Is it the car that turns BMW drivers into what they are?

Or were they that way even before they got the car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1qjbhYD_Jc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_Series_(F52)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_Series_(F20)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

before

they buy BMW because they think it will impress people they are already self centered douches

BMW doesn't mean anything to non car people.
If you want to impress you get a viper or a cadillac where the name recognition impresses normies.

BMW gives people who know what it is an heir of superiority similiar to listening to indie-music.

>BMW doesn't mean anything to non car people.
Of course it does. It means rich and successful.

It means your dad is rich and successful

What are you talking about, most of the people that get BMW are non-car people.

>rich
Give me a break - you can get a decent bimmer for $3-4K.

One thing with bimmers (and other good cars) is that they drive so well, maneuvers that seem suicidal to other drivers are natural and effortless. If you make an effort to remember, you'll realize that there's an "X drivers are jerks" for any value of X where X is a good car. That's when there are real drivers behind the wheel.

There's another category of X drivers, though - people who buy "entry level X" in a vain attempt to impress (and fail miserably at that, too) - those are real jerks because they're attention whores.

But you're mature enough to notice the distinction, aren't you, user?

There's a reason why more and more BMWs are FWD and the reason is that it went from 70% buyers who want it for the technical advantages to 70% normies who buy it for the brand and don't even know the differences between FWD and RWD

The worst are the soccer moms that get their husbandus to buy them M series SUVs, and then fly that shit over speed bumps, ride on peoples asses, wash it using automatic car washes don't maintain fluid levels, use cheaper than premium gas, etc, etc

Why the fuck are they even getting the M series variation?

>BMW
>FWD
Name me one.

2 series active tourer minivan

OK, name me another.

The next 1series.

Lol

yeah, funny how times change and how values get thrown under the bus when it fits

e34 m60 keyholder
It's the car, man. I mean, I never gave two shits about cars or racing, man. I used to drive a fucking Kia Spectra for fucks sake, and I was pleased about it. But I beat the ever loving shit outta that stupid hunk of German metal, and I had to replace near everything outside the engine, but it taught me so much.
I mean, I jump to see Le Mans if I can, I've got GT and Forza on my vidyashelf, I'm lookin for "rares" in my area to snap a pic of... It was that car, man.

not that guy, but as a bmw fan being this BTFO hurts.

nah, bmw is very image-marketing right now

people who buy new bmws are like that
people who buy older golden-age bmws either
1) are poor and want to look rich
or
2) are bmw nerds like myself who spend way too much on their cars

yeah, they're doing their best to forget about those ads

Does it apply to manual BMW owners? I really want to buy an 09-10 335xi because it seems like a real winner performance wise. I really don't care about the badge.

Most expensive-ish car owners use automatic car washes. They just don’t care and the cars are most likely leased.

What's wrong with auto car washes?

you'll have the same amount of fun in a is350 but with less headache.

Enjoy your scratched paint. Back in the day they also used to devour antennas, but now most cars don’t even have those .

Just looked it up, very nice suggestion. But finding a manual trans looks like it'll be pretty tough. Any performance mods I could do with the is350

>If you want to impress you get a cadillac
maybe if you want to impress tyrone but everyone else with think you're an old man

How would owning a lexus impress Tyrone that doesn't even make sense

What the fuck are you even saying?

What is reading comprehension?

This.
&
This.
go on bimmerforums, it's a mix of characters
Veeky Forums is not the place to discuss our love for this brand

Honestly, you could probably make a decent convo with any BMW owner on the side of the road, if you're one yourself. and the circumstances & situation is right.

I had one as a first car since my dad had too many cars at one point and wasn't driving it, wasn't really a choice for a first car. I drove normally, shit made 180hp and was a heavy chassis so I didn't bother driving like an ass, there were drivers that treated me like an ass like Civic drivers thinking I'd race them at a stop light. I did have a few BMW douche moments due to me being a new driver and panicking when I made a mistake early on.
We kinda did have a BMW general but it kinda died down like the S-Chassis general. There are guys here that own them but Veeky Forums is now full of dank memes and shitposting nowadays.

When own an expensive car it feels like you payed a premium and thus should own more privilege on the road.

