MONTLY SUBARU HATE
>muh awd
>muh boxer
>muh sleeper look
>we wuz kangs of snow
>Veeky Forums is resist
>highest market support

PRAISE MAZDASPEED3 THE MASTER RACE!!!

mazdaspeeds are just as bad, get off your high horse.

>mazdameem3

>>>>>/reddit/>>>>

OP cant spell monthly correctly, inhave seen this shit twice

>faggot wheel driver shitter thinking he can compete
literally lmaoing

>GTI
>Focus ST
>Mazdaspeed 3
>Cobalt SS Turbo

Which fail-wheel-drive car is the best?

What did he mean by this?

Lol. Nice photoshop. The HP numbers arent even correct

>implying FastestLaps ever has accurate information

It's as easy to edit as Wikipedia and has no moderation. I could easily make a Chevy Spark faster than a GT-R Nismo if I wanted.

Subaru highest resale value, buys a Mazda makes sense.

GTI and Focus ST are top tier. ST for cheaper and super amazing car. GTI for a bit more of premium interior but still good car. MS3 are a bit older now and almost all are modded unless you find one at a dealer

I'd get and ST3 with recaros and all the other goodies 2bh

Subaru'a AWD is pretty god tier though because it's mechanical, which makes it good in general and god on snow. Also while the boxer is annoying and heavy, it allows for a longitudally mounted engine in an AWD configuration. All in all some pretty neat shit.

>Subaru's AWD is pretty god tier though because it's mechanical,
What the fuck does this even mean? Mechanical as opposed to electric like a 918?
>which makes it good in general and god on snow.
Obviously we can't know, but I'd assume that a 918 would still be faster than an Impreza even if it's snowy.
>Also while the boxer is annoying and heavy, it allows for a longitudally mounted engine in an AWD configuration.
This isn't an advantage when the entire engine is shifted forward by a foot and a half. The reason transverse is shit is because it locates the engine farther from the centerline of the car. Audi's system (which Subaru licenses) takes that too the extreme. It's the worst possible solution to a nonexistent problem.

Probably would've bought a current gen 3 hatch if it still looked like this.

It looks like a surprised fish

>fwd
when will these faggots stop? the only thing that car is good for is racing from a roll. look at the new type-r for instance: it has 300 hp and isn't even close to a 5 sec 0-60. sad

Tbh I really want a WRX STI for my next car
Preferably a JDM Bugeye STI

>Y U SO MAD DOE?

Mechanical as in its just diffs front, center, and rear instead of any electronic fuckery.
>6 figure hyper car faster than sedan even when snowy
Well no shit sherlock. Because it's mechanical it's predictable, consistent. Turn off TCS and the car will react the same way to the same inputs every time, and it will always do what YOU want it to do, not what a computer thinks is best.
>longitudal mounting
Allows for equal length control arms up front, serpentine belt serviceability, things like that.

Wikipedia does have moderation though, and you're change would be live for a period of time until it was reverted back.

ehmm the ms3 only cost at least less than 20k, also it doesnt have that much of hp as an gtr you are overkilling this you fucking nigger

this guy drives a subie and like dicks in his ass

3rd gens are dumb asf, 1st gen MPS master race we wuz kangs

honda are for mexicans, subarus for douchefags

lol vtec is gay, have fun blowing your injectord on those kicks

but nice meme

How does Subaru's AWD system work?

Is it different on different models?

What's the torque split (front/rear)?

The speed 3 is literally faster than a poobaru I'm confused why you're throwing them green arrows around

>missing the point, the post.

Megane RS, or Astra OPC

>Astra OPC
truu

>Mechanical as in its just diffs front, center, and rear
You just described every AWD road car ever made that isn't the 918.
>instead of any electronic fuckery.
Ignoring the existence of the DCCD on Subaru's WRX STI, electronic differentials aren't common at all.
>Turn off TCS and the car will react the same way to the same inputs every time, and it will always do what YOU want it to do
I suppose so, as long as what you wanted to do was understeer. Subarus are notorious for piggish handling.
>Allows for equal length control arms up front
Name a single production car ever built with asymmetrical independent suspension. Go on, I'm waiting.
>serpentine belt serviceability
This would be an okay point, except that the boxer layout is a maintenance nightmare. A transverse inline engine would be easier to service overall.
>things like that.
Great, some (even) more irrelevant "benefits".

Lol it's fake dude. It lapped 1:29:50 on motor trend. As if a fwd shitbox will defeat a 458 italia

Jimmy get out

>boxer layout is a maintenance nightmare.

