Speeding Ticket

Just got my first speeding ticket (Connecticut), what the fuck do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

drivinglaws.org/resources/the-drivers-license-point-system-connecticut.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pay it, retard

I wish I had a chorizo steering wheel.

nothing

just ignore it

Slow down.

Fight it if you think you have ground to stand on, other wise you pay it.

ticket also says "Passing on Right"

should I just pay it?
my insurance is already high enough (21 here)

how much is the ticket? do you live in Conn? How many Points?

I've never gotten a ticket before, only 1 warning.
ticket is $250 total

the ticket says CTS(Citation?) 1

I talked to an attorney and he's willing to fight it for me for $300, said if it was just a speeding ticket I could handle it myself.

drivinglaws.org/resources/the-drivers-license-point-system-connecticut.htm

passing on the right is 3 point, 6 gets your license suspended. You 100% need to fight that with or without the lawyer. sometimes you can talk it out to the judge, say youll pay the fine if the points are dropped you history may help you. best case senario the cop doesnt show up and the whole thing might get dropped.

the attorney may be worth it just to keep the points off, its up to you and your money situation.

how the fuck is underpassing more points than blowing a stop sign or speeding?

fuck me right

and the only reason I cut the other guy off was because I saw the cops light and I was pulling over for him to go.

I'll just go with the attorney. appreciate the help

pay up and start obeying the law you dumb cunt

What was the speed limit and what speed were you cited for?

I was not cited for a speed, the copper came out of fuck all. Saw him two blocks away from my rear view.

It's not like he can bring a radar into court if he never put it on the ticket...right?

The lawyer can best advise you but generally citations must be issued/mentioned on the ticket at the site of the stop. Without any written specific violations/legal codes (in a lot of states tickets are printed in the cars with an exact statue number) it's hard for me to play armchair on advice.

There's also limited circumstances (e.g. one way street with no obstructions, parkway/highway with no obstructions and three or more lanes, etc.) where passing on the right has an affirmative defense in Connecticut.

Honestly if the lawyer is offering you $300 for a done deal (e.g. no or reduced charges via plea bargain) it sounds like your best bet. Judging by what was written (pass right + traveling too fast for conditions) that's 4 points, 6 is a warning letter, 10 is a license suspension, plus potential insurance impact on premium prices.

Pay it and then slow down, you fucking retard

Cop probably needed to meet a quota, unlikely he'd show up and if he did it'd be pretty easy to fight. "Too fast for conditions" is subjective, you don't need a lawyer for that.

Also since when is passing some slow fucktard on the right against the law? I see cops do it all the time.

wrap your steering wheel in chorizo and never look back

There's a pepperoni pun somewhere in that image but I can't find it.

I know right?

The fucker put "for conditions" like it was raining or something. We have a blizzard tomorrow so he's trying to play it as if there's already snow on the ground.

Fuck it I just got back from mailing the ticket as [Not Guilty], can't wait for the court date.

w2c that steering wheel though that shit is tits

Wtf?Who writes tickets like that? Challenge that stupid mofo. That is a really open worded ticket. If you fight you will probably not get the points.

Go to the local district attorneys office.

Ask for a Prayer for Judgement on this ticket.

Do you think you'll get another speeding ticket in the next few years?

Then don't ask for a Prayer for Judgement, instead ask to plea this ticket down to an Improper Equipment charge.

Either of these options usually means you'll only have to pay court costs, rather than the speeding fine on top of court costs.

Either of these options are easy to get for a first time offender.

Either of these options will result in ZERO points on your insurance.