How can I get over how awful it feels to drive an old car as well as the crap economy and insurance prices when they...

How can I get over how awful it feels to drive an old car as well as the crap economy and insurance prices when they look so nice?

The fact that you will be driving a piece of shit should do it.

>don't sit in it
>don't drive it
>don't insure it
Why do you think boomers let their precious cars rust for so long

you dont

you suffer with a complete pile of shit or you get a good car

Most old cars shared a platform with at least one other thing that had a comfy suspension.
As for empeegees you can tune your carburetor to get better economy at the cost of power.

This. Old cars are so over hyped, they look cool in movies or just cool in general due to old aesthetic but everything else after that is garbage as they are unsafe with no modern comforts and are just absolute trash

Not a problem with non-American cars.

>how awful it feels to drive an old car
>disliking glorious land yacht handling

I always see boomers take their cars to the store and take up two to three parking spaces because 'muh classic I don't wanna damage'.

Here's an idea, dipshit, don't fucking take it to Walmart.

Yes it is all old cars are just miserable as daily drivers.

This is a joke.

yes it is

old cars in general are shit

nothing is as bad as an old American landbarge or truck when it comes to driving tho

Yeah old cars are nice to look at and keep for collectors value but anyone who spouts their nonsense about them being so comfy because of muh suspension and them feeling like driving a cough are disillusioned liars with buyers remorse

Sure are a lot of fucking kids on here this sunday

i drove this for a long ass time as a DD, sure it got 15 MPG but it was the comfiest ride ever, got a lot of compliments

New suspension bushings all around, new shocks, new steering box, get an alignment

>Wasting all that money and still driving a steaming pile of shit....priceless.

Better than your car big boy

Also, new ball joints and tie rod ends. Altogether $300 at Rockauto.

Unless his car is a pre 90s piece of shit I would not bet on it

this

only way to make them decent is to spend thousands on completely overhauling to more modern suspension

replacing shit will only make it a fresher turd

>But muh couch seats and old aesthetic

Face it old cars are absolute shit and a terrible thing to have on the road at all, to say otherwise is crazy

if you are referring specifically to classic American cars like your pic,

the fact that you are driving a classic American car on the road. the satisfaction alone, (and the comfy ride if it's a landyacht) would be enough for me.

it's just you, and the road, maybe a radio. no lane assist, no backup camera and automated braking, no bullshit "driver aides" of any kind, and it may be slow, but at least it looks damn good. and feels comfy to drive

>and insurance prices
eurocuck detected

Get historical plates and enjoy that $100 a year insurance

weaponized autism

> no contoured seats or lumbar support. Every corner sends you sliding off the seat like the fat shit you are

Yeah nah

Insurance is dirt cheap unless you live in >yurop

Don't be a cuck, get a classic truck

Even worse autism than driving a huge new truck

All cons no pros aside pesonal aesthetic

>No pros
It's still a truck with a massive payload capacity.

Restore it. Makes driving it godlike knowing you made it run and drive.

It is a crap metal brick with shit suspension and frame so you would not be safe even if a sedan hit you, hardly the right kind of power in the engine to do proper hauling, the inside is like hiding in a trunk it is just gross and boring

I just bought a 92' jag and I've had to the following to it:

>replace water pump
>recharge A/C
>add window tinting
>swap out the rims

I fuckin love this thing, even if I have to give it premium gas. it's in fantastic condition - barely 59k miles on it.

In 1992 it costed 58 grand. Today its worth barely 3. That's depreciation for you.

It also tells you what old cars are actually worth.

>can diagnose and fix any problems in driveway with a timing light, flathead screwdriver, and socket set

>no pros

not so gr b8 m8 I rate it a 0

well 90s do not count as super old, we are talking the crappy classics everyone raves about

Totally off point t why classics are complete garbage themselves, you can do that with anything

And you will be doing that nearly every weekend, unless you are talking the newest most compact engine bay computer controlled cars then no that still is not a pro to driving and old ass clunker

That's a lot of red hot opinions there friendo. This thing has 4.11s, about 14 leafs per side and a drivetrain more solid than the political situation in Germany.

The only thing hampering it is brakes.

>And you will be doing that nearly every weekend
no you won't
ask me how I know

>tfw i'm probably arguing with a troll

Classic cars have a sound to them that modern cars don't. I can't describe it, but you know the difference between an injection V8 and a carb V8. They sound better to me. Most cars today have traction control which makes driving them boring, can't slide them for shit. Modern cars look like blobs going down the road and have no character while a classic car has character, almost a personality.

Yeah and unless you really really love classics because of how they loo that took you quite some time, effort, and money

Sure how do you know, but it does not help the case that old cars really suck compared to new ones.

