Lamborghini's are handmade

Why is a "handmade" car considered a good thing?

Humans aren't consistent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fXV6KzhBbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

machines dont put soul and passion into their work

An African immigrant in Italy does?

>soul and passion
What the hell is that supposed to mean? I would rather have my car made consistently by a machine that doesn't get tired, doesn't not give a shit on Monday morning or Friday afternoon, and doesn't get bored.

he probably cares more about his job than a robot so yeah

try not being a racist prick some time

Slower production rates allow for better QC. Thats why GM has a 100% recall rate and Porsche has like less than 5%.

Marketing term. Lamborghini would've imploded long long ago as a volume car maker.

Cayennes, Macans, Boxsters, Panameras, and base 911s are not handmade. Your entire argument just fell to shit.

Its good use of automation vs poor usage of automation.

"Handmade" production brings nothing to the table besides flaws.

Because luxury items and collector's items carry sentimental value, not practical value. These people here handcraft globes costing thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of dollars - and there are people buying them instead of ordering $50 globes on Amazon.

i didnt say they were hand made. I said they have lower production rates.

>2 triggered /pol/tard threads on Veeky Forums

sad!

didn't Porsche have to recall all GT3s due to engine fires and the 918 due to possible fires as well?

Swede/turk/leaf detected

and?

American cars are made by niggers, and now italian cars are?
see:
Are there cars made by white people?

neckbeard faggot virgin detected

It means your car breaks if you go fast because its soul and passion make it feel bad about putting you at risk for a crash

Ducatis also do this.

it cost less than programming a robot for a few hundred unit
it's way more flexible (it can do multiple jobs)

So hand made cars being unreliable is actually design and not bad craftsmanship desu

Humans can work with inconsistency robot can't

I build cars for a living and don't give a shit any day of the week. I also am bored 100% of the time. Doesn't mean I'm not doing my job right.

No, the 918 was due to seatbelt mounting bolts not being to spec

Try not being a good goy little cuck sometime.

>implying any of you could afford one ever
>implying you're not all just buttmad poorfags arguing over nothing
Hand made is a rich folk meme. You'll never understand.

This.

>I had human slaves make this thing for me! can you believe it?

>>He probably cares more about his job than a robot so yeah
>means to an ends for booze
>It's literal purpose for existence
Yeah... Definitely.

>Why is a "handmade" car considered a good thing?
It's a way for manufacturers to add artificial value to their product. It's pretty much the car equivalent of organic.

>Humans aren't consistent.
This is true.

Lmao handmade anything is garbage

>need flashings to finish today so can't order from shop
>get laborer/apprentice to fold one up by hand
Absolute dog shit

Or,
>get flashing bent up by a bending machine at shop
>100% perfect

Hand built by Robots

youtube.com/watch?v=-fXV6KzhBbM

Maybe you do it well but hand built cars are notorious for worse quality control. There are some things that really need a craftsman to make them but it's stuff like precision rifle barrels, not welding a frame over and over again to a few thou of precision.

better yet.
why there's not option in software to introduce random errors into machined parts?
what now handmadefags?

yes they do. they'll precisely align a part to a thousandth of an inch tolerance every single time, now that's soul.

Outside of car building they do that. It's to make cheap things seem handmade for people who don't understand quality.

I don't think any of you have ever built anything.
It's really important how its designed not how accurate the assemblers hands are on the nanometer scale.

Technology has evolved because craftsmen and knowledge have improved, not because our hands got less shaky.

Now if you're talking about maxing production numbers or producing as cheaply as possible.
Robots all the way.

And again, maxing price economy above all else doesn't get you the best product, it gets you cheapest product. Cheapest doesn't always mean best value.