>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV (embed)

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy (embed)

>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2 (embed)
>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links [this shouldn't be its own link, that's stupid]:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0 (embed)

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc (embed)

>VGU
>Rips:
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj (embed)
pastebin.com/S2eDehza (embed)

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m (embed)

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21991/?
loverslab.com/topic/73312-boston-breeder/
youtube.com/watch?v=5VsotpwBiBs
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17850/
youtube.com/user/norespawns1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What does this do

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21991/?

Cait sucks edition

Just as bad.

What are some good weapons for mobsters aside from tommy guns?

more recommendations are always welcome

Snub nosed revolvers.
Molotovs

Silenced pistol for when someone needs to sleep with the fishes

What would wastelanders do for Valentines Day?

>Molotovs
That is more for some anarchist.

I'd say pump action shotgun, (hidden in flowers) but Bethesda fucked that up. So either mods, or double barreled, though DB always gives more of a redneck, or biker vibe.

Not kill each other.

Who /1st person when exploring or in hostile environments & 3rd person in cities and friendly areas/ here?

Also, dialogue camera on or off?

Revolvers and shotguns. Also the BAR if youre using the mod.

Have dinner somewhere like the third rail, or the upper stands of diamond city, probably

>Can't hack up the corpses of mutant hounds, radscorpions, or basically anything but humans

For what purpose

>It just works
also try live dismemberment, iy has some pretty rad gory dismemberments for creatures and mutants

Isn't that the mod where you can shoot people and their heads come off but they still fight you?

Well, Fo4 may not have any sex framework or anything, but it seems that we've already gotten a smutty quest mod.

loverslab.com/topic/73312-boston-breeder/

>still using the same old dismemberment system from Fallout 3
I want to do something other than just dismember limbs. I'd love some Soldier of Fortune-style gore.

Lynn Woods is so comfy

Why wasn't it a settlement?

>Soldier of Fortune

All I remember about that game was entering a bathroom and enemies were pissing and they kept pissing after you killed them

I remember shooting enemies in the dick. Ahh... good old days.

In the second game you could completely obliterate a body down to the heart.
youtube.com/watch?v=5VsotpwBiBs

Reposting
How do I fix these shit pothole textures?

Oh Bethesda!

I want gang warfare between me, the gunners, some raiders, the triggermen, and the Cabots!

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17850/

I don't get it

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17850/
That's not it. Look at the actual pothole texture, not the reflection texture.

>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17850/
Here it is with that mod installed

Do you have a link for Upgrades from the Commonwealth for Fallout: New Vegas, OP?

That was fixed

Get and/or be raped.

So guys, whats your opinion on FROST ?

Im tempted to try since F4 plot is beyond bad but i kinda cannot live without my 80 plus mods and im worried about compatibility.

>those eyes

Hnnnnng every time

How many times do you think natalie portman was molested/raped as a little girl?

Statistically speaking, zero.

I find that hard to believe

Is the Texture Optimization Project worth it?

I have a borderline toaster, I mean, it can play the game fine and all, but I like to have things running smooth and I don't really care about graphics all that much.

Are there any other optimization mods that are worth it?

do any of you lads have fo4 power armors for new vegas?

I don't think it's possible to do that without some major changes to how NV works. PA in 4 is basically a vehicle, and from my experience, vehicles give NV a panic attack.

I'm just doing a "normal" run without trying to rebalance the game too much(I hate the other current overhauls for extending too far), I'll go back and do Frost once it's closer to a finished state

>Can't butcher the butcher

literally unplayable

what I meant was that there's a mod on GUN that I want that has that name, I was wondering if anyone would share the file

The extra spawn mod I have spawned all these extra workers at the Slog, but they're not treated as settlers and they won't move from their spots

Can't you just kill them then?

Well, or disable them using the console.

How can I BUILD a good looking WALL?

junk fences a shit

JSawyer Ultimate or the original?

Theres a second regular wooden wall all the way at the end of the wood wall list, also try concrete, its neater

I've been playing New Vegas again and I feel like the hitbox or whatever for melee some melee weapons (mainly fire axe) is a bit fucked. Is this a problem anyone else have experienced or did one of my mods do it?

The DLC has some decent wall pieces. Otherwise consider mods.