Yeah a lot of modern cars sound fantastic when you tune them and change things around to your liking, not many people need to slide their fucking cars they just drive them to relax and get places in a comfy fashion, and your character gets represented on your vehicle by how you work on it and pretty it up, classic cars do not have personality because they are good in any way they just get attention because they are old as shit and should not be on the road. like an old man in a club

>a lot of modern cars sound fantastic when you tune them and change things around to your liking

Yeah, you can do that to an old car too. You don't like the drum brakes? Guess what, you can make them disc brakes!

>not many people need to slide their fucking cars they just drive them to relax and get places in a comfy fashion

You want comfy? Get an old Cadillac and let that beast absorb the bumps.

>classic cars do not have personality because they are good in any way they just get attention because they are old as shit and should not be on the road. like an old man in a club

They get some attention for being old, mostly they get attention for having a story behind them. Take my truck for example
>be me, 16
>dad and I are cleaning up a place that called us for scrap removal
>first thing we pull out is a 1977 Ford F150 Custom. No motor or trans but an amazing body
>claimed the truck
>get a bonded title
>dad and I proceed to fix the truck over summer vacation
>drop in a 460 with 30k miles on it
>truck now roasts tires

Classic cars are only nice to people who really really care about them, they are old for a reason and everything has changed since then for a reason.

Some people like what they like, we can agree on that and we can also agree that old cars have nothing over new cars but that is just progress

Effort maybe, money, not so much. Most old vehicles use engines and parts that spanned decades, so parts are cheap and everywhere.

And before you bring up constant carburetor tuning, I rejetted and tuned mine a year ago and it's been fine for the last year without touching it

>didn't buy an old Lincoln
faggot

that is a caddie in the picture tho...

>a-at least other people will think im cool

no they wont

also

>putting what other people think over your own comfort

You fucking white guys are pathetic

What about blacks and mexicans and their low riding caddies and shit

I'm a Pontiac guy but damn that's nice

Because that's what they like themselves and don't give a fuck about what anyone else thinks
Is like itasha

>b-but niggers and spics do it too!!!!

Fucking white "men"

Its still funny to see someone driving a pre-2005 to me.
Appreciate but damn thats old.

wew

this, you have no excuse unless you are dirt fucking poor

This is the truck of someone with a fat or ugly/stupid significant other

probably none at all

I straight up prefer driving an older, simple truck I'm familiar with to something newer with more planned obsolescence. Doesn't hurt anything pre-OBDII in my state doesn't have to go through inspection.

gay guys love vee ates you faggot

Your preference does not change that old cars are pieces of shit compared to newer cars

It proves not everybody shares your sentiment, though.

>n-n-nobody could possibly have different expectations than myself
terminate your session

You can have a preference for shit, but that wont change it from being shit

Like I said, you can get a 2010 Ford pickup for relatively cheap. Miles out the ass but at least it doesn't look like an old farm truck.

>if i pretend to be really contrarian people will think i'm cool

Why are people so insistent on telling other people what they don't like?

I like old cars. I like new cars. I like lots of things inbetween.

The point is that you can like shit but that does not make it any less shit

2 time third gen firebird owner here, can confirm. I fucking hate almost everything about these things. Only reason i still have one is because i also fucking love them for some unknown reason. I dont even think either of them have/had airbags.

So? A majority of Veeky Forums likes 90s cars. They're all unilaterally shit

There's a lot of nice 90s cars though. The 70s and 80s were where most of the shitters came from.

Your preference is a Honda McPlastic special, hold the practicality but double the gimmicks.

Your preference is shit.

You made this thread a few days ago with the same image of the same car.

Buy the fucking thing already, or don't. But stop talking about it.

British Golden decades-10's & 20's
German golden decades-30's & 40's
American golden decades-50's & 60's
European golden decades-70's & 80's
Japanese golden decades-90's & 00's
Korean golden decades-10's & 20's

Best decades for car production/"innovation" by country.

2016 Honda. So that would be a no
>Big Man
Fuck off boomer scum.Retire already so someone who is actually in their 20s can have your entry level paying job.

2016 Honda is better than some things I suppose. Like a shopping cart or anal with a cactus.

What's the newest "old car" you can get? In America, anyway.

Early 90s stuff.

What did he mean by this

2011 Crown Vic/Grand Marquis. They were the best 80's car sold in the US at the time they were discontinued.

>this is the interior of a car made and sold in 2011
Where's the touch screen? How do I connect my iPhone? Why isn't there a numberpad on the steering wheel? Where's the center console for my double mocha latte and vape stick?

