"My feet hurt I don't wanna race this is dumb"

>"My feet hurt I don't wanna race this is dumb"
>"Oh shit hot babe now I will be a HERO"
>"Gotta drive my fuckin HACHIROKU* and basically be the perfect foil to the main character because we definitely have never done this exact same thing before"
>*sedan
>"I'm OG on this rode nigga you can't beat me"
>"WTF I GOT PASSED"
>"WAAHH I'M THE WORST RACER EVER"
>only loses because they both spin out

Could they have made a worse ending opponent for Takumi? The race was boring and Shinji is just a rehash of Wataru. The only difference is that Wataru drove a hatchback like Takumi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oEJUFjBGoYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>expecting Initial D to be good

I stopped during the 4th stage and am ok with that

I wish the last race were post-balls-dropped Itsuki beating Tak on Akina.

Discussion of chinese cartoons goes on
This is a board about automobiles

Dude are you me? That's what I think would've made for a better ending. Just think;

>always wanted an AE86
>instead got an AE85
>made fun of for his mistake
>Dagumi shows him that you need skill more than power
>Itsuki was always terrified of how Dagumi drove
>Itsuki effectively learned all his tricks from Dagumi
>time goes on
>Itsuki decides to tune his car up despite it being a worse Corolla
>Itsuki also joined a team, and apparently is pretty capable
>final race would've effectively been teacher versus student

It would've been perfect, honestly.

WHY DID THEY NEVER DO THE FINAL KEISUKE VS TAKUMI REVENGEANCE SHOWDOWN

FUCK

That would've been a good one too, especially since Takumi said "you would probably win in a real race". Then again, Toyota would probably get butt-mad that a fictional version of one of their cars got beat by an unreliable, torque-less dorito spinner.

The Trueno and FD were both classic cars by then. I think they'd have been fine.

Keisuke's whole arc was being Vegeta to Takumi's Goku, how he had to train to surpass his rival, he had something to prove, and then it goes ...

NOWHERE

why was shinji in initial d

Imagine if the AE86 blew its engine out while the dorito spinner still ran. Like an allusion to Mazda winning LeMans with said engine.

>takumi vs autismis.

>initial d
>watching it after the original premise was chucked
As soon as he got the 12,000 rpm machine it was over. It was no longer car / racing facts with technique beating arrogant boyracers. It was just Dragonball Z
>check youtube vids of stage 5
>the 86 is literally teleporting

Get in the AE86 Shinji

>"Oh shit hot babe now I will be a HERO"
And he was going for the wrong girl anyway!

Almost all of Takumi's races after the battle with the Evo IV were basically made up shit. Keisuke's races on the other hand were well done and theoretical, and Ryosuke's two races were also good.

That race was stupid for several reasons, but the most obvious was that Takumi could have passed him on any straight because his engine was clearly better.

The Backseat Mod has spoken, now back to your regularly scheduled bench racing.

This, the series just got retarded after they made the 86 reach 12,000 RPM and had Takumi fucking drift corners at 11,000 RPM.

Anyways, I really wish they'd included a race with Takumi's dad racing against Takumi or something. And no, that one scene doesn't count, because he didn't know it was his dad at the time. I want to see a race where his dad shows off his legendary skill everyone talks about.

I never watched past 4th stage so I don't know if they did.

That seems like the most excusable thing desu. There were plenty of races in Initial D where Takumi was either in the lead or tailgating behind and his opponent couldn't pass him or pull away.

>Keisuke's races on the other hand were well done and theoretical, and Ryosuke's two races were also good.

this desu, the only thing that kept me watching through stage four was to see Keisuke race. Ryosuke vs the Emperor and Ryosuke vs the Grim Edgelord were good too. Still salty that Kyoko got cut from stage 5 and 6 and never got any resolution whatsoever. Even Mogi got a send-off.

Stopped watching after they had fucking angel wings flying out of the cars, and the 86 suddenly doing fucking flash-jumps instead of, y'know, being shown as the faster car.

It turned from a niche racing anime into a parody of what made it so good in the first place.

