CLASSIC CAR GENERAL

CCG #??? - No Thread Exists Edition

I'm fucking hyped boys, my car came today.

Nice shitbox

>starter solenoid died
>Getting towed for the third time in 3 years
Fug

cant you jump it? ita a ford, jump the terminals and carry a spare

I tried but it didn't like it. I'm going to grab another, but I have heard that it's a good idea to have a spare.

One more month to go, then maybe the weather will turn and I'll pull this pile back out.

That's not what I posted moot you fuck

L A N D A U
A
N
D
A
U

The patricians choice.

Every old car is not a classic.

Sold the 76 Lincoln continental today

Had some good memories in her but the 59 is just better

The Olds is almost up and running reliably. Did all this over the past week.
>New alternator
>New alternator connector
>Tightened the belt all to shit

Finally got the battery on a tester and it came up bad. Picked up a brand new Optima redtop and it seemed to finally be fixed.

Got the exhaust run from the headers to the muffler. Sounds and runs way better now, but it still has a god-awful header gasket leak. Bought a new set, so those will probably be done soon.

Piece of shit drained and died on the way back home. I got a dash mount for my phone and bought a speedometer app, and I actually was going the speed limit this time. I suspect that the serpentine belt is stretched, and it's slipping at higher speeds. Got a jump, drove 45mph all the way home, didn't have an issue.

Alternator is spitting out just over 12 volts at idle. Not sure if belt slippage is causing it, or just a shitty alternator. It's a $55 refurbished one from O'Reilly's.

Would anyone here be interested in making a /ccg/ Kik group chat?

The 59 what?

this.

59 what.

His name literally says it. 1959 Buick Lesabre

I'm so used to not reading names, I never even thought to look.
WHOOPSIE!

Kik group is up! Photo is just temporary. If anyone wants your car set as the group photo, just ask.

>landau four door turd bird
>those wheels and tires
Patricians aren't poor

Bump

>wanted to finish up engine this weekend
>go to put intake on
>bolts holes don't align because engine was decked and heads milled
>have to go to my machinist now
>supposed to get a major snow storm this week

FUCK

Penis

I found my dream car on cl a few months back, 67 impala, 4 door and not nigged or molested, passed it up because it had some bad rust spots, bought a 3rd gen iroc instead, feelsbadman

Dragged this home. Still recovering from the drive. 30 hours on the road.

This is true.

F

>Period correct
Dat bumper sticker though

Dat van

Any have any wheel/tire suggestions for the Cutlass? Those little 14s with wire hubcaps and dry rotted 195s aren't gonna cut it.

I nigged out. I dumped money on a stereo after getting tired of waiting for 2 years.

>I swear I'll do my suspension soon
>I just need to make sure medical bills don't eat those funds now

Black cragar d windows or soft 8s

hate when shit like this happens

>this
run oversized balloon tires as well for maximum racekar appeal

>KitKat has resorted to samefaging for (You)s now

Checkmate, atheist

>implying we don't know about phone posting
Kys. Also, isnt it too early in the morning for degenerates to be awake?

I wake up at 5:50 every day, I just decided not to go skiing today as I'm putting I notice at my current job

>can't even hold a job for more than a year

I could, my godfather just offered me a 33 percent pay increase to work for him at his company.

>no beetle ITT

I have a corvair

Too bad corvair's 6cyl aren't easy to come by here in HUEland. I don't know if I'd swap a subbie engine, or a V4 Straight 4. There are tons of recipes for those 2L 8v engines.

How does that disprove his point?

>12 volts at idle

If it were belt slippage you'd hear it. Sounds like just a shitty alternator/voltage regulator.

>u joint went going 80 last week

Fuck. I've been driving my 01 malibu since then and holy shit that car is on it's last legs. I guess 240,xxx miles is the end of life for it.

Got a little carried away putting a shopping list together for the galaxie. My entire next check is going towards it:

>Load leveler rear shocks
>Moog rear springs & pads
>All new brake system
>shift kit for transmission i have in the garage I'm going to put in it soon
>header kit
>completely new 3" exhaust system
>moog u joints

and of course..
>13 ball shifter

Current running total is $807.03.

mulling over if i should sink another 500 into the car with my next next check and buy a detroit locker.

I'm not going to work a meh job for less pay when I can make more money working for someone I'm close to with the opportunity for huge growth

Guyz I have a few questions.
I live in yurop so most of the answsers will start with "you'll have to import XXX".
The car is a '65 mustang Convertible code A.
It has been repainted by a previous owner to look like a GT350 and I know It will never feel right, I'd like to approach a GT350 feel.
1/ Do you know if "K" engines are still "findable"? (If I remember well, K-code mustang are GT350)
2/ It's not my DD, but I tend to cover long distances usually, what choice I have for a 5-speed manual? (currently a 4-speed manual)
3/ to upgrade breaking, i'm looking for 15" wheels and I really like the style of the GT500 ones. Do you know where I can find some? (pic related)

thanks for your help :)

You would probably be done going with a t5 world class five speed, and the k code is available, but if you are modifying the transmission you might as well convert like an explorer 302 or a hipo roller motor.

