ITT: skills you can gain completely in the comfort of your own room and potentially earn a good salary

ITT: skills you can gain completely in the comfort of your own room and potentially earn a good salary.

>Computer programming

1 year of intense practice and you can get a job as a junior developer, or even better, create an app/website to generate money.

>Music producing

If you listen to a lot of music, download FL studio or something, and learn how to edit and produce music. At least you can get a job at a studio if you're autistic enough to learn the ins and outs but not talented enough to make any good songs.

>Languages

It takes 500-1000 hours to become fluent in most languages. After two years you can get paid to translate.

> Day trading.
You can learn the music of the markets with about 2 years of study&practice. Don't worry about losing money, you'll be practice trading with monopoly money until you've found your personal trading style.

>you'll be practice trading with monopoly money until you've found your personal trading style.

Where can I practice like that? How profitable could I expect day trading to be after a couple years of practice?

Thing is, when you graduate from monopoly money to your own hard earned cash, you start subconsciously shitting your pants, causing you to underperform.

>you can get a job in a studio by using FL and your computer in your bedroom

ha

Hahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lemme guess, youre gonna build your musical portfolio on Soundcloud, too?

FUCKING

KEK

I hope at least one of you autists unironically try this and throw your worthless life away in the process. Oh wow. Thanks for the laugh, OP.

I have enough developers with 3.5+ undergrad gpas that want internships, why the fuck would I hire a self tought jr developer that's been doing it for a year.

there are thousands of stories of shit heads learning how to make fl beats and then making millions travelling the world, what are you talking about

You are not hiring anyone

Yea thousands out of millions.

Not saying it's impossible, but your other suggestions are much more realistic.

Jesus christ you really believe this. This went from being funny to pathetic.

Every single "i started making le loops on le FL and le Kanye picked me up!!!!!!!!!!" story is either bullshit or is about some nigger who was already friends with a music industry giant and sucked their dick til the cows came home. I know for a fucking FACT that ZERO percent of Veeky Forums autists have even a fraction of a fraction of the musical know-how, dedication, adaptability, connections, lack of autism, and luck required to "maek it big in da rap gaem!!!!!!" or whatever the fuck you soundcloud gremlins fantasize about.

There are three """"""feasible""""" ways to get into the music industry:

>hip hop; requires you to be a one-in-ten-million lyrical prodigy (especially if youre white), have connections to music industry giants (or government officials in Chance the Rapper's case), you cannot have an iota of autism, contrarianism, or general against-the-current-ness in you or you will be irrelevant after your debut mixtape
>country; requires you to be a one-in-one-million singer AND be very proficient at guitar AND at least one more country-ish instrument, and you must personify every obnoxious country stereotype to appeal to as many people as possible
>studio engineer; requires you to sink hundreds of thousands of dollars into going to a top music school like Berklee. Self training will NOT, i repeat, will NOT get you anywhere in the studio side of the music industry

Congratulations, you just saved yourself over a year of trying to get good at making shitty """""chill""""" FL loops.

> After two years you can get paid to translate.

no. or you scam people.

You think rappers are lyrical prodigies. You're a fucking retard who no one listens to.

Hey, go ahead and waste thousands of your dollars and hundreds of hours trying to make and promote your shitty mixtape. I won't stop you.

>he thinks Eminem isn't obviously, blatantly autistic

Hey its better to try and fail at chasing your dreams rather than living in a world of "i wish id done this but I was too much of a pussy to try and get what I was after"

>tfw 4 years of neet life and never learned anything

>Music Producers
Most only became successful because a friend they recorded and made tracks for became successful. They basically just hung on to their pants leg like an annoying cat.

The only actual proven success story that I know of is Lex Luger. He made beats in FL Studio and basically spammed every email and phone number he could find on Google before Waka replied to him. Now he's ghost because all he knows how to do is repeat the same beats with different presets.

>Languages
This is seriously one of the most lucrative uses of free time there is, being fluent in other languages (Even the Spanish meme is true) raises your desirability to be hired immensely, especially if you want a job where you get paid travel (Asian languages or Arabic are great for this).

>Programming
Next most lucrative choice, but has far less range of use. Other anons nailed it that you can make a nice penny or two off of even the most meh-tier apps, and the more languages you learn, the bigger your portfolio grows.

>Writing
Improving writing skills and doing freelance writing (There are literally thousands of websites that will pay you a few dollars per simple paper, crank out a ton of those and improve your writing skills, then use them as a simple portfolio for more intense writing jobs or even novels)

>Music
If you spend a few hours a day learning the piano (buy a cheap electronic keyboard from ebay for $25 and download free sheet music and youtube lessons) in a year you'll be able to play decently enough to be hired by piano bars (If you live anywhere near an urban area there will be many places similar in concept). Obviously not lucrative, but if you keep with it for several years you end up with a VERY impressive skill plus a very uncompetitive career market (keep moving up to classier and classier joints, make more connections, repeat)

> Social Media

Find a niche, target that niche, get followers, repeat. Anyone who puts in a couple hours a day doing this can grow a pretty large social media presence regardless of the content. Once you have a thousand followers you can then monetize it through ads (small at first or you lose the following), make more or focus on spreading your brand.

>Fashion design
Almost less likely than music design, but if you attempt to develop a good portfolio and hire someone to make them you might sell a few.

Tbqh famalam there isn't much you can learn and perform from the safety of your home.

>If you listen to a lot of music, download FL studio or something, and learn how to edit and produce music. At least you can get a job at a studio
Hhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha wtf

you talking about kygo and others? yeah probably only a handful that made it big. But sure, there are a lot of people that have moved into DJing at local clubs and stuff, if you want to call that successful.

there is a difference between chasing your dreams and learning a skill on the side to make you money.