What was the point of Mika anyway? She doesn't drive like Kyoko, and she doesn't even develop the story like Mogi did. Yet she gets the guy in the end.

Ryosuke really held everything together. Then they made him utterly retarded in Fifth and Final, suddenly and without reason, and it became more painful to watch with each successive episode.

I have no idea, she didn't really have any part to play in the story, except for alerting Takumi about the impostors... Then she just lingered around.

Fucking plebs. You know nothing of racing and life.

4th was the most technical and educational, though. Stop at 5th. That marks the sharp decline.

Fuck off with your weeaboo tFatF bullshit.

Ryosuke is just a highly developed version of Takumi in pretty much every form, including technique. Even his car is just about as old as Takumi's shitbox. I think that makes him more interesting as a character. After Second Stage it felt pretty empty that he was mostly relegated to the background.

Yeah, I think when they start talking about the "Fujiwara Zone" they're well past accurate depiction of racing and life.

the fujiwara zone is real. it's when you follow takumi's lines and ascend to godly driving.

did you even watch the anime? did you conceptualize the drifting dimension?

it's impossible to drive straight.

Series should have ended when the engine blew the first time racing the Evo.

>ending a series on a sad note

Nice one, fuckwit.

It should have ended after his dad installs the new engine and completes the first race with it.

why does it have to end at all? takumi is a superhero

Do wings come out of your car tho?

Most of fifth and final stage were completely retarded, but you have to see it like this: Shinji is the exact mirror image to Takumi, down to being raised by a single mother instead of a single father. While every challenge just makes Takumi fight harder, Shinji is weak even while being the clearly more capable racer on that exact route and on that time.

the overt symbolism isn't the issue

that's an aura. it's an explanation for takumi's vibe. they see him as an angel.

takumi only truly expresses himself when he drives under pressure

you didn't even watch, bro.

Than what is? The issue I see is Shinji coming off as a crybaby, and that is part of the symbolism.

All these posts make me realize how much more I enjoyed Wangan Midnight

because where Initial-D became DBZ where Takumi NEVER fucking loses which made it MUCH MUCH more boring to watch since you knew that he'd magically win

Wangan Midnight made its Main Character lose quite alot, as well as it focused on OTHER racers and THEIR backstories and origins so you got to really get to know quite a decent amount of characters and you were bound to find one you really liked or identified with
you hardly ever saw that shit in Initial-D, you never got to really know any of the other racers that well since they mostly focused on Takumi all the damn time and he won Almost all the damn time

>Takumi always had the slower car, but was able to beat faster cars by being able to handle better
>Shinji has the slower car, and was able to keep away from Takumi by taking his corners well, bonus mode he didn't even drift
>Takumi beats him thanks to raw speed, completely inverting the whole agility vs power theme that defined his races

Really made me think...

I realize that the series has issues, but I enjoyed it in general.

did enjoy with Wangan Midnight almost every did crash quite a bit whereas in Initial D there were maybe 2-3 fuck ups in the whole series.

I mean shit in the beginning he's crashing the Z like every other episodes because of how difficult it's supposed to be to drive.

for me personally its the drawn-out execution and ultimately anti-climactic resolution of their thematic parallels. but, i only read the manga version of it so maybe the pacing was better in the show? (doubt it desu)

mostly its just how he tries real hard to set it up as the inverse of the series' opening race but to what end? what does takumi winning yet again, and this time with the odds stacked in his favor, really mean? if takumi winning isn't the point, and the race is supposed to function on a primarily symbolic level why is it structured as tension and entertainment first & foremost? the previous two thirds of the series can certainly shoulder some blame for muddying the thematic waters with perfunctory races, but as a climax it fails to deliver the capstone.

>unreliable
doesn't really matter tduring the race
>torque-less
Its a downhill race.

If I were Toyota, I couldn't even be mad at prospect of FD beating any Toyota. Simply because its a much better race car.

glad to see the anime chinkposting doesn't just affect /v/

t. seen this thread on the front of Veeky Forums

Not a matter of age of car, but either way, an FC would demolish AE86.
Ryosuke just had to lose to make way for Takumi.
No point if he does all the races, as he is clearly the better racer.
Even by the end of final stage, him saying that both Takumi and Keisuke surpassed him sounds more like confidence booster.

