>>64729624

Why and when did European/Christian women stop covering their head?

1 Corinthians 11:6

"For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head."

Other urls found in this thread:

bible.org/question/what-does-head-covering-1-cor-11-refer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know

I wish for you knowledge, my friend.

Don't know, but I'm glad this shit practice only exists amongst the shitskins now

They don't always, some women at my (Catholic) church wear a veil and it isn't a particularly traditional parish. More traditional Orthodox and Catholic women will wear a hat or a headscarf. In the Catholic Church it isn't required by canon law any more and no one really talks about it.

Back in the day men and women prayed on different sides of the church, but today only the most traditional Catholic and Orthodox churches follow that rule.

It probably has to do with secularism and the sexual revolution, but to be honest most western women today probably just don't know. I think it's good practice, but perhaps it's more a recommendation than a necessity.

I would guess after the second World War.
Females used to wear hats or scarfs.
The old ladies that now make up the remnants of their generation cover their head.

And who are you to go against The Lord G'd? Our women have lost their way, it would only be healthy to reintroduce traditionalist morals to them. No rebuttals of it since it is scripture too.

old grannies where i live still cover their heads with a scarf thats smaller than what you have there in the picture, but still

bible.org/question/what-does-head-covering-1-cor-11-refer

Five seconds on google.

1 Corinthians 13-15 details on this more.

In 1 Corinthians 15, it states that a woman's hair is her covering.

Because the fundamental principle of Christianity is to not actually do any of those pesky ritual laws that are inconvenient, painful, or difficult, while still pretending they can acquire salvation in a pseudo-Jewish framework.

Jesus never said so it's not required. Paul can fuck off.

It's about hair. In those days only prostitues and adulterers had shaved hair.
He was basically saying, don't look like prostitues.

>G'd

Do you think this will trick the big guy into not realising what you're saying? Why not just say God? The Bible wasn't written in English anyway, it's not like G-o-d is the original/'real' word.

A short summary on the history of Hijab: most people (even Muslims) don't know that the purpose of introducing Hijab as a rule in Islam, was NOT modesty, but to distinguish free women from concubines. At that point of history, people did not have toilets inside their houses, so women who wanted to defecate or urinate had to go out in the night, and in many occasions they were sexually harassed or raped because men claimed that in the dark they cannot distinguish free women from salve women (beautiful story!) so free women were ordered to cover their heads so they can be recognized!

>In 1 Corinthians 15, it states that a woman's hair is her covering.

> Read 1 Corinthians 15
> Absolutely nothing about hair or head coverings

>It's about hair. In those days only prostitues and adulterers had shaved hair.

Pic related is from a brothel in Pompeii. Does that hair look shaved?

I'm 997
I'm only talking about how I interpreted it years ago. There's more to it like how a woman's head is the man just like the family's head is the man or a kingdom's head is the king.
Also, you're confusing Pompeii with Corinth. It's like saying whatever people do in Beijing is what people also do in Shanghai. Add to the fact the history of greeks before Rome where were fairly isolated nation-states that had their own culture, that makes the two places that much more different.

>I'm 997

What were the middle ages like, senpai?

>I would guess after the second World War.
>Females used to wear hats or scarfs.
Those were fashionable/functional, but they didn't generally wear them indoors.

O boy, it's another "user writes out his historical sexual fantasies and passes them off as facts"-episode

I meant I'm this Kek
>ywn be a monk dedicating his life to the study of the lord because your forgot the exams were today and you sleeped in
Feelsbadman

my orthodox grandma still wears it, my guess is 30s in western europe/cities and 70s in eastern europe.

That verse is about prayer and worship, if you care to read the preceding verse. It's not an injunction for her to cover her head outside of church (although that is considered more humble).

Neither do most muslim women

Because christians don't want to look like terrorist like in your pic

Earliest known use of had coverings is from ancient Assyria. They were used to tell married women and noble women apart from whores, slaves and unmarried women.

Punishment for not following these rules were 50 lashes.

Punishment for not reporting a women who broke these laws was 50 lashes

Hijabs/Burkas originated from a traditional background, they have nothing to do with religion whatsoever

I saw an old lady wearing one once, and I thought it looked cute.

I guess it's just not fashionable.

>>I guess it's just not fashionable.
it is not since liberals and libertarians have gained powers from christians and monarchs and the veil is too explicit as a submission for liberals to accept it

it is too bad since it protects the hair from pollution and sun.

>it is too bad since it protects the hair from pollution and sun.
maybe you should wear one :^)

I wish mantillas would go back into fashion.

They often still do in conservative Presbyterian churches. Orthodox churches too.