own 3 advanced and 3 expert toolkits. Am I just really unlucky or what?

Oh and I just bought a "hand_Radio" ("No description") from a mercy bro vendor for 1 ruble, is this item of any use?

Feed me more 7.62x25

Kill yourself

thanks. i just went through all of it and i cant seem to get rid of this boner

No, you kill kill yourself

Kill kill kill yourself

Yeah i figured, just need some advice to not fuck it up, there are probably exclusions on some weapons. Or not.

You first.

Why the fuck would there be any, if it's in the gamedata you can safely put it in.

You two should marry.

You second.

I'm not gay kill yourself.
I'll do it when you do.

I'm not doing it

>anime
You should reconsider it.

No

Allright, thanks for the advice

Stash contents are decided on game start, but the stash is only populated when you open it as an optimization.

radio is useless, you can try your luck with basic tolls by quicksave/quickload trick with sidorovich, he sells all toolkits but very rarely

So when you start a save a copy of the treasure manager at the time is tied to it, and then the game uses that when opening opening them?

Not quite - the actual list of stash contents is generated once at game start and saved in the .scoc file. It's looked up when you open a stash and the items that are supposed to be in it are spawned right then. This way the game doesn't have to track hundreds of items in stashes. It also prevents save scumming before opening a stash.

Take a look at scripts/coc_treasure_manager.script it has the full story. Here, in Alun's words:

This script spawns loot, randomly, inside all INVBOX class objects. Loot is determined on new game start and stored
within the .scoc as a string. When the cache is opened, the loot is spawned.

A list of all valid item sections is generated automatically by parsing all of system_ini(). From this list, loot can be obtained. If you do not
want a certain section from being spawned, put it in 'plugins\coc_treasure_manager.ltx' 'ignore_sections'.

A valid item section is determined by several factors:
1. It must have can_trade = true
2. It must have quest_item = false
3. It must not have '_mp' in it's section name
4. It must have a valid 'inv_name' value
5. 'cost' must be greater than 0

To debug or to obtain a list of valid item sections, simply enable DEV_DEBUG (-dbg in command line).
You shall find a 'valid_item_sections.ltx' in your main game directory after you start a new game.

To debug the actual results, start a new game. Then while in the loadscreen menu ctrl+left-click on the new 'autosave'. You
will find the .lua in your savegame folder. Search the file for 'caches'

Is there a way to manually make the mutant spawns more varied?

For example certain locations having more coherent logical spawns like 1 in 10th pseudodog spawn being a snork spawn and such

Why are peestols so sexy?

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS

what did he mean by this??????

Just got CoC and the scope texture is all fucked, how did this happen, and how do I fix it?

What a plonker

>he has never wanted to fill his gun with his dick (male) and clean it using his precious bodily fluids
casual

>it's a "I downloaded CoC and ignored the patch right in front of my face episode"

CoM 1.0d fix 1 patch is out. Updated translation and link to patch at moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-misery-english-translation

This patch breaks STCoP, so don't apply over it just yet. The STCoP guy released a supposed fix that includes a quest mod in it, dunno what's up with that. May want to wait and see before updating if you're using STCoP.

Kill yourself

Actually, scratch that bit about the quest mod, misread on my part. The STCoP fix is at pastebin.com/1GPVLLQ5

Install is 1.0d repack + 1.0d fix 1 + STCoP patch in that link + English translation.

That clobbers some changes by STCoP to the st_items_equipment, but that's better than losing all translation on gear.

>AO3E
>UWA
>CWP
>STCoC
>CWP again

He can't keep getting away with this.

fuck outta here with that negativity

This community thrives on negativity. Negativity and bear attacks.

who was that modder that got mauled?

The Ray of Hope guy.

eyy anons, I finally got a PC capable of running metro 2033(non-redux) which difficulty level is the way to go?

Don't use the modes that hide the UI until you've played through, they remove too much shit that you won't know about.

If you can run the original Metro 2033 you can run most anything. Redux optimizes and takes away some of the costly graphical stuff in the name of optimization.

>Metro 2033
On a scale of 1-10 how good was that game. Never got to play it.