>entire animu suggests that final fight will be either keisuke vs takumi or bunta vs takumi
>it ends up with absolutely nobody as opponent just to show takumi improvement and experience gained through story
yep, it was super retarded, i'd even say it was dagumi teleport zone retarded

What, your car doesn't have angel wings?

wow so you're saying you saw an anime thread on an anime website? interesting...

anime is for pedophiles.

The way I saw it, it was supposed to show how Takumi had grown to the point where he could defeat a parallel of himself. Like Shinji, Takumi's skill came from his extensive course knowledge, and their techniques were both near perfect. The only thing they lacked was the tempered street racing expertise that Ryosuke and Wataru would teach him later on. It shows how he was able to do what Keisuke couldn't.

HOW TO FIX FINAL STAGE:
>turn shinji into a cocky young-ass instead of some dopey beta male
>make him drive a supercharged AW11
There.

>supercharged AW11

just read Over-Rev (and get disappointed when you see how much is never getting tled

Over Rev is pretty shitty compared to the Initial D manga though.

i cant get over how dumb their faces look in that manga

its the same shit as the anime almost

I found Over-rev a shit ton more enjoyable since Takumi is just a boring character

I LIKE INITIAL D

>you hardly ever saw that shit in Initial-D, you never got to really know any of the other racers that well since they mostly focused on Takumi all the damn time and he won Almost all the damn time
>First Stage
>almost every character is linked to another character in some way (takumi is friends with itsuki who knows iketani who falls for mako who races with sayuki who is the childhood friend of shingo who is the rival of nakazato who is etc etc etc)
>lots of slice of life stuff between races and the races themselves are played for humor just as often as drama (i.e. racing for a full tank of gas)
>every fucking season after
>racer of the week bullshit who show up for an episode or two and are never heard from again

The biggest shame is they never had Iketani and Nakazato meet up and put aside their toe-gay racing differences to have a bro-cry over not being able to score with the Impact Blue chicks.

Don't even dare suggesting pacing was better in the anime. Final stage was 4 episodes of a single, boring race.

>That artstyle

>muh gfx
>fuck gameplay

kek grow up kids

You shut your whore mouth, cowtits a best!

>A /v/ermin talking down to anyone else.

Really made me laugh.

They are, and Shinji was gunning for Mako because he's a fucking retard instead of cowtits blonde girl with a history of going for younger guys who drive Corollas.

>Over Rev
didn't know there is more than wangan midnight and inishiaru dee
is there anything that is available as anime or live action? I am not really into manga

dumb secondary

I wish I discovered wangan midnight first, because initial d made my expectations too high, sure the characters have more effort put into and their backstories and how akazato or whatever can barely control the car and crashes while takumi always wins, but eurobeat and bad CGI are just too good.

theres an unsubbed b movie
there were talks of an anime for years but its never getting made
the manga is never going to finish being tled either

yeah just saw that on youtube, but I mean in general if there are other car related anime

I think Eurobeat should be mandatory for all racing/car related anime. Maybe even for cartoons, assuming if its even legal to make a cartoon about real cars.

I wished it would have been a real race between his dad. Or a rematch with kesuke after he learned all his skills (especially since they hyped up the potential for that happening)

Can we just talk about all the dumb bullshit that happens in the series?
>How his race against Nobuhiko just ended after the first corner and he didn't even give him a chance to have a legitimate race
>Keisuke being so good of a driver that he flawlessly raced against an A80 without even trying due to the training Ryosuke had him do
>Winnig against Kogashiwa due to there being FUCKING LEAVES ON THE GROuND
>Takumi being able to use a gutter that a Miata somehow couldn't
>Beat's the God Hand because he couldn't hold his lunch in and threw up despite Takumi breaking his suspension
>Keisuke beats God Foot by just making him drift his heavy car and fucking up his tires
Takumi and Keisuke are very good drivers but sometimes their luck and opponent's lack of any foresight just gets way out of hand.

but takumi is autism, during the entire series he keeps dozing off, be an incredibly asocial character while when he is on a race he get mad skills and think like a supercomputer.

