Is it a meme?

Is it a meme?

They have a few things I like a lot, I'm sure it's just 2 cents of liquids with a cool sticker but until someone spells out how to make every specific cleaner I'll buy some things from them here and there. Really like Nonsense for interior cleaning.

Citrus Wash and Shine is possibly the cheapest bestest soap out there.

Some of their items are good, however an equal amount of their items are snake-oil gimmick tier that don't work at all or are a waste of money. Really, just read the reviews on amazon before you buy their stuff so you don't get swindled

>Citrus Wash and Shine is possibly the cheapest bestest soap out there.
Yeah stuff is solid actually and won't break the average yuropoor's bank

From my experience with their products
>most of their soaps are the same thing, just relabled and scented differently but out of those Citrus Wash and Shine is priced well, Mr. Pink and Honeydew are good if you have a foam gun or foam cannon, and their Clean Slate wax and seal stripper works surprisingly well
>Hybrid V7 is in my opinion one of the better spray detailers I have used, just buy it in bulk it's overpriced to buy in single bottles
>their foam cannons/foam guns are of good quality
>their actual clay bars are very nice, come in a variety of weights and work well
>their towels are mediocre at best but still better than stuff you can buy at like vatozone or something

the bad

>a lot of their higher end paste waxes are total snake oil and you're better off with something else
>their glazes do work, but glazes are a joke anyway
>do not, and I mean DO NOT fall for the synthetic clay meme, their synthetic clay bars and mitts are a total joke; they literally disintegrate and leave behind parts of the 'clay' when you rub it on your paint and it's a pain in the ass to get off safely
>their heavy duty 'degreaser' is a total joke based on reviews
>their wheel cleaner and wheel gel doesn't work unless you're autistic and completely clean + seal your wheels every month

that's about all I can think of off the top of my head, hope that helps anyone thinking about purchasing their stuff

nonsense is an amazing cleaner, i primarily use it around the house.

but I have heard bad things about their air fresheners, like how they smell likes chemicals after a while and it can eat through paint

I just use innerclean, nonsense, that horsehair brush and honeydew

Agree with you on non-sense, when I first tried it I felt like it wasn't all that strong but the longer I had it around I kept finding really nice uses for it
>cleaned pedals of car with it
>use it to clean vinyl trim
>use it to clean my shoes
>use it to clean carpet

Just use meguiars and be done with it

I have a CG wash mitt and a bunch of microfiber towels and have no problems with any of them.

I bought their polishing pad set and polishing compound set and they have worked pretty well too for paint correction.

I cleaned the leather seats in my car with it and it removed all the body oil and everything else and removed that shine caused by it

brought it back to their matte finish and now the seat grips me better and are much softer

If you don't mind me asking what pad, compound and polish did you use, and for what degree of correction? I've got some light swirls and love marks I'm looking to take out of my paint and I have the same kit as you; just haven't got around to using it yet.

I was thinking white pad + V36 then stepping down a pad and using V38 to finish it off

>Nonsense
I like that stuff so much I bought the gallon concentrate of it.

>Citrus Wash
I like this stuff, too.

I've also found Silk Shine lasts a long time on rubber/vinyl/plastics.

the only thing i bought from them was the TORQ DUAL ACTION POLISHER. i might buy a few polishing pads from them in the future but i like meguiars for most of my stuff. i enjoy watching their videos though

Keep in mind that every car has different paint, and my car has some of the softest paint I've ever encountered. Basically you pick a panel, strip the wax, clay it, and then just start trying shit.

I'd say white/V36 is a good starting point, but depending on the results you may need to switch up to a green/V34 or possibly even orange and V32 or V34 depending on how hard the paint is and how deep the swirls go. Basically after a couple passes you wipe it all off with microfiber clothes and look at it closely with a light, when the swirl marks are perfectly uniform, then you've gotten rid of the initial swirls and can start working your way up. If the original swirls are still visible, you need something stronger.

If you're wetsanding touch up painted spots or a shitty respray or something like that, wetsand with 3M sandpaper and lubricant (I use Meguiar's quick detailer but soapy water works fine too, ONLY use 3M sandpaper, bad sandpaper is how you fuck yourself). I start at 2000 with a block, then move up to 3000 wrapped around one of those 1/2" thick foam blocks, then move to the yellow pad with V32 and work my way up from there.

And again, all paint is different. The red pad with V38 compound leaves tiny tiny micro marring on my black car that you can only see with a bright light from a few inches away, but on my buddies blue Civic the orange pad with V34 left a finish that I couldn't find anything wrong with.

And don't under any circumstances use a rotary buffer, you'll fuck yourself over with one of those. A DA buffer is really hard to fuck up with so until you really know what you're doing, stick with that.

