So my best friend is getting married and I wanna get him the best 3 series possible. Like unequivocal best...

So my best friend is getting married and I wanna get him the best 3 series possible. Like unequivocal best. But I'm not sure what the best year or make is.

>pic unrelated pls no m3

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.ca/a/Bentley/Turbo R/Vaughan/Ontario/5_27448856_20090806102017371/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=3_100_122
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bmw btw if you didn't get it from the OP

IMO 3 series BMW's are sort of girly. If he is getting married get him a 5 series for the kids. E60 is pretty good.

This. He'll need something with a fair amount of space at the back.

He already has a range rover for all that shit. I just wanna get him a fun car he can fuck around with.

Oh alright then. What price range are we talking then?

Alpina B3
/thread

I guess just get him something like an E46 or E90 then.

Im not gonna buy a new one fer sure. Probably like 20k or something is max. The more i spend the more ill guilt trip him tho, so itll be pretty good.

Get the newest E90 you can then. 20K will get you two E60's in my country....

e46 M3

The maintenance costs will begin to slowly fuck him right in the ass and he'll be stuck with it because it was a gift.

Should be pretty hilarious

If you actually like him get him a 135i 6speed convertible. Perfect weekender

I'm not sure on the prices for you area/country but maybe go for a E46 330i or a E90 335 if you can.

>he's getting married

his wife will make him sell it for a minivan or a crossover.

>Buying your 'best' friend a shitty used car as a wedding present

that was actually the initial plan. To buy him the cheapest rolls royce i could find so his dad would naturally force him to maintain it.

I'm from BC canada

it kind of gave up on it cuz the cheapest i could find that could move and was street legal was 40k and id have to go down to florida to grab it, so fuck that.

So the idea is to kind of fuck him up with maintenance costs?

kind of, because

1. he'd always been too much of a pussy to buy a car for fun

2. hes got a lot of $$$ so it wont hurt him just really inconvience him.

I'm not sure what's on offer in Canada but if you want to give him a cool but difficult to maintain car

>BMW E65 7 series (the most unreliable BMW ever made) but a comfy luxury barge
>Mercedes S Class (reliable till something goes wrong, then it costs BIG to fix whatever single thing went wrong) but nice power
>80s Bentleys
>Jaguar XJS

Any of these sounding good? Are you looking for luxury over power or vice versa?

i tried really hard to look for a cheap bentely but it's just not common around here.

the 7 series he's gonna hate cuz his dad drives one around

I'm looking at the e90s available atm but i was thinking of getting a jag for him cuz he loves his range rover anyway

>not a culturally enriched Quattroporte V

Any E36 with a big single 2JZ conversion

Just wait and get the new front wheel drive 2 series. People are saying it's the best BMW yet!!

*real people not paid actors

A Jag might do the trick.

And what about a Porsche? 928s don't cost too much these days and they're fun.

This is literally the worst thing i have ever seen in my life.

If anybody i knew ever bought one of these pieces of cuntrush i would burn them in it and the judge would give me a fucking thanks instead of a sentence

I just sent out 3 emails on used e90s.

Found this badboy though, does it look like a hassle?

autotrader.ca/a/Bentley/Turbo R/Vaughan/Ontario/5_27448856_20090806102017371/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=3_100_122

>BMW turning their two most popular (globally) models into fwd/awd shitmobiles
>Alfa turning the Guilietta into rwd only
YESSSS

>928s don't cost too much
>$570 for pads+rotors, no fluid or labor

I like BMWs a lot and have a BMW but I can't believe some of the garbage they're putting out. I saw one of these in a parking lot and thought it was a Kia or some other asian brand trying to look hip and cool. It's honestly one of the worst cars I've ever seen.

Well you're kind of right. There's one FWD BMW in the global market but just China will be getting future FWD models.

Read the thread. You can get a 928 for relatively cheap and OP doesn't care about maintenance costs since that's the idea, so yes, they're cheap.

Their current trend makes me fear for the future of the i8. I'm just hoping it looks more and more futuristic over the next couple years.

I refuse to pay 150k CAD on it until it looks like a spaceship

I'm not too afraid for their future line ups. China doesn't car much about RWD or power, they just car about space so BMW is catering to those needs. Internationally though there's been a fair amount of criticism over making a FWD model and they know full well that there would be a massive backlash if they started doing FWD on a large scale.

The common models like the 3, 5 and 7 are all at least going to safely stay RWD.

Rumour has it that the 1-series will be sharing the Mini platform for cost efficiency since the 1-series as it stands has a bespoke platform. A survey conducted by BMW showed that 80% of 1-series owners thought their car was fwd anyway. Kek.

If i wanted a cheap FWD car i'd just stick with a jetta

>fair amount of criticism for the 2-series AT and GT
And yet they've sold like hot cakes. The bottom line doesn't give a fuck about criticism, thus neither do the bean counters.

The 2 series attracts a different demographic of buyers though. They can do whatever they want with it but people would go apeshit if the 3 or 5 series became FWD.

the fact ism ost of the wealthy who can get the new models don't give a fuck about auto journalism.

their salesman will upsell the fuck out of the new "unique" models to the chinks anyway.

Perfect price range for a used s2000.
Only car you will ever need.

>Like unequivocal best
>pls no m3

A late model E9x 335i.

Buy him i850 and fuck off

5 series have no space in the back

I'll drive it up

This. It's the same amount of space in the back as 3er, but comfier seats.

who buys a car for their "friend"?

did you fugg?

people who arent poor

318ti

>No mention of the M4, so far.
What are you? Faggots?

>friend is getting married
>beťter buy him a car

Who the fuck actually does this?

your poor is showing, user

Absolutely devilish . I'm gonna do something like this with my friend. Get him a shitbox to have to maintain preventing him from getting a kid so we can still drive around.

most people take their mates to a strippers, not buy them a car you autistic sheltered fuck.

I drive the M4.

Beautiful car, I actually shed a tear the first time I stepped in this car.

Got it for a nice price at 70k, I say go for it. GO FOR THE M4

most people are middle class and poor aswell

>mates

lul the poorfag cant even imagine how a rich wedding works. This is why you're stuck in ausland

nice, i got mine for 76k

>buying a used 3 Series
>b... but not an M3
>not a poorfag

That's as lower-middle class as it gets. And the answer is still a late model E9x 335i. It suffers from modern car design well enough to look new if clean, it comes in manual and it's a turbo straight six with aftermarket support. If he needs the practicality of a sedan, there's a sedan option. If he's in the closet get him a convertible.

All the money in the world won't stop you from being a retarded cunt.