If you really want to buy a k code, they're available, just be prepared to deal with a bunch of "I know what I got" boomers

>tfw scared of having to rebuild my 364 if it ever blows

I heard it's extremely expensive

So, question for all the Veeky Forumstists here, i'm currently in the final stages of rebuilding/replacing the brake system in a '69 mustang fast back...

I got around to bleeding the back drum brakes and when i finished with that i tested them, they didn't expand properly... The calipers in the front work perfectly, but the drums dont...

So my question is, what am i missing? could there still be air in the lines? Did i fuck up the rear brakes somehow? do they just need adjustment? (i tried turning the self-adjuster knob to expand the brakes and it completely stopped expanding when the brake pedal was pushed, altogether)

I should probably note, i'm going to try starting it up today and pushing on the brakes a bit, seeing if that fixes anything.

It's costs as much as rebuilding any other engines. This meme that 50s cars are super fucking expensive needs to die.

Well I've never had to rebuild an engine before, but the last owner said his other 364 cost him 5000-6000 for a full rebuild

I considered putting some Welds on it, but this sounds like a better idea. I want to keep it looking relatively slow.

I'm probably gonna replace both anyways. I want a 100-amp one-wire alternator.

Everyone should check out the kik group. A couple people joined, and it made for a nice conversation.

The motus V4 is basically an LS7 so it'd probably bolt to the tranny without much effort.
All those others would need snowflake bellhousings.

Unless he paid for some real boutique machine work it shouldn't have cost him that much for a stock rebuild. Assuming you put it together yourself

perhaps get better looking wheels as well

>Nixon

lol I have this one on the way for my Volvo.

Back from my road trip to Jasper, AB. 1600 km of salt, mud, snow, black ice, and frigid Canadian wilderness without a single complaint from Old Brown. Awesome adventure, looking forward to the next come summertime.

Dumping pictures from the road.

Fraser Canyon.

Ayyy I was just in Jasper yesterday

Bizarre late 70s Ford with a stepside box living in what used to be a private zoo in the middle of nowhere.

What's left of the "zoo" in the woods behind the house.

It's my mom's 73 SuperVan. 302 auto, it was rescue squad for Perrysville.

Old abandoned church in Spences Bridge, basically rural Texas tucked into the mountains of BC.

Nice. Didn't see a single one of those bighorn bastards and I was there for two days over the weekend.

Yisss

Deadman Junction between Cache Creek & Kamloops (fake ghost town).

Great photo man

Vulture Garage in Spences Bridge. Probably my favorite stop every time I drive the Fraser Canyon. This guy is always adding/removing from his collection, a lot of it has changed from last time I stopped by (August I think).

one of us

Not sure what this is, but it's awesome.

We came in from the west, there's always lots on that side. With dumbass tourists walking right up to them to take pictures while they graze. I kek every time I hear about a tourist getting their shit stomped by a pissed off ram/elk/deer etc.

My brethren!

Carcass of an old Willys.

one of us

Late 50s Dodge D-100 I think.

Not sure about either of these.

I was so happy when she rolled off the trailer. I bought the car from AdVentura who used to be a CCG regular

~'64 GMC step-side.

one on the right is a ford fairlane.

left may possibly be a dodge of some sort, i cant make out the badge on the front

'57 Fargo panel truck.

i have a 67 4 door hardtop impala. i couldnt be any happier

yeah, i thought i recognized the blue interior and the black rattle can job

'54 F100 and '66 Chevrolet panel truck.

The owner's daily driver.

Continuing north on the Southern Yellowhead, probably close to Avola, by far the most difficult stretch of highway on the way to Jasper.

Yup, that's the car. I'm thinking of repainting it gm nightwatch blue

Posting classic in classic thread.

Love the car, hate the carb.

Before the salty winter wasteland of Wells Gray.

After the salty winter wasteland of Well's Gray.

Glorious Moose Lake in Red Pass, crusty and frigid.

purty neat. it would also look pretty cool with polished centerlines on all 4 corners

thanks! I was kinda thinking steelies with dog dish rims, i love that kind of look. I'll consider those centerlines

cool. i have a set of rallies that i put on sometimes

Those look fuckin amazing. Previous owner got the current rims (rallys? Idk my gm shit.) and i think they look pretty good on them, what center caps belong on them?

You mean your dad has a cool set of rallye wheels and put them on his car

spotted the newfag
that car has been getting posted on Veeky Forums for years