>>Beat's the God Hand because he couldn't hold his lunch in and threw up despite Takumi breaking his suspension
wasn't it god hand kinda losing on purpose?

i'm not arguing that initial d is not retarded obviously, i just always thought that gramps felt generous towards kid he stood against since takumi was doing kinda okay

I think I'm the only one in Veeky Forums who likes the dub version with the metal rap better than the kuwaii japanese euro beat..
Also his name is Akio

youtu.be/oEJUFjBGoYI

>japanese euro beat
almost everything is Italian except for the intros and outros

>how to ruin a volvo coupe

Nigger should've used those universal kaido racer fenders, that just looks dumb but it's sad to do that on an early 240 than a later year one

>being triggered about anime
>on Veeky Forums
>on Veeky Forums of all boards

>the board that constantly jerks off Japanese cars
>the board that worships the AE86 and Miata
>the board that worships the rotary engine since Mazda, a Japanese company, was the only successful maker of them
>the board that uses Initial D reaction images and references as a way of life
>the board that has a sticker general where 99% of all stickers are anime related

I think you need to fuck off back to /v/, since Initial D wasn't that shounenshit like DBZ you watched on Toonami.

They knew the GT86 was going to be bad so they quickly devalued the series and cut the story to prevent the car ever being meme tier.

yeah but what i mean is what's the point of that? we the audience already know takumi has improved massively, we've spent nearly two decades watching him improve. that thematic layer is undermining the entertainment layer, the uncertainty of watching a competition, and vice versa. it's not that i think having takumi's closing opponent be primarily symbolic or even being someone that reflects him, i just think the idea as it was executed was half-formed

>Takumi being able to use a gutter that a Miata somehow couldn't

He had no fucking clue what Takumi was doing. How would he have been able to replicate it?

>Keisuke beats God Foot by just making him drift his heavy car and fucking up his tires

God Foot started drifting because his tires were already fucked up and he couldn't rely on his traction. Keisuke only started drifting after him.

I agree completely, but I've just spent some time trying to rationalize it. Specifically how Takumi's car was clearly superior. As Project D came around Ryosuke wanted to get the idea out of Takumi's head that racing is about being flashy and winning with inferior cars. I think that was better demonstrated in the race against the Capuccino, where Takumi had to swallow his pride and pass on the straight.

>Suzuki Cappuccino

Do you think Sakamoto's car was the one affected by the ONE (1) car recall imposed by Suzuki?

>cowtits blonde girl with a history of going for younger guys who drive Corollas.

She looks like she smells like cigarettes. Like that moldy, 'never-get-out-of-a-smoky-room' smell.

>tfw initial d is garbo
>tfw the best racing manga hasn't been fully translated yet
>tfw the anime adaption is hot garbage of it
I just want either a really good adaption of Capeta or the translators to hurry the fuck up and finish it goddamn.

The 86 lost to a Lancer and would have lost to a Miata and S2000 if not for conveniences

So OverRev

Keisuke also beat Wataru's 86.

So, did ANYTHING ever come from Takumi driving the WRX?

If I remember right, he never raced against anything with AWD after starting to drive the WRX. And they never showed that he was able to drive the 86 faster from some specific thing he learned from driving the WRX.

Nothing memorable really.

Yeah, but those cars have triple digit torcc, the FC3S doesn't even break 100.

That hurts to look at, a coupe too.

It would have been a nice homage to it. instead we got more of Shigenos self insert AE86.

How's Baribari Legend?

Anyone got a link to download the whole series in English dub?

I ain't watching subtitles so please don't say watch the Japanese dub with English subtitles, I just need English dub episodes.

i want the japanese sub with the eurobeat. apparently there's a version without it.

the dub stopped at stage 4

The initial English dub used rap instead of eurobeat, would not recommend.