How do you hold the steering wheel?

How do you hold the steering wheel?

>10 and 2 here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L104LViQeIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

12 and gear shift. Bad habit I know.

Most of the time I tend to hold it at 10 with my left hand and just kind of keep the index finger and thumb of my right at 5 o'clock. Never seen anyone drive like this so I feel kind of bad.

bad for what? i do that all the time. never had an accident in almost 10 years of driving

if your airbag goes of for any reason you will punch yourself in the face at the speed of a bullet, broken hand, broken face.

hope you don't have an airbag
you shouldn't rest your hand on the gearshift. it will cause you to wear out your shift fork fingers and synchro sleeve.

what the fuck

this is how fat people hold the wheel

I thought 10 and 2 was the standard? How is that bad with an airbag?

>you shouldn't rest your hand on the gearshift. it will cause you to wear out your shift fork fingers and synchro sleeve.
I really wish faggots like you would go away

Btw guys, don't drive your car. Particles will eat away at the paint

10 and 2, unless I got a bird in the passenger seat, in that case only my left hand is on the wheel and it hovers between 7 and 5, or occassionally 11 and 1, because girls don't wanna fuck some dude that drives like a white guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=L104LViQeIw

hurr im retard so i rest my hand on shifter because DURR thats a wear item anyway, i mean who gives a fuk if it wears out quicker than it should, and while im at it i should leave my foot on the clutch because fuck clutch wear

fat fuck here
I throw it around like how your dad does with your mom

Sorry fag, but this is 100% true, the lateral pressure WILL wear out the fingers and synchro. This is like driving a manual 101 dipshit.

I hold it at the 6 or 10 when shifting gears depending on if I'm turning or not. 8 and 4 while cruising down the highway.

at 9.
or 12.

9 and 3 is more comfortable for me.

except it DOESN'T. Unless you're a retard who is literally keeping it on the edge and putting pressure in any direction but down

When the air bag deploys your hands are between the force of an explosion and your face. 10 and 2 was the old way to hold a steering wheel, now nine and three is taught. nine and three is also how they teach you to hold the wheel in driving schools. just look at race car drivers, none do 10 and 2.

left hand @ 7/8 with elbow on door armrest for max comfy

9 & 3 when i gotta go fast

never place my right hand on the shifter because i'm literally more concerned with someone calling me out for resting my hand on the shifter instead of wearing out the shift forks

You physically cannot put pressure just down. Its a fucking lever at an angle riding on a ball you dumbass. Even the slightest amount of lateral pressure that your fat arm can't perceive is multiplied due to, you know, being a fucking lever.

Whatever, wear out your transmission you lazy fuck. Automatics are made for people like you.

Funny I've been driving like that for many thousands of miles and I've never had to fix a tranny

but yeah keep regurgitating every urban myth you hear

Stupid people are always blissfully unaware of how stupid they really are.

whew, thousands of miles. hold on guys we have an expert teenager here to teach us about driving a manual

its not a myth dumbass. ask any mechanic, or maybe even google it. in time, you run the chance of you fork and synchro going bye bye. get back to me in a few years and tell me how well your fat mans arm rest has worked out for you.

do what you want, but don't spread your ignorance.
kek

guarantee this guy is also the type who downshifts by slipping the clutch because rev matching is an "urban myth"

>hey cletus, did y'all hear dat resting yer hand on that there shifter MUTILATES the transmission, ah-hyuk?
>well sheeittt Ron, better tell everyone since ur one o' them slick community college fellers

holy shit you still post here?

>too stupid to understand the irony of his own post
okay cletus

Are you me?

sortof, i took a 3 year break from shitposting but i couldnt stay away because i would wake up at night needing to shitpost

>haha ur so stupid man like i can't even explain it
>i'm so right and you're so wrong xD

Right on faggot.

I already said the lateral pressure wears out the shifter fork fingers and sleeve of the synchro. eventually your car will pop out of gear.

how god damned ignorant are you? oh wait, you've literally driven thousands of miles. didn't realize I was talking to an expert here.

I do something similar, right on 2 and the left arm on the rest with the index and thumb on like 8 or 9

I put my right hand right on the middle of the wheel so that when the airbag deploys it fucking shatters my arm

Who 4 & 6 master race here?

