Why don't you have a front/rear dash cam?

Why don't you have a front/rear dash cam?
>inb4 extreme poorfags "too expensive"

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/a4q5f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> I don't know which dashcam is gud.
> They're expensive.
> I'd have a hell of a time mounting it securely.
> I'm worried it'll incriminate me with my habit of speeding.

>I'm worried it'll incriminate me with my habit of speeding.

This. Any footage I could use for an accident would have to be selectively cropped and edited, which is likely unacceptable for obvious reasons.

I do have a front one. I used to run a knock off gopro in the front and real dashcam in rear. Since I put chinapro on my helmet and other things I just moved the dashcam to front on cyclic. I

The dash cam is g1wc recording 1080p with a 32gb memory card. Anytime something happens I just save that one file and it won't overwrite it.

Having caught a bunch of tiny stupid things on film as well as catching a dealership treat my car like shit I can say it's worth it.

Cops have to get radar guns calibrated, GPS on a consumer electronic is not going to be considered reliable, anyways you can strip the GPS metadata from the video track.

As far as dashcams, my recommendation would be the Viofo A119S with GPS logger (for accurate time stamps, as it gets the calibrated time from the satellites thus it never gets out of sync. Add a circular polarized filter to cut down on sun/dashboard reflections and you're golden.

I have the Street Guardian SG9665GC. The GPS module on that one is optional. I don't plug it in. Mostly because the wiring would be messy, but I guess the fact that it doesn't record speeds is also nice.

I do front facing only b/c I have a pickup truck, there's no real clean way to integrate it to the rear window.

Seriously it's so worth it just in the peace of mind. I don't really get as bothered by the prospect of people being dickheads anymore, I've got it all on camera.

I have a SG9665GCv2 and it's a really nice cam, I picked up a Viofo A119S to replace it... ituses the same Sony Exmor sensor for image recording... replacing it for two reasons:
1) It has much better warnings (beeping) when a condition prevents recording (no microSD card inserted, can't write to microSD card, etc.)

2) GPS mount base goes behind camera and makes it easy to have GPS/detach the camera if in an area where leaving it mounted might encourage theft.

Pic related, power cable plugs into the GPS mount behind. I have GPS location/speed recording on the video itself disabled but it keeps the timestamp on the video accurate within a fraction of a second due to the GPS signal and automatically updates whenever the car is on.

here
and with the camera slid off the GPS mount (upper right corner, camera slides on/off without unplugging shit)

dashcams FTW

streamable.com/a4q5f

this cunt tried to kill me and both of her small kids that werent in child seats

claimed to not see me at all and went 3-4 blocks before i could get her attention

fucked my bumper up pretty good

What's going on here? First time driver trying to back into a spot?

Different person. Looked at the Viofo and it looks really nice, only problem I have is that it isn't dual channel and so you can't add a rear camera.
I've been hit twice in my car, rear-end and a rear quarter hit so I would really prefer to have something that I can add a rear facing camera to without too much trouble. Don't really want to have to crawl through my car to the back to mess with another camera if at all possible.
Any suggestions on cameras that do that or should I just suck it up and just go with a second cam?

i want one but costco was sold out when i went to get it

i also have 7 vehicles so i dunno how that's going to work

I see either a lot of camera moving or a lot of cameras.

Ehhhh, most insurance companies will consider a rear hit or hit-and-run zero fault.

>person hits and runs
You pay nothing, doesn't impact premiums

>person reports to insurance
Forward dashcam footage shows you were stopped or proceeding normally forward when hit from behind, not your fault, you don't pay and no insurance impact.

I don't see much value in a rear dashcam unless your interest is to get hit and run drivers personally held liable for their accidents or to capture interesting footage. Most dual units suck and are $$$, just buy a second A119S and then hook that up to a rear cigarette lighter

shilling bullshit products on this board is aginst the rules

and the decietful way you do it is disgusting
no one needs a dashcam

Well you're not wrong about that. Both times I didn't have to pay anything and no problems with with premiums going up on me. Peace of mind in having all bases covered I guess?

>no one needs a dashcam
Until you do.

what a cunt, was probably using her phone or some shit

I almost got side-swiped by a truck the other day. I was parallel to him in the left lane and he sorta just swerved directly into my lane, but luckily there was enough shoulder room that I could evade into and slam on my brakes. It all happened so fast that I didn't even have enough time to honk

wish I had a cam running at the time.

But user, I do have a front and rear dashcam.

It's also hard wired to the battery so I can keep it on if I need to.

I really don't like the idea of having a cable running from my cig lighter right up the center of my windshield

you tuck it under the headliner/a pillar/side and then run it under the dash/floormat dumbfuck

>I've been hit twice in my car,
Have you considered accelerating faster, and not dawdling on junctions?

Because I don't need one?

woman backing into a corner area that isn't a spot then bumping into the metal thing.

I don't have a headliner

Until you need it
>duuuuurrrrrrr

>no-fault state

Life is suffering

Except I never will because I can actually see out my windows.

