/acg/ - Armored Core General - Can't grill without the thread dying edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Two can be as bad as one

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>It's the loneliest number since the number one was

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWE1Tls_DEE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reporting.

going out for some snacks, DONT FUCKING DIE.

Vass you lied to me.
You told me Mellowlink was only okay.
Screw you, man. Mellowlink is dope.

Oh, I keep forgetting to ask, but does anyone have good pictures of the Cornelius Archibald legs?

bump

any 360 VD/FA players out there? I'm lonely.

me

I suck at FA though, I prefer playing VD. Haven't been online in a little while though, no idea who is playing anymore.

>playing AC Nexus for the first time
>that "remove special forces" mission
I beat it on the first try, but I was almost starting to sweat. Not being able to play in first person AND having my FCS rendered unusable is not fun.

The Armored Core lore seems pretty interesting. I can't wait to beat Nexus and play Last Raven even if it will kick my shit in.

Also is it just me or Dark Souls is actually modeled after the Armored Core lore? I can sort of see some parallels between the great destructions and the cycles of the age of fire (humans can live on the planet's surface) and dark (humans are relegated to the underground).

If that's the mission I think it is, the briefing should have had some sort of warning about that, probably calling it ECM. Resistance to ECM is determined by your head and can be improved with a back-mounted radar.
Or you could go with rockets and a machine gun. Spread is pretty helpful when you can't lock.
In a very loose sense. Very, very loose.
>the surface was uninhabitable but then the grand revolution happened and now it's inhabitable but dicks are trying to ruin that
And that's about the only connection I can make. Well, except for the Kojima Particle connection.

If that part is in the briefing I must've missed it (and even if I didn't I wouldn't have spent money on parts given how you don't get back all of your dosh if you sell the parts). I don't like the Armored Core briefings though, especially because you can't see the area's map and information about the enemy is vague if not inexistent even in cases where the employer supposedly knows exactly what is going on. Nexus seems to be the worst at that so far.

>And that's about the only connection I can make
What about the storytelling, with the lore being in emails and item descriptions? The protagonist never talking and taking on enemies that are increasingly more powerful, to the point that you're taking on "gods"?

>the Kojima Particle connection
Please explain.

Yo my man let me get that friend request we could do some coop or free battles or something. I think most here are on PS3.
GT: GhostofHulud

I just got off a while ago, I'll add you tomorrow.

That's a similarity in delivery, but not a similarity in substance.

Okay so, Kojima Particles. If you've played 4th gen AC, you know what they look like. If not, this mission should give you a good idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=YWE1Tls_DEE
Isn't it strange how similar it looks to souls?

>Kojima Particles

for a second when I first heard that, I thought Metal gear Solid was making a crossover. Was kinda excited too.

Is very loose, you also need to consider how both games develop their stories, on AC, you are living and directly affecting the major conflict of the moment, working for key people, or killing them, you get all the info as missions reports, emails and dialogue, you switching sides constantly, and you basically drive the direction of the war at some point, just because you are that good.

Meanwhile on DS, usually everthing already happened, and you are just clearing all the mess, all the importants persons are death or crazy enough that they cant act anymore, if someone is sane, it lost his/her powers or something stop them to truly affect the outcome of the situation, or they just simple dont care enough to move a finger, there is almost no population left to save, and while they player knows what is going by the items descriptions, can you say the same for the Player character? I doubt he find little notes attached to everthing he finds, specially since a lot of stuff he recovers are from corpser that clearly die in a horrific way.

I would say that there is some common elements, like the player character being a relative normal person (even a undead dont seem to be that different from a human in terms of body, capabilities and abilities, aside from "goes crazy over time" and cant die from age) that somehow just manage to defeat everthing by using standard equipment and skill, you always get a friend/allie that is loyal to you (most of the time) on AC is the operator and on DS is the lady that helps you to level up and watch over the local safe place, you never get a piece of special armor/core or weapon meant to you in the sense of "you are chosen one and only you can use it", and the player is always a new face on the whole thing, you are recently new mercenary in the scene or a undead that was just revived or free from some place.

>Armored Core X Metal gear

I wonder how would that play out.

Armored Core?

AP at 10%

Don't forget a hole in the wall

>not boosting up that hallway

Shameful display.

5 AM bump and all's well.

Pendragon, everything ain't "all's well." I got a feeling in my bones there's gonna be an archive any minute.

How is MAV's development coming along?

Bump

Zinaida is still a shit

Hey.
Screw you.
The latest I can find is that there's a beta. That was back in May.

How should I tune the parts in AC Nexus? For example, is it better top increase a generator's output or its energy cap? Can you reset the tuning?

Cooling on everything except generators.
For generators, crap if I know. I always lean toward capacity, but there are good reasons to go for output.
Resetting tuns in Nexus is pretty awful. So, you have to pay money to tune, and then you sell the part, rebuy it, and that gets rid of all the tuning points. Then you have to pay more money to tune it again. Ninebreaker and Last Raven make it much easier, you can freely move the points around without having to buy or sell and tuning is free.