This ended up being way longer than I expected.

Also pic related, somebody resprayed my B-pillars very poorly so I wetsanded and buffed it using the Chemical Guys pads and compound.

hey thanks for the response, my dude I appreciate it

I've got a TORQ random orbital, so I'm fine there and the car has already been stripped of wax, washed and clayed it's just sitting ready for compounding and polish. I've read a good deal about paint correction and watched many tutorials out there but your post made it a lot more clear as to what I should expect

As for color and paint hardness, it's a white S2000 and the swirls/love marks look pretty light. I've got a green pad and all the necessary compound levels so I think I'll just start trying shit like you said if my initial plan with white V36 doesn't cut it (pun unintended)

thanks again

Actually, they have atleast 4-5 things that are extremely well, and i always make sure to have it around. Just like with all car care brands, they have like a fuckton of things which basically do the same thing, and a lot of those things are like just made to sell more. That said I use a yellow carnauba wax from meguiars which is really good, other than that its chemical guys.
>blue streak free window clean
>green clean interior spray
>silk shine dressing (this is the shit senpai)
>pink soap

I'll stick with what works.

I like Jet Seal and their grape juice air freshener spray.

Some of their items are okay, their channel is fucking mega-aids.

AMMONYC, however, is expensive god-liquids that I'd buy just to put my penis in. Ammo skin is magic. It's just 40 dollars a drop.

To be honest, the majority of liquid products throughout the entirety of the market are manufactured by the same companies, and just sold with different labels/bottles/dyes and in some cases fragrances--however, the formulas are pretty much exactly the same.

This is how these industries work. They find out the big papa manufacturer, who generally offers "white label" or "private label" services, and you, as a distributor can simultaneously work with manufacturers of unique bottles and labels, have them sent to the chemical manufacturer, and they will bottle their product in your custom bottles, or their own generics and slap on the custom label. So, then really it just comes down to unique branding and marketing techniques. AMMO has a more 'adult', and 'mature' approach, which is also reflected in their products (less or no fragrance, less or no dyes), and their branding, while Chemical Guys has a more 'youthful' and 'hip' type of product and branding. But really, they're virtually the same damn product, in most cases.

Just don't get set on specific brands.

>t. someone who deals with this kind of shit

>Life Style

What do you guys think of AMMO products? Are they really as good as everyone says they are?

very overpriced but they are not the most powerful thing out there but they don't claim to be

its as much cleaning power as you need, something you have to consider while working on old exotic cars

What about stuff like microfibres and wash mitts?

>add a couple of chemical guys products to my cart on amazon
>keep reading that i need x y and z products to properly use the ones i added
>go to check out
>$250 usd

kek fuck that

This user is correct. There are always exceptions and some products are better, but a vast majority are virtually the same and you are paying for marketing.

Their air fresheners (aside from Honeydew) are complete shit.

Jet seal is good, that's all i get from them

The new car one isn't bad, but it stinks the first day you spray it. I hate strong smelling air fresheners, I just want my car to smell like new again.

maybe their skin coating might be worth it but 70$ for rim coating or 100$ for a few spray chemicals not worth it

This is better

Protip for ya'll - if you want to know what the best product to use is, go to a place that does whatever you're trying to do professionally and see what they're using.

I.E. Tools, go visit a local repair shop

Flashlights, belts, holsters, pouches and shoes - go find a police supply store and see whats for sale on the racks

Power tools and equipment, go check out the local rental centers

Etc etc

Check out a local car detailer, you'll probably see things from brands you've never even heard of that will be cheaper and loads better than anything marketed towards joe 'home gamer' blow. Just be aware the chemical compositions in stuff that actually works will legitimately fuck you and your shit up in short order if you're not careful.

>pic related, a wheel cleaner that actually works

Look at ARDEX for detailing stuff, just take care to read up on what you're using.

Hell of a lot more microfiber manufacturers out there. Anything from small manufacturers to extremely large ones, with high commercial availability. You sort of get what you pay for--but just look into the actual specs, see if you can compare pile length and width (longer and skinnier is better,) with things like chenille pads, and try one or two of the towels out in person before ever buying bulk. You can generally tell good quality by touch alone, when feeling them out in person.

As far as mitts, there aren't nearly as many wool manufacturers out there, that make mitts. So, you're kind of stuck with having to pay higher prices for something that will quickly degenerate into a pile of wool, or cheapo synthetic mitts, which do have a lot of manufacturers, and therefore, far more options.

I bought some of their towels and I agree. Better than using terrycloth or those mini microfibers from the big box parts store, but there are better towels out there. I like their Citrus detergent too though.

I won a raffle and got a bunch of free bottles of their soap.