I'm in the uk. Should I wait for the new st or buy the current model...

I'm in the uk. Should I wait for the new st or buy the current model? I would consider alternatives but there's nothing this quick and relatively new in this price range.

Other urls found in this thread:

fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9094-Official-Pumaspeed-X-37-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#Engine_family_list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

208 GTi?

> Buying french
> Ever

Why not wait till the new one is released and test drive both?

Newer one will probably be slightly better but have additional nannies but will probably have a better tech package. It depends on what you want, this is also the first run of the unknown 1.5 3 cylinder ecoboost, as opposed to the known to be reliable 1.6 4 cylinder ecoboost.

>1.6 4 cylinder ecoboost.

Seriously, why didn't they punch it out to 2 liters?

The 2.0 is in the bigger/heavier Focus ST.

The 1.6 is capable of 300whp/300tq with great reliability. Putting a bigger turbo on it and you get more power, but destroy the character of the car.

2.0 is less reliable and also would be way too manic.

No. Import a twingo or get something actually good.

the French have a history of making very good hot hatches..

I really doubt the 300WHP/300TQ Fiesta ST is really reliable. Sure, it might be good for the rest of the life of the vehicle - but only if you don't really push it hard most of the time. Every time you beat on the car I guarantee there's a not insignificant chance of something blowing the fuck up - especially if nominal driving conditions vary significantly from when and where it was tuned.

It took a team of AMG engineers and test drivers to create a 380BHP 2.0L Turbo 4 that will be dependable for the life of the car. You think some dude in a shack with Accessport and a rolling road is going to achieve the same levels of dependability with a 1.6L Turbo wound up to 330-340+bhp on a stock block from Ford? If you say so, man.

>2.0 is less reliable

Are the blocks not the same?

this

also the older model will get significant dealer incentives once the new one comes out

I believe the limit of the block is somewhere near 400+whp is when Deadhook first reported having issues with a big ass turbo.

Plenty of people are dailying 300hp/300tq Fiesta ST's with the Pumaspeed X37 hybrid turbo and an E30 tune with great success.

fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/9094-Official-Pumaspeed-X-37-Hybrid-Turbo-Thread

2.0 is based on the Mazda L engine family, 1.6 is based on the Ford Sigma (Duratec) engine family.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#Engine_family_list

Fuckin Brits, man.

damn

300 hp is a lot of power to get out of that engine without touching the internals

They come with forged rods stock from the factory. :)

based ford

You're underestimating how reserved performance cars come tuned from the factory. That same Merc engine you're talking about could probably get chipped and see a huge HP gain also without the engine blowing up.

Save your money for something that is actually fast. I wasted my money on cars I never intended to keep and it hurt my choice of car later on when I wanted to buy my dream car.

I'm assuming you're young which is why you're looking at this, and my honest advice is to buy something cheap. Run it in to the ground and buy a better car when you have the cash and insurance isnt fucking you up.

Current ST is fun as fuck to drive, and light and easy in town centers. Quite economical if you drive it sensibly too. And the Recaro seats are great.

Ride is a bit harsh though, can get bumpy at times.

until the 205

only renault have made anything decent since then

I have a 2014 and I love it. Completely echo what said.

It depends how long you want to wait and what type of deal you can get on the current gen. I'd rather have a Mk7 ST3 with a Mountune kit than a bog standard Mk8.

Definitely consider the Molten Orange paint/recaros. I was holding out for a nice Spirit Blue, but I got a great deal on an Orange ST3 and pictures don't do it justice.

I'm actually 27. I've had a 1.2 corsa for four years, so the st would be a significant leap for me in terms of speed and I can't imagine I'd need anything quicker. My insurance is pretty cheap anyway.