/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Used Untrue White Ring to trick the host:
>1.10 patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261608645322016043

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfrUsI5UV40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Basedlord Nito will rise again

>playing dark souls for the first time
>drank my fire keeper soul

should I restart? I'm 6 hours in. level 23..

Pyromancy is the easiest scaling school of casting in DaS2, if you specialize in any school then you will literally be almost at the soft cap for Pyromancy as well. The problem comes in that a lot of stuff can easily resist Fire damage, and the Black Knight weapons, which deal innate Fire damage, have Faith requirements so you can't use them on a Sorcery character.

It's not strictly necessary. There are others, and in the long run it won't make taat much a difference

Asking one last time, if anyone in DeS could drop 2 Chunks of Faintstone for me. I'm SL 58.

>SL23
6h? what have you been doing that took this long?

>woman ahead therefore lesser foe
i can't believe this one has evaded me for so long

It's not that big of an issue, but you're not going to waste a lot if you do restart

Why would they nerf rings/buffs so heavily in pvp?

that guy was doing it at SL50 for some reason

the buff meta in dark souls 2 was greatly disliked by the balancing team, so they reeled everything except weapon buffs back quite a few notches

Thanks
Dying in Undead burg 50 times trying to fight the main knight blocking the hallway
>lost like 30k souls dying

Also, I don't know what bosses I can even beat so I just avoid most that I can.

I suck at this game.

>have you beaten gargs?
I dont think so.. I got to blacksmith. thats about it.

Buffs were ridiculously overused both in 1 and 2 so they finally took a major dump on them and i'm glad, honestly. Less faggots to kite for a minute because their estoc can poke for a third of your lifebar.

>enchanted infusion
But that only gives you physical damage on weapons that already have magic damage, right? And those are hard to get
I recently checked out the MLGS and IIRC you can only get it on NG+2?

heh, you sound like me when I first played the game.
>play 1/4 of the game
>realize errors I made
>restart

But with duel charms it wouldn't really be necessary to nerf buffs right? It's not you have time to buff when you get invaded. Also annoying that quite a few rings become shit.

might as well start over then. this time you'll know where you need to go

Here are some tips:

1. Watch your stamina bar. Good stamina management is half the game.
2. Count the number of hits it takes to kill something
3. If you're thinking of taking a risk, don't. Back off. Regroup, think carefully.
4. Level up. Leveling up will increase your defense across the board no matter what you level up in, so leveling strength/dexterity
5. Clear everything behind you. Don't run past areas.
6. READ THE NUMBERS. Learn what they do. Check your math. This is a very numbers-heavy game.
7. Take it slow. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Avoid damage, block as much as you can, learn to kill enemies without taking hits. If you see enemies rushing at you, back away into a safer area.

duel charms are limited and in ds3 you can rebuff a shitload more times than in previous games because of faster animations, unfaltering prayer and FP system
they needed to gut damage too

fuck this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=bfrUsI5UV40
watch this video

just remember not to rest at any bonfires

This refugee tried to rush me. Send them back!

This is possibly one of my favourite edits of this picture.

>try arena once
>don't get a single hit off and just embarrass myself
>don't try arena anymore

So what's your excuse for playing in the 120 meta instead of 100?

You need more armor on your legs

i don't want to fight people 20 levels higher than me regularly

Try invasions
I'm not some gay waifufag

>not going to 80 to invade most NG PvE spots
100 is a dumb meta.

I have. Everyone I fight is worse than I am and it also makes me feel bad.
>they hide behind a shield and repetitively get guard broken until they die
forever a Malcolm in the middle shitter

>not playing in the 130 meta

80 and under is pretty great.

I'd like to have access to some of the gear and spells that need more investment but dealing with the people in those ranges isn't worth it.

>tfw the pee pants tryhard set is the only Trench coat in the whole game
The worst part is that it doesn't go with anything but itself. Why does it have to brown?

What did you just said you little shit

>Just had 2 duels in a row where people didn't chug their estus
So weird

>not sl90 to actually avoid 120s

I play 50-60 or stupid high SLs (180+)

they're the most fun in my experience

I bet you're excited about the desert sorceress set, you slut.

So guys this rolling corpseball in the DS3 Catacombs is pissing me the fuck off. Did this thing rustle anyone else's jimmies or am I just a retard?

Because meme chink man hates you

no
because 120 is for super try-hard faggots like myself

I use SL 90

Enchanted infusion gives you magic-scaling physical damage. So if you have an enchanted zweihander, it will be identical to a normal zweihander (pure physical, same damage) except it will have C scaling with INT instead of Str/Dex.

Blue Flame is an easy drop about 60-70% of the way through the game. It's 1H R2 casts spells and it can be buffed (which increases spell damage). Watcher GS is a boss soul weapon (NG). Sorceror's Twinblade and Ice Rapier are from the DLC. An early boss (Dragon rider) also gives you a few native magic weapons.

