Nobody here believes in electric superchargers right? Just checking

Nobody here believes in electric superchargers right? Just checking.

Other urls found in this thread:

kinja.roadandtrack.com/how-electric-superchargers-went-from-fantasy-to-feasibi-1652792767
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I believe in centrifugal superchargers.

i have one
gets me 300 hp to the FRONT WHEELS (where it should be)

pic unrelated right

No but I believe each sticker I put on my car adds 10hp

One must be complete moron to not believe that electric motor can spin turbine rotor.
Once the technology is polished exhaust gas rotated turbos would be forgotten.

Yeah, why wouldn't I?
Stay slow, retard.

what are you talking about
it's right there

Lmao what the fuck

hell yeah i believe in electric supercharging

this baby in pic related is a modern marvel

>what is thermodynamics?

Thermowhat now?

Sounds like fake news

what the fuck

I love using hair dryers to finish drying off when I get out of the shower in winter.

me too
wanna fuck

There's actually only one so far that someone has made for a car that isn't rubbish. I can't find the video but it was like a homebrew thing attached to an old nova it something. Wasn't terribly efficient I think it only gave it like an extra 40hp.

that's a turbocharger not a supercharger senpai

I'm already on to Electric Turbos.

Most electric supercharges are shit and snake oil but there are a few that actually work. Pretty much anything you find on ebay is going to be in that first category and you might as well just throw your money away instead of buying them. There are a few manufacturers that have working e-superchargers. I know volvo is one of them and I think there was an aftermarket company too. The big difference between the systems that are real and the fakes is the real systems run at much high voltages then 12v. They are using 48+volts to spin the electric motor. It's hard to make a 12v motor have enough torq and speed to speed a compressor blade fast enough to generate any boost because of the amps required. It's far easier to have a 48v+ system do that with much less amps.

kinja.roadandtrack.com/how-electric-superchargers-went-from-fantasy-to-feasibi-1652792767

I'll give you chance to explain yourself.

my turbo is electric famili

this

Nice vanes on that compressor

>Insisting that a FWD car can handle 300 BHP

Nah, mate, nah. The front wheels are not only dealing with the steering and handling but also 300 rampant horses constantly charging. There will be severe under-steer and even cases of torque steer. Your opinion is wrong.

>being THIS new

>do they work?
Yes
>do they provide any actual power?
No.

The batteries are not good enough to provide power without loss, the electric motors aren't good enough to provide positive power.

At best you are operating at a loss, even at high boost level chances are your battery is either gonna die, or your spark plug loses so much power that power decreases.

So why are people still falling for it?

Those shitty little eBay ones just flat out don't work at all. It's not that they add meaningless amounts of power; they actually rob power by adding a flow restriction.

Real electric superchargers exist, usually in the form of hybrid turbos. You have a turbine attached to a generator and a compressor attached to a motor. It gives less efficiency than a shaft connecting the two, but it allows for a lot of torque fill tricks that you can't otherwise get.

I don't get why you wouldn't just use a shaft.

your literally quoting jeremy clarkson

You literally leased an automatic FRS