Also this motherfucker does a lot of good build vids, so there may be something in his content that will help you out.

youtube.com/user/norespawns1

Original
Search for the fix (mod on Nexus), I'll link it later if you don't find it

Looks like they're still part of The Slog faction

Then try the console.

Just open the console, click on a character and write "disable".

You can also write "kill" to kill them without it being traced back to your character if you want but that would be kinda pointless.

What's /fog/'s favorite ENB for New Vegas?

I'm currently trying out Rudy ENB and it's pretty nice to play with. Tried Hitman's 47 ENB 2 (nicer looking, but also MY FUCKING EYES retina-burning) and the popular one from Tapioks.

What should I spec my F4 character as?

Kinda tired of doing the generic 2 handed weapons even though it's sort of the only thing that makes sense to use.

Is melee still kinda pointlessly shit?

I'll leave them be. Still looking for a good spot to make my mob headquarters.

Melee is easily among the top 3 weapon classes in FO4

Aren't there only three weapon classes the the game period?

>one handed
>two handed
>melee

Is heavy a class? Can't remember.

so /fog/
started up a new run through of nv but first thing i noticed is that EVERY armor now has an added DR value despite none being listed in the GECK.
i checked in NVEdit and there doesnt seem to be any overwrites on the AR/DR values on anything.
I know JSawyer adds some to Heavy and Medium, but in the rebuilt one there are no manual edits, and its applying to light as well.
I wonder if a mod can script a formula for adding DR to armors?
heres load order

No, its:

>Unarmed
>Melee
>Semi-automatic one-handed weapons
>Semi-automatic two-handed weapons
>Fully automatic
>Heavy weapons
>Explosive weapons (which are often but not always also heavy weapons)

desu i usually dont play with one because the performance hit is never really worth it but if you can run it fine even better
although i tried rudy and its one of the few decent ones that doesnt go crazy with the color pallete

Oh.

So I'm assuming it goes something like:
>Semi-automatic two-handed weapons
>Fully automatic
>Melee
>Semi-automatic one-handed weapons
>Unarmed
>Explosive weapons
>Heavy weapons

Seriously is there any reason to use pistols apart from just role playing?

Anyway the best types of weapons are thus:

Cheapass endgame semi-automatic rifles Cheapass endgame fully automatic and/or shotgun bleeding and/or explosive weapons > Melee > Everything else > Shotguns that aren't explosive or bleeding

Yes, that's the point of the Ultimate Edition. It changes them via a script, among other things.

i thought JSawyers original intent was for Medium and Heavy only? since light armors are op otherwise
thanks though

>ENBs can't just add AO and not touch any of the lights and colors
I don't really feel like forcing nvidia's "you can see the difference if you squint" AO.

Originally I was planning a hue mod for New Vegas but as time went on it got shelved. FO4 came out, and I was geared up to make the mod for it, but I was so disappointed in it that I basically lost my motivation to play games at all for a long time.

I've gotten over my butthurt mostly and am working on the mod again, but I'm having a hard time.

If I continue making it for NV, I get the setting and quests I love with solid RPG mechanics but it's an antiquated engine. If I make it for FO4, it's basically like making a fucking Telltale game. Speech is restricted as fuck and your character's build, their individuality, doesn't matter even a little and the majority of the game is "Go here and shoot everyone."

Is there a way to make FO4 not a garbage RPG?
Is it worth it making a mod for NV at this point considering all I have right now are designs? The scope is DLC-sized, not some weapons pack.

what's a good settlement for Survival mode? I tend to ebb for the castle because fort but I want to mix it up.

is Oberland Station a good one? it's near the middle and has easy access to the entire west and middle of the map.

If you make it for 4, you have the option to write it better. You're not limited to "go here and shoot everyone" if you make it. You have a chance to give players an area where they're not playing a shit RPG.

Though there's apparently a learning curve with going from NV's system to 4's.

>All of the recipes need purified water

Lame

County Crossing is my favorite settlement location. Very short distance to Bunker Hill, The Slog, and Greentop Nursery

Yeah, when FO4 first came out I tried to remake what I had in FONV already and it was fucking crazy. I lost all of it in a HDD crash since then and have learned my lesson and now back things up, but shit.

My primary concern with FO4's system is that it feels like the dialogue is hardcoded to always have 4 responses and it works kind of like a cutscene from what I remember. Been a long time since I poked around, but that's what I recall.

