Chevrolet SS purchase

I work near Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX and noticed they have a dozen SS, half or more manual. They are already marked down from $50-$40, but seeing as they are such slow-moving snowflakes, could I bag one for:

> $35k for 72m
or
> $38k for 78m

My budget is $500, as I just got a $3.5 raise. 0‰ should be no problem because my wife and I both have 700+ credit and have previously paid off cars early.

I can't find one on a lot, but I'd love to see a $40 Camaro SS 1LE before dropping that same money on a discontinued Holden. Has anyone seen one in RL?

I figured the snowflake status would help retain value, not many 4door 400hp 6speeds.

How do comparable vehicle likes the G8 hold value?

Would this vehicle still be worth $20-25k in 2024?

your budget is $500?

hot damn those look a lot better without all the chrome
not a big fan of the black on black but still pretty sexy
go for it op

Probably meant 50k.

$500 /month

> $35k for 72m @0%

> $38k for 78m @0%

Smoked headlights, tinted windows, and plastidip Holden badges and its pefecto

thats going to completely eat up the $500 and leave you nothing

>holden badges

Everyone asks way too much for a G8. The base V8 has an iron block 350hp and they want around $20k usually. There was a LS2 edition but it's rare so even more expensive. You could buy a first gen CTS-V with had a ls6 or LS2 and manual for $12-18k

Right, so I pay my bills and insurance and have titles to two other reliable cars already... And I just got a raise of just over $500 /m. So I'm buying a new new.

they've been on manufacture sale for a month or so. They're officially out of production permanently so if you want one dont hesitate, they wont be available much longer. Prolly will be collectable in a few decades since not many were bought. The G8 is already kinda heading in that direction though the price they're going for might just be because the owners are overhyping it.

Great advice senpai, my second/shared car is an LS6 CTS-V with 70k miles I paid off last year. My daily is an 02 Camaro SS.

Looking to turn the V into my daily, the SS into the project/drag car, and the new SS as my fiancés grocery getter / my weekend car.

Is the SS going to be that much faster? The LS3 only has 415hp and torque in a heavier car. The V has 400hp already. I think the SS would be much more enjoyable as a daily with it's modern features and magnetic ride.

I just put in a full blown credit check via gm financial to that specific dealership yesterday, and immediately was sent an email basically saying "lol we're out of stock and out next shipment wont b discounted srry"

so no, you're not getting one of those at any price.

Maybe I should wait a a year or two and let a used one dip under $30k?

Yea, it's definitely a luxury upgrade but almost identical to the V in 0-60 and 1/4.

The ultimate dream would be to pay it down fast (maybe 3-4 years) and then procharge it for full sleeper status.

>point out driver enthusiast car
targeted marketing
>gives unnecessary facts
name of dealership
>cites long ass payment plan
designed for poor people on Veeky Forums

Holy shit are car dealers now using Veeky Forums to advertise & drum up sales?

You mean they're already sold? Dealerships are notoriously misinforming over the phone and online.

> Wow an user mentioned:
> Where
> What
> Why

Could an user actually be buying a car for once and not shit posting?

I don't think they'd jerk me around if I submitted a credit application and they saw my credit score

Pic related

Well fuck, race you there in a month. If they really sell that fast, they won't come off price any more :/.

damn op btfo

its not the dealership that decides, but GM. they did 20% off this time because they're having a shitty quarter
check around for dealershits that'll do a trade to a closer dealershit

I guess?

Yea I understand how manufacturer discounts work, when I wrote OP I was under the assumption this dealer has a dozen slow movers sitting on the lot they would be willing to discount further to move.

oh, I see
They're going pretty fast in general, and most for this year are M/Ts (thankfully).
Talked to them a couple months ago, and even then they said they had like 40 preordered. I think a couple other dealerships might have some, like Myron (or Byron?) chevrolet, but I havent actually called.

The thing to do is get a salesman attention by letting them know you're a serious buyer and want a call as soon as one hits the lot.

Has anyone seen a 1LE in RL?

Why yes I would like to pay dealer markup on top of msrp. Thank you very much kind salesman.

they have electric steering, throttle, and e-brake. Enjoy the CIA or some noob hacker killing you on the sly m8

I snap one of these up in a heartbeat right now. Id take an auto and just ave it as the comfy cruiser.

> looks like impala, is actually falcon 9

I would literally give my left nut for an SS