Also, you can use an item (bonfire ascetics) to move a single bonfire to NG+, which is how you get the Old Paledrake Soul for MLGS. Everything else you would want for a sorceror can be obtained without ascetics.

Also, if you don't know where to go, this path gets you most of the best sorceror's stuff in the game:

>Heide's Tower (dragonrider equipment)
>No Man's Wharf (spell merchant)
>Lost Bastille (2nd spell merchant + boss soul trader. Trade 4 souls to get the best magic armor)
>Sinner's Rise

>Unpetrify Rosabeth, go to Shaded Woods
>Shaded Woods (Lion Mage Cuffs)
>Door's of Pharros
>Brightstone Cove (Staff of Wisdom, + 2nd boss soul trader)

Then warp back to majula
>Huntsman's Copse (Soul Spear. 3rd spell/hex merchant. If your Int/Fth are at least 20/20, (you can respec with a soul vessel) you get the hexer hood)

Then do anything else you want until you can use an ascetic on Brightstone Cove for MLGS.

That puts you at about 40% done with the game but with all the best sorceror equipment unlocked.

You fucking bet I am

But not on this character though, this waifu is pure, I'll use it on my side sluts

Beats passive cancer duels. But honestly, the game is a singleplayer game with sone multiplayer tacked on. I mostly invade with my characters if I need to achieve ember form quick.

I wanna breed this cute girl!

d-d-d--d-d-d-dd-d-d-o you attend fcs?????

she looks quite thic

Isn't a hexer build still better? I mean, 30/30 INT/FTH puts me just 10 short of the INT soft cap so I should be able to do the whole enchanted infusion thing almost as well as a pure sorcerer, right?
And I can even go 40/40 and pretend it's a quality build, but for magic

>he is struggling to get to gargoyles
>LOL JUST RUN PAST THE CATACOMBS DOOD

Just because something is quick and overpowered to do doesn't make it easy.

>tfw have never actually played through DS1
>own Prepare to Die on PC

I should probably play it shouldn't I?

No

No reason not to

What are those pants?

Rate.

Also post the character you think will benefit the most from the DLC fashion

hoping for some dank skull armor

What's your excuse for playing at the try hard hipster level of 100 instead of the superior level of 50?

Is it confirmed?

Dindu Knight

What PvP SL level does /dsg/ prefer?

I think 50/70 is the most fun

>i literally cannot deal damage to lothric and lorian
>they're LITERALLY immune to dark damage

WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO MEMEAHACKI

yes

I didn't know better and now regret everything

I knew about the easy-peasy Pinwheel run for getting huge at the start of the game, but did NOT know about this. Fuck, Catacombs is so exploitable!

Is the Carthus Milkring based?

bandit's knife with rouge, the trusty backup weapon of hexers everywhere

Got a pyroflame as backup?

Is Pinwheel really that easy with a new character? I mean he was easy as fuck when I found him right before beating the game, but I would have expected him to be able to kill a newfag quickly.

Is millwood greatbow any good? I thought it might be fun to mix up my invading with it. Is either other greatbow better for some reason?

Kill the skellies with peasant hats and the balls will disintegrate.

You should buy titanite shards at the Blacksmith and upgrade your weapons. While the other guy is right about leveling up being useful, it's even more useful in my opinion to upgrade weapons at the start.

Sorceries have higher damage multipliers and spell castings with the exception of a few hexes (like climax and resonant weapon). Still better than hexes for PvE. Hexes are better once you reach Drangleic but get worse again for the DLC.

The differences between the two builds aren't really in the stats, but in the spell and item choices. Damage is going to be the same either way but the spells you use will vary a lot. You're heavily sacrificing spell damage below 50 INT or FTH since that's what the best catalysts have, that utility isn't really worth it.

For example, here's comparing the offensive base damage for each elemental type at 30/30 vs 50/5

Dark: 30/30: 530 Dark, 330 Magic, 358 Lightning
Magic: 50/5: 0 Dark, 514 Magic, 0 Lightning
Lightning: 5/50: 0 Dark, 0 Magic, 504 Lightning

For the same power, Lightning does the most against enemies weak to it (aka, ~half of the bosses), Sorcery does the most when you apply buffs and is the only one with physical options (enchanted), Dark does better in the other situations.

So by going dark, yes, you can cast SOME spells and SOME miracles (but not the best ones) and your damage is halved, even if you use 3 different casting tools for each one. If you're going to go dark, go pure hexer. There's no benefit trying to be a jack of all trades unless you're willing to go all the way to 50/50, but by then you're sacrificing tons of health and stamina for more casting options, which doesn't make sense.