My issue is that I couldn't figure out how to have skill and special checks for example. One of the things I loved in New Vegas the most, for instance, was all the different ways to handle each event in Dead Money. Getting Christine to do her part alone was a great example, even your interactions with her.

FO4 I don't remember having anything like that. Who you are as a person is basically irrelevant. You're THE GUY. You do THE THINGS. Sometimes you get to be a snarky cunt, but whatever else happens, you will eventually do THE THING.

>hue mod

For a while I thought you were talking about something like Fellout first.

First off what said. I mean, the modding scene is kinda barren so it depends a bit on if you want to be king of the hill or a citizen of the mountain.

Also worth keeping in mind is that it's probably easier to make it in New Vegas since the game just looks worse.
I myself am making a Morrowind mod for that reason, and I kinda like the idea of a very few but more dedicated people is getting enjoyment out of it rather than a lot of "casuals" that probably won't appreciate it as much.

>All of the recipes need purified water
>Lame

It's easy as fuck to get purified water to the point where I usually turn it into my main source of income. I like the idea of being a water baron.

>County Crossing is my favorite settlement location. Very short distance to Bunker Hill, The Slog, and Greentop Nursery
>tfw it takes me hours just to decide where to place my main base

huge* sorry

And you make very compelling points. New Vegas is by and large the more attractive option ESPECIALLY if I make it Tale of Two Wastelands compatible. I love that mod.

>It's easy as fuck to get purified water
Not in Horizon it isn't

In survival you're supposed to unlock as many settlements as possible and set up supply routes everywhere. If you can't fast travel to where your shit is, make your shit fast travel to you.

It doesn't just feel like it, trainwiz confirmed you have to have exactly 4 responses.

if anything outside the junk category was accessible that might apply

Fuck. That's so stupid. Thanks for the info.

In New Vegas, where would you consider a good place to create a military stronghold that does not conflict with vanilla missions and/or ending slides etc like the NCRCF or Utobitha?

Note that not every conversation in the game has 4 responses.

I was originally planning for Camp Searchlight, but making it not an irradiated shithole would be very difficult and the NCR would definitely want it back.

What happens if you hit that?

Nothing.

If Bioware hadn't copyrighted dialogue wheels we wouldn't have had this problem.

Searchlight Airport, but that's the obvious answer that everyone uses.

I'm more just talking about a base of operation where all my primary production and investments go into. usually I do the castle because it's nice a fortified but it's in such a fucking odd spot away from everything it bores me.

so I am trying to find a settlement that has good building spots, and is near a bunch of resources and enemies to farm shit.

Interesting. It hasn't convinced me primarily due to the inability to have a voiced protagonist engage other characters, but there you have it.

I always intended for something like the Minutemen, except not so fucking shit or lame. You basically recruit friends the same as other companions, but begin to give them jobs. Then over time, you start up a PMC. So on. That's why I need an HQ spot.

They could've done a menu like before with voiced dialogue. The plus-sign shit seems to have been an arbitrary decision. What the fuck were they thinking when they made this abortion of a game?

I'll look into it. It's been years since I've played, I need to look into it again. Thanks for your input.

Maybe Starlight Drive In?

It's pretty dope. Used the little office building thing next to the movie screen as my personal room.

Starlight drive-in is your best bet. It has a nice flat area where you can build basically everything, a central water point, and its location makes it a hub for all the surrounding settlements. It's also a short walk north of the super duper mart if you need resources.

Are there really no Synth armor remeshes yet? That shit is awful

tell me about iws? is it good?

Tell me about Lanius. Why does he wear the mask?

Is there a mod that adds turrets/useable weapons to power armor?

How come they didn't include dual wielding Skyrim-Style in F4? Seems like a wierd omission.

I just want to be a Space Marine with a pistol and ripper.

It's 2017.

Where the hell is the nuclear apocalypse?

how would i go about putting the recon sensor mod on to the operator goggles from nukaworld with fo4edit? they are unable to be upgraded on the armor workbench, could i use some instances of the wraparound goggles so they can be up-gradable?

60 years away

Just out of curiosity, what's the biggest reason for using the original over ultimate? Is it a meme, or are there major flaws in the remake?