I never understood this meme. Maybe if you don't have swivel joint sockets, the most difficult jobs are stuff like valve covers and spark plugs from the boxer layout. Instead stuff like motor mounts, clutches, and timing belts jobs become easier to do because the motor is longitudinal and not transverse, and the accessories (PS Pump, AC Compressor, Alternator) are right on top of the motor.

Its not that painful as people make it out to be, and I'd rather work on a million turbo Subarus than a layered engine (think 300ZX Z32 or 3KGT VR4) or a newer luxury car. I honestly think they're easy to work on, not as easy as a N/A 4cyl but definitely easier than something like a transverse V6.

Subarus are nice because they drive like older 1990s cars with few of the drawbacks. Simple as that. The steering still gives plenty of feedback (only recently switching to electric PS in the 2015+ WRX, STi still uses hydraulic), the cars have a ridiculous amount of visibility, plenty of grip, and the cars are pretty practical (AWD + Wagon layouts). They're still fairly light too, sure they're 500lbs heavier than the literal tin can GCs but from the 2002 GDBs, little weight gain.

Subaru is also pretty slow to adapt on newer tech (but on the cutting edge of passive safety, which is why the 2002+ Imprezas do so well in crashes) and refuses to use haldex variants like other cars where the rear diff is disconnected through clutches (keeping the car "FWD" until slip is detected, helps save MPG). The boxer engine also has its charm (enjoyable engine note + Subaru trademark) they've stuck to.

They're not as understeery once you add a big rear swaybar and especially compared to plenty of FWD cars. They're set up to understeer for safety. I do agree the lower COG is offset by putting the motor further forward, but the engines also have less vibration (no need for balance shafts like larger 4 cylinders) despite being pretty torquey.

It's a meme you dip

Fucking shite. I pissed all over one in my 17 YEAR OLD Accord Type-R...the driver of the Astra was visibly angery lol

Comparing a WRX to a 3000GT is a strawman, a much better comparison would be an Evo or DSM, both of which are easier to work on for most jobs.
>The steering still gives plenty of feedback (only recently switching to electric PS in the 2015+ WRX, STi still uses hydraulic)
Power steering is cancer in general, and at least electric steering can be tuned to provide less assistance or be depowered as simply as pulling a fuse.
> the cars have a ridiculous amount of visibility
That's certainly a benefit, visibility is a huge problem in most modern cars.
>plenty of grip
AWD will increase the available grip for acceleration, but reduce the available grip for turning and potentially braking as well, depending on diff setup.
>They're still fairly light too, sure they're 500lbs heavier than the literal tin can GCs but from the 2002 GDBs, little weight gain.
3200+ pounds is not at all light weight. It literally weighs as much as a new Camaro.
>refuses to use haldex variants like other cars where the rear diff is disconnected through clutches
This is only used on shitbuckets that no one should ever buy, like low-end VAG products and the Honda Ridgeline. Claiming that your car is better than that is like claiming that you're more intelligent than a literal light switch flicking downie. It's obviously true, but it's not exactly a meaningful comparison.
>They're not as understeery once you add a big rear swaybar
This turns them into worse snap oversteer machines than MR2s. If you make the car neutral by reducing rear grip to match the front tires overloaded by simultaneous turning and acceleration, rear grip is significantly lower than front off-throttle and the car will try to flip itself ass backwards. Please don't try to argue that you're a good enough driver to break the laws of physics. Suboptimal handling characteristics are suboptimal, end of story.
>especially compared to plenty of FWD cars.
See light switch flickers, above.

>strawman

The point is WRXs are nowhere nearly as bad as you make them out to be, there's far far worse cars to work on everyday like anything with a transverse V6 layout. Cars like the DSM/Evo are also a anomality these days.

>power steering is cancer

its better than electric steering tuned for fuel economy, and depowered steering feels like ass.

>3200+ lbs is not at all light-weight

they've gained 200lbs in 15 years from 3100 to 3300lbs, i'd say that's pretty good especially when you keep in mind they've tried keeping 5-Star crash test ratings across the board since the 2002+ GDB models

the new camaro also uses a fuckton of aluminium and switched from a large australian family car platform to its own dedicated platform getting physically smaller, so its not as good of a comparison. GM did a awesome job on that car

>This is only used on shitbuckets that no one should ever buy, like low-end VAG products

And the Focus RS (RDU Unit), and other German Cars (Merc A45/CLA45 AMG, Golf R). Its getting more and more common.

>This turns them into worse snap oversteer machines than MR2s

And just like a MR2 stay on the throttle. If there's something that amazes me about these cars is the TREMENDOUS aftermarket available for them. It explains why at any given AutoX/Track Event in my area half of the cars are some form of Subaru (not even Miatas or Hondas, desu). If you can't setup these cars to go fast don't blame the car, blame yourself.

dont matter all japanese nipshit is designed for boiracer faggots