This community is into Kebab Removal, make no mistake.

Alright, how do I get money in CoM apart from looting random stashes? Loving the mod but I can hardly break even so I'd like some advice.

Solid 8.
Demerit points for "playing on rails"

loot random ded people
loot random artifacts
loot random quests

Ah well, not everything can be open world. Ill give it a try then. Pirate it then pay if I like it. Ever since I got into the DLC whores Ive been doing that.

did it just like you said and i'm getting an error that says "can't open section wpn_svt40_rusty"

Go ahead, Stalker!

Yeah I heard that redux versions should be avoided.

Good.

I hear the Ukrainians cleaned Lemberg of subhumans so hard that even Nazis puked discreetly behind brushes.

Nice city though I need to visit:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lviv

Whats the combat trick for storks? Just run the the side when they get close?

Looks like the STCoP author fucked up the patch, it's missing a lot of new upgrade includes in weapons.ltx. Wait till he releases a new patch for 1.0d.

To rollback just reinstall STCoP + fix from the repo over your install.

Shotgun the head and sidestep the jump, thats all really, jumping also helps to avoid the claw swings, but watch your stamina

Yeah, without stamina you can't block or roll.

>Lwów
>Ukraine

nevermind, it works just fine now, all I did was to change the order of installation
when I was having the crash it was like this: CoM>STCoP + fix>1.0d fix>the latest STCoP patch, now I just installed the 1.0d fix in the place of STCoP and it all works well

>CoM fix not after CoM itself
This isn't rocket science

>CoC + Warfare (large squads)
>Playing for the 10th hour straight on my military character on master+ironmeme+AI hc aim
>Hell, even my companions had been with me since the birth of my character
>The military has gone full pacifism, being neutral/friendly with everybody except mercs and monos
>Might as well make the most of this time of peace
>Do some quests and scavenge
>Returning a quest
>It's a military guy sitting with like 20 loners
>Go return the quest
>Just when I had returned the quest, I heard the noise of somebody getting punched
>Oh god, no
>Gunfire starts
>Get hit, bleeding badly and have like 20% of my hp left
>All my companions are dead
>Hiding behind this minimal cover
>Know I'm going to die
>Few seconds later get killed by the flanking loner masses
God damn it, I feel so empty inside right now. Pic related, by the way, this was the mass of loners I was talking about.

Oh well, I guess I'll just create a new character, or something.

this is because I installed CoM with STCoP before this 1.0d fix was out so I just slapped it on top of it all and then I applied the STCoP patch

Loners are the true enemy in Wrafare. They spawn like rats and infest everything. They get neutral, start squatting in other factions' bases, and then declare war and kill everybody over and over.

In my game they've completely taken over Agroprom, Rostok, and Yanov doing that.

I don't understand why their spawn rate is so high.

Is there any way to reduce the number of guys in a base in warfare? I'm sick of coming to the garbage and finding 20 bandits hiding out in the train hangar.

Yeah, my original post was wrong. If you're using STCoP, skip installing the 1.0d fix 1 and use only the STCoP fix 1 patch, it includes the relevant bits of 1.0d fix 1 and excludes the bits that caused the upgrade crash.

Thats what keeps me playing. If it were only 5-6 I would get bored.

Loners are spies and infiltrators, backstabbing once they have numbers. Sounds like true warfare.

There are presets that reduce squad size, should all be configurable from Warfare Options in the main menu.

Well true warfare wouldn't let you pull that ruse over and over and over again. People ought to catch wise, but the faction relations reset throws a wrench into that.

And if I start exterminating Loner scumbags, that'll take my reputation.

Can scripts store global state or define their own savegame attributes or anything? I think it'd be nice if the faction relations reset point didn't always go to 0 and instead could be permanently adjusted. So if a faction keeps declaring war and getting to -5000, there comes a point where they stop resetting. And likewise, if a faction is consistently an ally, they'll stay an ally.

So maybe like every time there's a reset, the 0 point is adjusted by 1/10th or 1/20th of the current relationship score.

>loner
>bandit
>mercenary
>factions
Nice fucking meme.