>you could probably make a decent convo with any BMW owner on the side of the road

Absolutely.

>have BMW E28
>just leaving gfs place
>about to pull out onto road
>car pulls onto road
>it's a slightly modded E30
>see him look over the car, smile then give me a thumbs up
>thumbs up back

I've also had a few other BMW guys walk past and say how nice condition it is or how it's their favorite model.

Those asshole drivers everyone memes about though? All people that have base model E46s or modded E36s.

they eat people

Scratches and swirls the clearcoat - basically ruins the exterior of the car.

Basically after one machine wash you'll have to polish the car to get the swirls out.

before

I like E46
Are they like the german ae86

Science has been writing papers about the low IQ, inability to integrate into society and overall disposition to disorder and tribal behavior for centuries. Whether it is due to genetics or environment and up bringing is still a matter of debate and will likely be so for some time to come.

No, that would be the E30
E36/46 are kinda like the Supra of Europe

Base toyota supras 86-92 looked nice, just like the E46! But thank your for that input

They're like that anyway.

However, the lobotomy they give you after you sign the paperwork? THAT is what makes a BMW driver a BMW driver. They give it to the salesmen and mechanics as well.

The German AE86 is the BMW 2002
Actually it's the AE86 before the AE86 was even made
youtube.com/watch?v=z1qjbhYD_Jc

very nice history lesson thanks

Did he died

they do now lol. what a back-cuckery. soccermom money can make you do crazy shit. even if you are bmw.

This.

Rabbits are obviously AWD. Is BMW even trying?

Where do you live where car washes still physically touch your car?

no, but he must be sick af

Rabbits are RWD, You can tell as soon as you put them on a slippery surface. Horses are technically RWD too as most of their power comes fro the rear legs.

Your mom is rwd too, I can tell when I put my cock in her ass lol

Drive my bonestock 325i likes it's a Ferrari everyday

Does that mean you drive like a homo?

How do you enjoy that reverse gear senpai

>MW gives people who know what it is an heir of superiority similiar to listening to indie-music.
that would imply that BMW cars are not shit

BMW motorad is the only thing worth a salt.

I owned an 07 335i and had it tuned (juice box). Fucking awesome performance but the cars are very expensive to fix.

>water pump breaks on my nissan shitbox
$150 plus 1 hour of my time

>water pump broke on my BMW
$600 for parts (from a cheap online dealer) and 5 hours of labor because it's at the bottom of the fucking car

You will never get all the shit off without some sort of contact.

learn to hand wash your car correctly

Show me ONE is350 manual, I'm pretty sure there aren't any in the us. The is250 yes but I don't think there are any is350

>rabbits and horses are RWD

you mean HLW, hind leg walk

>car is covered in salt
>40 below outside
>"Just hand wash it dude"

>boo hoo I live in some frozen shithole and I'm afraid to take care of my car

Just accept the fact that your paint is going to look like shit.

>Supras of europe
thanks for making me feel a bit special though mine runs like shit for a 6 cylinder

>being this autistic about paint

>80 in a 50 zone

>honking

Idiots that have their hands in these positions are the biggest fucking faggots

>left thumb steering
>speeding

Fuck this guy

Oh, you mean just like people in any expensive brand like Lexus, Mercedes, and Cadillac?

>lexus
>cadillac
Kek
might as well mention Audi lmao

it's a Twingo!

I own a 06 525i
replacing the valve cover gasket, thermostat and air filter cost me $200 total
gotta love yuropoor repair costs

Some of them are ignorant douchebags so they buy a BMW. Some of them but the BMW and become ignorant douchebags.

This.
I haven't seen one of those here in at least 5 years

That's objectively false and I don't even like BMW.

The only FWD 1 series is the one made just for China.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_Series_(F52)
The rest are AWD/RWD
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_Series_(F20)
I know I'm late here but thought I'd clarify that

People don't change so it's the latter

The 'Mini'?

Neither rabbits nor horses have wheels, user.

Shit, this is my dad. I used to think he was just too chatty but I guess BMW is just one of those brands that's like a club.

as a yuropeen i can confirm, bmw drivers are total bro's on the road