Why does every modern game have the same shitty car list ?

why does every modern game have the same shitty car list ?
>69 lambos
>18 ferraris
>27 porsches
>newest m badge bmw
>some random koenigggsegg thrown here and there

i miss the old times when we could fuck around with obscure shitboxes like cinquecento, daihatsu midget lotus esprit, mazda demio and so on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ip5oMYZkFZA
youtube.com/watch?v=uhPibq4faV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Car manufacturers paying for their latest models to be showcased.

clearly hasnt been playing forza horizon 3

got plenty of fun shitboxes including crown vic

literally only Gran Turismo had a large shitbox cast

people want to drive popular cars and the latest newest hot ones

fucking normies

pretty much

casual car guys are what decides the cars these days

I dont blame the devs really with how far tech has come it takes an immense amount of effort to add a car compared to back in the PS1-2 days

play it safe with your cult favorites and new hotness and people in general will be happy

>forza horizon 3 car packs
>Turn 10 going out of their way to include rare and hardly ever see cars
>crowd reaction: ZOMG WHERE'S MY P1 GTR/CHIRON etc...

>27 porsches
Gran Turismo doesn't have any Porsche, only a few RUF.
Feels bad, man.

Forza car packs be like
>HERE HAVE THESE CARS THAT WE TOOK OUT TO CHARGE YOU MONEY FOR
>OH YEAH HERES A COUPLE OF NEW ONES

>RUF

ah, the legendary dead coffin without any driving assistance systems whatsoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

Actually turn10 uses a team of chinese people to poorly model and design the cars between monthly pack launches

that's why there is a noticeable difference in texture quality between dlc cars and base game cars, especially in the interiors

They make so much money on virtual racing they should be buying and building the cars you modify for real.

>MCDONALDSGALPHARMJIFFYLUBEJALOPNIK Car Pack
>Here's a 2016 BMW 320d Xdrive, 2016 Range Rover Evoque SE and a 2016 Chevrolet Cruze Premier that we definitely haven't been paid to market in our game. Also there's some shit 1991 Mazda MX-6 J-Spec to make you think you're not literally paying to play a commercial.

I wish that there were a game that modeled driver comfort, mental and physical state, etc. Like My Summer Car but more autistic. Like you could shit yourself in the middle of the race because you're a fat fuck and you got a car with racing seats that squeeze your guts so much that the 30 burgers you ate before the race all exit your body thru whatever orifice is most convenient. Or you inadvertently drive off a cliff in open world mode because your in-game waifu dumped you and sent you pix of your crucified half-eaten dog. Fucking Korean women I swear to fuck!

Never really notice the difference myself although i guess if i looked hard enough ill find it.

Still better than 100 skyrine copies and shitty PS2 models in current gran turismo games that look like smeared pixelated shit on an otherwise graphically beautiful game. I wish Polyphony Digital would outsource updating 10 or 20 cars from PS2 to current graphical specifications from their lineup every month. Maybe it wouldn't look as good as the HD cars done by them but better than leaving them in PS2 state imo. the lack of an interior at all with most cars just being a black void inside with vague resemblance in window opening shape kinda kills some of the experience.

meanwhile theyre still using car models from the Forza 1 and 2 era and charging DLC money for them

sure they retexture them but come on

>no racing modified grpA shitbox
youtube.com/watch?v=ip5oMYZkFZA
youtube.com/watch?v=uhPibq4faV8

o rlly?

looking for a casual racing game that I can use a controller to play on my gaming laptop. what do you guys suggest?

how casual you talking

Blur is kinda Mario Kart with real cars its fun af

Trackmania for dorifto.
SpinTires for comfy.
Redout for speedy speed boy.

like gran turismo 3, or forza horizon/ 6 .... but on pc

That was Yamauchi's personal GT3.

>tfw racing around in a fucking Reliant

Way more fun that it should be

isnt Forza on PC now?

I never bothered since lolWindows 10 (and my shit got all fucked up so I cant really game atm anyhow)

you mean the same start off car nissan 240sx...

I'm unaware actually, I was so sure it was xbox exclusive

boy you are dumb you know NFS had a copyright on Porsches since the 90s and recently just got out of that contract.

There are have been NO porsches in any games until that. (hence that recent porsche DLC for Forza whatever)

I'm keeping an eye out for GT2 so I can drive a Subaru Vivio RX-R, like the police lady in Lucky Star.

You could get an emulator for GT3, but I'm not confident in how well it would run.

Forza 2 and 3(I think) had Porsches in the base game

you mean RUF's???

all the Forza games except for like 1 have had actual Porsches whether included or as DLC

No Forza 2 had base game Porsche brand Porsches. Forza 4 had RUFs