First boss difficulty :
DS3 > DeS > BB > DaS1 > DaS2

it's the best greatbow by far. It has easier to meet reqs,does the most damage, and has a much more useful weapon art that the others.

Anywhere between 20-50. Early game/low level PvP is the most fun to me. I only have a couple characters around those levels, the rest I do take to 120 though, 130 for my Str/Fai build.

1) get to FLS
2) spend souls (just in case), restore humanity
3) run to where the guy jumps in that video
4) jump off again to below where you can see a summon sign
5) summon Paladin "I came to fuck skeletons" Leeroy
6) WAIT until he starts engaging bonewheels
7) (optional) do skill drop to bottom ledge to get priest gear + mace
8) hit Pinwheel's clones and dodge fireballs while Leeroy SMASHES the real one

Get DSFix, PvP Watchdog, and DSCM. DS1 is broken without mods.

best greatbow not only in game but entire franchise

Cute!!

>tfw pc drops frames hard when fighting Dancer

I wonder how Demon Prince ties into Izalith. Maybe he was their Christ figure before Lorian killed him.

Dead!

I don't have enough FP to cast vestiges more than twice LMAO

holy fuck hexes spoil the shit out of the game

if we consider Gascoigne as the first boss he's by far the hardest
Gundyr is actually the most balanced one and probably the perfect tutorial boss who teaches you what you should expect from the game in future.

I simply meant that 30/30 (or 40/40 if I'm willing to push it that far) is fine for melee weapons with some elemental or enchanted infusions
>Hexes are better once you reach Drangleic but get worse again for the DLC.
See that's the thing, I read that hexes become worse in the DLC but that they aren't nearly as utterly fucked as sorceries. Doesn't pretty much everything resist magic in the DLCs?
With a 30/30 hexer build you can choose between attacking enemies with dark spells or a dark infused weapon, pyromancy or a fire infused weapon, or a pure physical enchanted weapon
>Sorcery does the most when you apply buffs and is the only one with physical options (enchanted)
That's just not true, a split build will have almost the same damage on enchanted weapons, especially if you decide to go up to 40/40

No death, only cute!

he was probably a Lorian for demons, someone who can become their new king and had a strong chaos flame inside him
given that he survived all the way till the end of a world he is certainly a worthy successor for old demon king who lived for untold ages as well

>tfw don't want to give up buiild identity

s-someone please help me with homoprinces, ill spam dorhys' gnawing for bleedup

What does the blessed infusion actually do in DS3? Sorry if this should be apparent, I'm probably just missing something. In DS1 it did holy damage but that doesn't seem to be a damage type here.

Does the character creation model freeze for anyone else when looking through the Brow menu? It's been a problem since launch.

Something else I didn't mention: Healing miracles do not scale with your faith stat or lightning damage. So for faith it's best to level up just enough to meet the requirements for whatever spells you want to cast, since only offensive miracles and timed buffs scale.

If you want pure utility (lots of options) then aim for 20/20 then 50/20. Use staff of wisdom, sunset staff, and a dark infused chime (which can cast miracles too). That way you get high magic, fire, and dark defense from the Fth investment and access ~80% of the good faith miracles (support and healing, which do not depend on your Fth stat unlike DS1).

Physical damage and health regen. And in DaS1 it was split between phsical and magical with a modifier to unholy enemies.

Everything resists magic in the DLC but Int is better because you have enchanted infusion, which gives you heavy physical damage without respecing your stats, and lets you continue to cast spells.

Basically, all magic does 20-30% less damage in the DLC than it does in the main game. Main game resistances are 200 to 400, DLC is 300 to 600.

It's a very bad infusion. Never use it for anything except putting it on your caestus or small shield for the 2hp/sec passive regen

requesting assistance for twin princes!!!

potato cucumbers only please, im SL91 and the password is dsg

>they're LITERALLY immune to dark damage

No they are not
I beat them with a dark broadsword on my SL 1 run

see
I'd just like to reiterate, and be very clear here: If I do end up doing a hex build, I don't want to cast gimped shitty versions of sorceries or miracles, I would purely cast pyromancies and hexes and maybe use an enchanted weapon for physical if I run into too many resistances
>but Int is better because you have enchanted infusion
I feel like I'm going insane here
Let me repeat myself once again: a 30/30 build has 30 INT
That won't do a significantly lower amount of damage with an enchanted infused weapon than a 50 INT build. And I could always take it up to 40/30 if I somehow end up feeling like 30 INT is not enough for an enchanted weapon

Give me 5 minutes and I'll place my sign for you.

Is there a /dsg/ approved weapon tier chart for DS3?

It happened to me while making my last character, the menus would work fine but the view display would stay frozen. Going back to the main menu and resuming fixed it, but I can't quite point out what submenu it happened on