>Cooling on everything except generators.
Do heat inducing attacks really get so bad later on? Also leg weight improvement and arm accuracy isn't worth it? Also if you increase output the energy bar should recharge faster, right? And yeah the resetting tuning part sounds pretty bad.

Well, with that attitude it's almost a certainty.

Pls respond

>VD story missions are conveniently listed in order and with rankings on display if you check them from the player data menu
>I can now easily find the missions that I need to S rank without clicking through each continent at random
Why did I never know about this feature? Why does From always hide shit like this and make their games needlessly complicated?

That shit was only on V

bump

It's in VD too. Check player data, there's a thing in it called mission information or something like that.

forgot to quote, I mean about the
>without clicking through each continent at random

IS the PS2 VOTOMS game exclusively about Chirico or can you also play as other characters such as Fyana or Mellowlink?

If Vass drops in, he can tell us. Might be a while, though. I might have time to actually turn on my PS3 this weekend, so I'll try my luck.
But man, I will cream my pants if it lets you play as Mellowlink.
The big issue is that heat from Nexus to Last Raven actively drains your energy and lowers your output instead of only lowing output like from 2-SL. That'll get you killed faster than anything. You also have to account for your booster heat and your energy weapons, which makes it all the more precarious. It's not that the other stats aren't useful, but rather that having a big buffer for heat is more important.

Bump

someone please talk to me about deep sea fish

From little I played of the game you can use something akin to Mellowlink's rifle. That said I didn't play the game much because I don't know japanese.

user. Joshua O'brien. Hold out just a little longer. Thread bump is on the way.

Bump

Adding onto this, pretty much every weapon in Nexus causes heat, and getting beaten down left and right will kill you, even with sufficient cooling.

>that heat from Nexus to Last Raven actively drains your energy and lowers your output instead of only lowing output like from 2-SL
So that's why my energy was going to shit in that revolution disc mission.

Does that also apply to enemy ACs or just to the player?

>Does that also apply to enemy ACs or just to the player?
Nah. Every AC has human+. Nobody else has to play by the rules.

>Every AC has human+
WHY. That shit was bad enough in AC1. Was From expecting the Armored Core players to be either total shitters that purposefully blow up the generators for getting the jijirium treatment or autists that use excel or other spreadsheets for minmaxing builds with no inbetween anyway?

No no no, only the upper echelon has it in Nexus. And yes, they're all subject to heat, even if the PLUSers are less subject to it.
In Last Raven, there are only, like, four Ravens that don't have PLUS. Out of, what, 70?

Speaking of Last Raven: in case I'm masochist to the point I try to play it, should I import the saves from just Nexus or would you suggest playing also Ninebreaker? I keep hearing that it's not that good.

just import from Nexus, it will give you some peace on the first couple of missions, unless you do the Distribution Center Recon first.

Well, Ninebreaker really isn't very good.
However.
It introduces a handful of new parts, quite a few of which are really nice. More importantly, some of those parts are a real pain in the balls to unlock in Last Raven.
So you can totally skip it if you want and just import your Nexus data, but getting all the parts in Ninebreaking and then transferring that is its own relief.

What exactly is so bad about Ninebreaker?

Bump

Most of it is that it's really dull. The game is a giant training simulator with an arena stapled to it. The arena has some interesting fights, but 80% of the training just isn't interesting. The last 20% is really fun, though. Kind of throws everything you've been learning at you and they almost feel like actual missions.
That said, playing Ninebreaker to completion will make you a lot better at these games. It's just kind of a slog.
Oh, and it also has the #1 ultimate trigger for the nuts of the series. Those who have suffered it dare not speak its name.

>#1 ultimate trigger for the nuts of the series.
>2017 E3
> AC6 trailer
> Ends with a close up of the #1 ultimate trigger

Just imagine the reactions that could cause with the old fans.

>Those who have suffered it dare not speak its name

I must know, tell me it's name.

Oh, I dare not speak it.

C'mon, mate, share.

All right, first thing's first:
TRIGGER WARNING: PTSD, rage, general unhappiness, Ninebreaker.
Proper Distance 4

Ok, what's so bad about it?

Describing it can only go so far. In text, it doesn't sound so bad, but then you play it and want to die.
So the proper distance simulators are all about keeping your AC a specific distance from a target. If you get too close, you're penalized. If you're too far away, penalized. The target is small and moves around, sometimes pretty erratically. There are small walls all over the place, about shin-height to a midweight biped. Tall enough that going over them is a hassle, but short enough to make you want to try it. Not that you have a choice, you basically need to go over them.
1 has one target.
2 speeds up the target.
3 is where the pain starts.Now the target gets a grenade launcher. You know, the kind that stuns you if you get hit. You're almost guaranteed to get penalized when that happens.
4 brings it back up to speed while it still has the grenade launcher. Oh, did I mention that it double taps with the grenades? It double taps. And the target LOVES darting about at wild and unpredictable speeds. It's not uncommon for you to dodge the grenade shots only for it to suddenly rush straight at you for a penalty.
From what I remember, you fail at four penalties. You have to go for a minute and a half.

Yikes.

>Trigger

I swear I read that as Nigger.

>there are people who had trouble with Proper Distance 4

When you fight Final Zinaida with nothing but a blade, then you can complain about a game being too hard