7 & 5. sometimes just 6.

gotta rest my arms on my legs. 9 & 3 is only when I have to squeeze in a narrow area or something

Left hand on 10
Right hand on my emergency brake making it look like I drive a manual.

12 and 6 master race

5 and 7 for me user

Knee at 6

7'o clock when in normal driving mode no exceptions, 9 and 3 when in serious/race mode

This

I keep my right hand on the thing you use to pull the car from P into R into D and then back into P.

what do when turning?

my dad holds the steering wheel like that.
It slightly annoys me.

I haven't seen this meme in a long time.

>Right hand on my emergency brake making it look like I drive a manual

Fuck, I'm so glad I'm not the only one

But I also like to get my skidz in so I guess it's not total posery

>ctrl+f 8&4
>zero results

>urban myth
dude a lever is a simple machine and well understood. he's right, just accept that he's more careful than you and move on.

9 and hand on leg/shifter if driving casually

3 and 9 if in heavy traffic or on the togue

hey, there, fatty fatty fat fat, fatty fatty fat

retard. learn about cars or neck you are self

8 and 4 is objectively correct.

who else here just 5 o'clock?

10 with the arm resting on the window

I always like to keep my hand at 13:37.

While reading through this thread, some of these posts made me think that you people are fucking retarded, like this one for example Then I remembered that Amerifats drive on the left side of the car.

>driving weeb cars

Use both knees and the e-brake.

9 and 3, 10 and 2, just 10

in order from hektik to max comfy

if im one handing, then left hand anywhere from 7 to 11

if both hands, then 2&10

if im smoking while driving like a cunt, then right hand on 3

I rest my left arm on the side of the car, holding the steering wheel at 9, and rest my right arm on my lap, holding the steering wheel at 5. This way I can always switch gearsticles quickly.

With my knees of course. How else can I hold my stubbie and Chiko roll?

Sometimes 10 & 2, sometimes 7 & 2

reading comprehension, dumbo

make sure you don't walk beneath any ladders on the way home, doublenigger

Well, if I'm cruising, I go with my left arm resting on the windowsill and right arm at 12. I pretty much exclusively drive with the window down, even on the freeway.

When I gotta go fast I switch to 9 and 3

You guys have fat as fuck hands or what? I rest my hand on my shifter and nothing has ever happened. Any wear is trivial. However, all that weight hanging off your body , is not.

>tfw ebrake under dash

8 and penor

Usually just 9 and gear shift. Sometimes I drive with the left hand at 3 and gear shit and the other hand in my pocket during miserable start-stop traffic.

kek

that's what I've been trying to say

unless you're actively putting your weight on it, nothing will happen.

Yah right now I'm putting my hand on the shifter and it doesn't even depress .. wear my ass

I put my palm(s) on where the horn symbol is, and rest my fingers on the top of the middle part of the wheel.

I can still turn pretty easily, and I can honk my horn at retarded drivers with extreme ease.

I do the same thing, especially for long drives. Left hand at 10 and right hand basically on my lap with my hand at 5.

alone: 9 and 3
w/ wife: 9 and tits

>528i
>M on sterring wheel

but why?

there is m-sport trim or m-package or some shit

10 and shift knob, which is weird because [spoiler] it's automagic [/spoiler]

i wish new car steering wheels were 4 spoke, not T shaped 3 spoke

I poke my dick between the spokes of the steering wheel and gyrate with my hips. It's not the most comfortable on long trips because you have to stay fully erect for hours, but it is the most precise and safe method.

anyone else doing picrelated here?

90% like this, 10% at six

my right hand is on standby for the knob, and is generally useless for steering. even when I drive a friends auto I go one handed

Right hand on 5 or 4 with left hand on leg

thanks m8 seeing that made me feel better today.

I hold it at 4-5 usually.

9 and 3 because race car

9 and the seat head rest to my right.

literally me, same car

Anyone else left arm at 3 right arm at 9?

5 and nothing, with my right elbow on the center console.

>because I can't SEE anything moving or happening it means there absolutely aren't tiny pieces of hardware that are interconnected and can be damaged/worn down from slight amounts of constant pressure

are you by any chance an american?

Both wrists resting at 12, rollie in left, loose tobacco in right, filter in mouth. Use knees to complete lane changes.

I'm still in the habit of keeping my hand on the e-brake from when I drove manuel