Until some cunt decides to back into you at a stop light and claims you're responsible for rear ending them.

Good luck fighting that shit.

>because I can actually see out my windows
The point of a dash cam isn't to provide you with extra viewing angles you dumb fuck it's to provide evidence for court in case someone hits you.

Oh my god you're right, I should have been using launch control all this time. It could have prevented the people around me from being retarded. How could I not have seen this.

Hans weber
>WEEB

I have an action cam installed on my helmet. It's quite new so I haven't caught anything special except for an aftermath of a car crash

Holy fucking shit we have reached a new pinnacle of stupidity on Veeky Forums today

Someone unironically believes that a dashcam is so you can see out of the car better.

>Ugh this fucking meter-plus wide window is so bothersome, let me peer at this 2cm LCD to get a better idea of where I am going

ITT: Very effective troles

>catching a dealership treat my car like shit I can say it's worth it.

My stealership ALWAYS unplugs my dashcam before begin driving it. They don't allow any recording or photography on their premises (posted sign).

They don't bother plugging the thing back in either. They just rip it loose from the window and leave it in the front seat.

I've been thinking about getting a F/R setup, but my rear window is tinted so dark that I dunno if a camera can see out properly. Would be nice if I could mount it on the trunklid, behind some plastic. Or maybe a weird little pod on my roof for both.

>most insurance companies will consider a rear hit or hit-and-run zero fault.

Zero fault is no prevention against rates going up. Your count of "Chargeable Incidents" still increases by one even when it is not your fault for the hit and run. Chargeable Incidents affect the insurance rate.

Depends on the state, but in New York and pennsylvania, Hit-and-run is not considered chargeable. In New York, accidents that result in under $2K in damage are not considered chargeable either.

>Why don't you have a front/rear dash cam?
Rear view cams are mandatory in future cars due to lack of visibility from the safety design changes. So that probably means front and rear "dash cams" will become standard when they make use of the same camera.

There are too many ways for them to avoid that chargeable exception even in New York and Pennsylvania. This is the age of computers and they can track stats, so even if they cannot legally use it "a la carte", they will still record it against that policy.

Knowing that, the computer can then INDEX the policy into a ranking within a COST CENTER POOL. That is not directly using the "chargeable incident" stat. Then they divide the pool into segments where each gets a certain INCREASE in rates.

While this might seem like they are using the stat, they are only indirectly using the stat. The same method is used by my corporation in computing various retention ratings for employees using AGE as a way to discriminate on who will be laid off. While age discrimination is illegal, this indirect method is not. Discrimination on who uses health insurance and thus costs a lot to the company is also illegal. But some companies do it because profit.

I have one in both of my cars
I live in a no fault state but It's caught a few crimes on tape

>people trying to break into other peoples cars
>hit and runs
>big crash a couple months ago

It pays for itself the first time you sell a fatal crash/major incident to the news.

I haven't tired to sell any of my footage yet though

Good idea about selling the footage

A local guy filmed a big pileup on the highway 2 years ago during a snow storm on his dash cam and sold it to the highest bidder because it was big news.

Even a road rage incident you could sell, Or if you wanted the rights to it you could put it on youtube with your adsense account

Plus dash cams give a better side of the story if you are pulled over or involved in an accident.

>> I don't know which dashcam is gud.
this is probably my excuse. i limit my options to those on amazon but i cant really decide.

Just read reviews for your price range.

>I haven't tired to sell any of my footage yet though
You have to be very careful and also DUPLICATE your footage before you try that. The news agencies have a dirty trick to beat sellers. They tell the police and immediately get a subpoena. Now the info is free for them to use as they get it from the police. In fact, the police, judges, and news agencies work out deals ahead of time to do this. That's how it's done in Seattle as the TV news companies KOMO and KIRO have a policy to not pay for footage.

Good to know

I did not know that, Maybe first give a cop to the police. Then sell a copy to the news before they police release (if they do) the first copy. Then BTFO the news company when they call the police and they say "oh yea, we already have that footage".

Then take the footage you offered them initially and sell it to their competition lol

>Lidl selling dashcams at £40 a pop
>only extra to fork out is the 32gb card
>cam is fucking excellent considering the cost
>caught a few near misses with me and caught a few bits of crap drivers too
>going out on a drive without a camera i imagine the same feels would be like someone in america walking without being armed

That's the way. You don't want to lose possession of the complete version. You make a cropped copy fast and that is the one given to the police. The better more complete one with the controversial footage of the senator getting a blowjob from the hooker is sold to the news agency like TMZ.

>The better more complete one with the controversial footage of the senator getting a blowjob from the hooker is sold to the news agency like TMZ.

kek.

That kinda footage is what dreams are made of.

I bet sites like bestgore or theync would buy the graphic ones of someone getting shot in traffic or getting run over, Stuff the news might not buy.

Keep that in mind

>yfw you see people mounting dashcams in the middle/lower part of the windscreen