Would you drop 1700 for this truck? I'm on a tight budget and 17 is my limit

killeen.craigslist.org/cto/5974287863.html

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyhousetalk.com/ford-transit-stealth-camper/
newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/5983257972.html
killeen.craigslist.org/cto/6016991713.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That thing is a steaming pile of shit, my dude. Carbureted? Seriously?

Carbs you can work on yourself, FI not so much

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it(no 4x4)
I've owned a few first gen Rams
>360 LA V8 great engine
>727A breddy good trans
>overall build quality of the truck is pretty good
One thing about these trucks is electrical gremlins but in my experience almost 75% of the time it's in the fusible links which if you have wire and connectors on hand takes like 5 minutes to fix

I wouldn't buy a truck at all, my job does not require it

Yeah I want something old that's simple enough to work on myself. I talked him down to 1700 but that's as low as he'd go.
me too thanks

Looks like a clean buy. 1700 seems a little high, but not by much.

electric fuel pump?
wtf

yes buy it, be a small benis truckfag

these old mopar trucks are killer my dude, the only thing is watch for body rust, all dodges are horrid for that. that setup is great too, 727 is god tier trans, every one that i've had has been bulletproof

Based on my conversation with the guy it seems like he's kept it right. Most of the other shit I'm finding has been beat to shit, driven in the north, crashed etc

I don't always meth but when I do 1,700

Would not

Find a car bruh or
Minivans are always cheap cuz no one likes them
Unless you are being picky
Then by the gas guzzler

Get this

I ride sportbikes, so I want a truck to get to the track

And I don't drive much, I bicycle+bus if I need to go far.

Still would not
Find an S10 or ranger for cheaps
Hard to finds but I like the s10s
And they don't waste much gas

It looks like someone already took a look at it OP. Go buy it fagit.

>sportbikes
look for a van.

I also want to be able to get laid occasionally

>he doesnt know that trashy bitches love fucking in vans

Damn bro, that looks comfy. By how does the bed come down without putting ur baiku outside?

tinyhousetalk.com/ford-transit-stealth-camper/

Dont think the guy intended to sleep in the van with the bike in there. He was just showing that he could still use his van to haul his bike around. Although the bed looks like it could fold at 90 degrees to make like a couch/bed thing.

Do it

Do it

They told me they'd take out the Edelbrock 4 barrel carb and out in the 2 to drop the price to 14. Fair?

>Trips
Do it fag

Keep the Edelbrock

Why?

You're asking the wrong place, my dude. Didn't you know that Veeky Forums only discusses euro and chink shitboxes they can't afford?

But is right. Aside from the 4x4 part.
Everyone seems to think 4x4 on these old trucks magically makes them worth double what they are.
Just please for the love of God, do not put a fucking faggot, ass lift kit on it.

This is the biggest meme of the century. Exactly what part of a FI system can you not work on yourself? The fuel pump? You can't order yourself a new one from eBay? Maybe the injectors? Oh shit, did you fry your ECU? (doesnt even happen lol)

I think he meant that carbs are easier to work on the FI.

Which it is.

I'm not even sure what the point of a lift kit would be, I just want something to get me to work/haul my baiku

Honestly though, unless you plan on putting some money into it or you just really like Dodges. I'd look for something a little newer. You can easily find early 90's to early 2000s F150s and GMT400 pickups in that price range that will make a better work truck than that Dodge will.

Most of the 90s that I find in that price range are either rusted up from being driven in the north or needs parts

>Early 90s-2000s ford
>better work truck
No just no

>GMT400
Yes these are good also but op wants a simple carbed truck

1700 kilotons is a bit of overkill but it's the only way to be sure...

i don't fuck my sister so i wouldn't buy a truck

Buy it for 1500, ship it up north and triple your money.

Is your $1700 budget also include a safety net of about $500-750 in neglected maintenance and wear items that might need addressing immediately or shortly after purchase?

Well I do

this

Do it, you'll love it when it works.

You'll hate it at the gas station and when it stops working.

When it works though, you'll love it. As long as you don't live in a winter climate like Canada the lack of 4x4 shouldn't be a problem.

newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/5983257972.html

Is it worth it broze, does it look like frame damage?

i like driving my 2wd f-250 in montana winters though.

fucker can dagumi like a champ with zero effort

Oh it's fun and all, but living in NB Canada it can be hard sometimes. Most of the time it's just fine, and damn good fun with just RWD with an empty bed, so easy to drift. At the same time though when it blizzards, I would have got stuck more than a few times without the 4x4. We've had a few storms this year where plows were pulled off roads, which means a foot+ snow on the roads.

4x4 is nice in those cases.

They make good trucks OP. I had a 91 with a 318 and 904, ran it as a farm truck for many years. Always ran great, only scrapped it because the floor pans and cab mounts were completely gone. Now the drivetrain is in my buddies 74 charger.

>my job does not require it
don't buy ANYthing not work related

Trunks are not an option unless its work related dingus

Why?

I've got an 91 F150 with a straight 6 that's about the best work truck you could ask for. If it wasn't for my Tundra it would be my go to truck for everything.

A lot of 90s era GMs are going to have rusted cab corners and what not.

Ask around your town or city. A lot of cities will sell off their older work trucks around that price.
You could probably scoop up a mid 90's w/t for around a 1000 from your local water or electric company. And they usually have less than 100k on them.

pull it user!

↑this, yeah EFI isn't super difficult to work on its just carburators are significantly easier to get working in comparison

Sorry boys, I didn't get it. I think I'm gonna use the 1500 as a down payment on something in the 3-4 thousand range.

So sad.

I know, I'm a huge faggot.

Op always is.

What sort of truck are you thinking of getting?
saw this in your area and it was only made in the last decade!
killeen.craigslist.org/cto/6016991713.html

I'd pay $1500 for it

How's the 400 swap comin along?

Not to bad, but strapped for cash right now, so it's gonna be a while.

wont pay for a chevy.

look for a wife

oh you mean your sister...

if you can support her and be faithful to her go ahead