Don't mean to be a dick, but what is so appealing about the third gen? I own a fourth gen Z28 and I've never understood the appeal of the third gens.

it scares me people defend that shit

There is really no reason to be driving anything that is over 10 years old unless you are absotluelty broke or have a very good personal reason I guess, any car that gets even past 2000 is really shit on the interior and comforts and when you drop below the 90s it just makes zero sense to have

Old cars are nice to look at, that is it, period they have nothing else going for them at all so when people talk about them being a better ride or something it is crazy

ye

meh. I'm driving an 05 and it still feels pretty good (minus no aux). my sister's 03 is complete garbage though.

Yeah you can still get around in them without it being awful, but like I said start dropping below the 2000s and it gets bad, drop below 90s and it gets really fucking horrible with each year you pass and is just disgusting lower than 80. Anyone who would argue there is something to old vehicles besides aesthetic is a liar.

I mean if you love old cars that is one thing but it is so stupid that you see pieces of shit like OPs car going for 10k plus on craigslist listings

No one is ever going to pay over a couple grand for a car from the 70s unless it was in mint nearly untouched condition

Yes, old cars suck, spread the word. Especially the cars from 55-69. Please spread the word.

You're average pre-73 Cadillac, which that is, in running condition is worth over 7 Grand minimum so long as it doesn't have any glaring issues

>hardly the right kind of power in the engine to do proper hauling

Wat? Old pickups with granny first gears (or a C6 or T400 auto) and stout springs were fucking made to haul heavy loads. They are easy to work on, parts are cheap, upgrades abound if you care, and are frequently still in use as work trucks because they function so well.

You are literally making shit up. I have decades using and working on old and newer trucks. My '76 F250 wrecker (F 350 chassis and running gear, added overload leaf in constant contact for towing, 460, C6 mild cam, Holley 650) with a Holmes 440 boom has no problem towing, or steering, or stopping and I assembled it from leftovers. (F100 cab means F100 insurance and taxes!) I don't do brand whoring and my C20 crew cab (C30 dually rear axle, spring mods, Century wheel lift, 366 big block, T400) does fine too.

Most of what you need for hauling is good brakes, rear springs, and a low first gear. My insane but highly experienced redneckbro even towed a 40pax International 1600 bus with his C30 wrecker. It had a 292 inline six (great low end torque) which gave zero fucks about anything.

>Yeah and unless you really really love classics because of how they loo that took you quite some time, effort, and money

The point of those trucks is they DON'T take much time, effort or money. Not him but I've done it both ways, rebuilding frame-off for fun and to save cash on tow trucks and just buying and driving.

If an older American truck kicks your ass, it's all you. They were built as tools. Upgrading his brakes from drums is easy too if wanted, and not just "easy for an experienced mechanic". They are ideal for learning to wrench.

>>didn't buy an old Lincoln

I love old Lincolns. They make great 460/C6 donors for trucks, the disc brake 9" rears are easy sales to hot rodders, and when you fill them up with scrap they weigh enough to make you decent beer money. :-)

Don't worry, I never killed a nice one.

You basing that off of anything there buddy or just throwing fucking numbers out there

>90 posts
>34 ips
There is some serious samefaggotry in this thread.

I bet you wear custom orthopedic shoes that they had to take a laser 3D map of your feet to make.

> it's a single autist selfposting to feel less lonely thread
I own and operate this car on a daily basis.
I could have bought anything else, but I got this instead.
I got it because I wanted it, and because I like it.
Shocking truth, not everyone has tastes as garbage as yours.
Feel free to buy a modern Corolla, and leave the good cars to the rest of us.

Cuck.

>YOU SHOULD ONLY BE DRIVING SOMETHING LESS THAN TEN YEARS OLD

>REEEEEEEEEE WHY DO ALL NEW CARS HAVE 15,000 SENSORS AND ELECTRONICS THAT WILL DIE WITH NO REPLACEMENTS AND 45 AIRBAGS AND CRUMPLE ZONES BIGGER THAN TEXAS AND A/B/C COLUMNS A FOOT THICK

>same person

I have no respect for anyone that claims to hold an opinion on this board. I don't even know why I come here.

your taste is pretty fucking shit tho

I had one of those and it was awful

No joke it's probably CIA shills worn out from shitposting in /pol/ blowing off steam by trying to get people to stop driving cars they can't hack/track/make kill you. Anyone driving a mew vehicle is sitting in a machine the government has a killswitch to.

If you get an old car that isn't a slushy american boat then it'll usually feel better to drive than the modern UX-driven safety appliance.

>boring interior

I don't understand.

>insane power steering
>fun body roll
>cozy bench seats
You might not enjoy it, but you're kidding if you think you can speak for everyone.

>had one of those
Thank you for outing yourself as a busrider