/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Zangeki Warp - 2/2/2017
store.steampowered.com/app/564040/

Danmaku Unlimited 3
store.steampowered.com/app/450950/

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

"general arcade games"

First for Zangeki Warp on Wednesday.

2nd for Touhou

Are we sure this time? Like for sure for sure? They have stood us up before, user...

4th for secret bullets

I've streamed both CCWI and Gunbird before, so of course I'll stream all of them.

They updated the store page at least.

who is this?

Chitta, best waifu

best waifu is Reimu

reimu a shit

>Chitta
From what?

>Reimu
That's a funny way to spell Reco.

14th for Casper

I cannot help but notice not a single one of you knows how to spell Patchouli but I forgive you

What ever happened to BorderDown user? I miss his streams.

cavedrones here, touhoutards here
who is dad here? i am

>From what?
dadregga of course

So what's the best reaction to being Ceesplained, in the interest of everyone in this thread?

"Shut up baldy"

>tfw play dadfodder, caveshit, and poojin kusoge
Why choose between them when you can have them all?

1cc collector?

You can play more than one game without being a 1CC collector, you know.

>tfw failed even as a 1cc collector because all the games are too hard to 1cc

DFK is on sale now, I would get it but it had some issues at launch. Did they fix the game?

What is the bare minimum "requirement" for a 1cc to count (outside of clearing it in one credit of course).

Is there a difficulty requirement? A bomb use threshold you cannot go over (if bombs exist in the game)? Having to 1cc it with every available character?

Don't play it on MAME

Mostly, I think all of the modes except one works now.

I'm mainly interested in it for BL and Ketsuipachi, any idea if those are fine?

Being able to repeat it with decent consistency.

Yup those are fine. I think it's just arrange a that's broken.

A 1cc is a 1cc bud

Yeah BL was fine from the start and they fixed Ketsuipachi a while back. It's one of the arranges (a or b) that still has issues.

Just doing it, I guess. Different difficulties would be considered different 1ccs (Novice Original vs. Original in Mushihimesama, Normal vs Lunatic in Touhou, etc.) and I'm not really aware of self-imposed bomb limits being a thing besides straight up not bombing once. 1ccing it with different shot types would also be considered separate 1ccs, as far as I've seen.

Why aren't you working on your own shmup yet?

Funny, I was actually thinking of making an Evac DOOM in HolyC not too long ago but realized I don't have the time to figure out TempleOS.

she's not from garegga you shit

DBCS is on sale for 19.99. Worth?

duh

no, meme game

A bully to the end I see...

Casper was out doing charity work, cleaning the are of evil demon monsters, when Shrek-ura over there came out barking about "MAH SWAMP" and started attacking before the misunderstanding could be cleared up. Casper did nothing wrong and acted only in self defense, the fact that she didn't go so far as to kill Sakura speaks volumes of her merciful spirit and ability to show restraint.

That is a pretty hefty sale honestly.

The mental gymnastics needed to justify this deserve a gold medal!
...Because we all know she didn't kill her in order to keep her around to use as a bully punching bag

default difficulty. anyone who goes beyond that(such as clearing with other ships, clearing with above average score etc.) is not a 1cc collector.

1cc collectors = shit
one trick ponies = shit
50/50 balance between the 2 = best

Bahmpu~

I can do it all day. And by "it" I mean speak these truths.
But Rosa is the one that bullies sexually harasses Sakura.

What is the best price to hold out for to get DoDonPachi Resurrection?(or just get it now it is 20.99 on Steam)

maybe Sakura likes it

Resurrection is shit, wait until it's 1.99 or less.

REEEEE 50th FOR I HATE FISH

Told you to pipe down with the fish bullying

>What is the best price to hold out for to get DoDonPachi Resurrection?

5er tops, it's fully shit.

you should do it on default settings. some touhou games allow you to increase your starting lives and gus used some non-default life setting for the live futari run. those would not count
>clearing the same game with mutiple ships makes you not a 1cc collector

>clearing the same game
that's the whole point, 1cc collectors just get it done quick and dirty. my first clearsare usually due to luck, so you need to get fairly consistent to clear the game again even if it's the same ship.

clearing touhous with all ships it's something autistic

no, clearing the same game again is easier than clearing another game. I guess you could make an argument for really shitty shottypes like maybe abrecco in futari ultra? Other than that it's even worse though. Just grinding away at the same game without even the goal of improvement

that depends on the game and with what ship you've cleared the game, if you swtich from type a to type c in donpachi getting 1-all would be easier, bur if you switch from c to a it's going to be harder and will make you a better player.
>is easier than clearing another game
that depends, clearing something like ccwi with type-1 after type z, will be a lot harder than fucking off to clear some console/doujin shit on defaults.
>Just grinding away at the same game without even the goal of improvement
clearing twice will definitely improve you even if it's the same ship, your score will likely be higher as well.

that what i call anal scoring game

I think I'm gonna play a shmup today

I think I already played a shmup today, but I'm not sure.

If you actually want to play it it's worth full price. It's got a good range of difficulty even within its base mode. Strong style omote 2-all being pretty easy and power style ura 2-all being harder than DOJ, plus an interesting scoring system.

I got it on release and really like it. Got my money's worth in play time and then some.

I can't get homing laser right. It discouraged me so much that I stopped and went back to playing.

just make something simple first, the homo lasers can wait.

That's not my style. Either go all out, or don't go at all.

such approach may work when playing videogames, but making games is serious business you know

>making games is serious business you know
Not really. It's actually pretty easy with all the tutorials on the net. You can look up almost anything and just google it.

The really difficult part is just the art.

Gomaotsu Futanari collabs soon

Neat, but oddly neither of those two are new additions. This seems to be a score attack event stage (well, two of them), rather than one of the actual weekly events that they usually run.

I also have no idea who that girl is or why they're using her instead of Reco. Is giving Reco the shaft a new running gag over at Cave? I suppose it's possible that Reco herself will be involved in the main weekly event, if they do decide to go full Mushihimesama this week. Or maybe it'll be Palm, and they'll lock Reco inside one of the gachas.

how come most games are so fucking shit? both code and gamedesign wise.

This is the correct approach. Programming is easy to learn and difficult master. Start doing what you can and improve as you go along. It's common for programmers to look at their older code and say wtf was I doing?

>wtf was I doing?
me when watching 1 minute old replay

Most people who make games do not play games themselves, they are just programmers. They can code really good, but have no idea about the most simple game design shit.

Bahmpu~

say this after making a complex 3d game, not a simple 2d shmup

Bullshit. I'll believe it's coming out when it's actually released.

>"game design is ez" meme
lole desu

Don't feel like learning GML right now.

I already made a 3d game. Shmups can be 3d too you know.

>Shmups
>3d
disgusting. except gradius 5

your scores are disgusting

Einhaender is a better example, looks great and actually works with 3D like being able to shoot into the background.

post yours

what a correct settings for gradius on mame

I work as a programmer at my day job

>his career is code monkey
I'm sorry for your poor life decision making skills.

>G.Darius
>DBCS
Kekin' at your shit taste!

it's a living

Bahmpu~

Anyone got the "I showed shmups to one guy in my life and he openly laughed at me" forum screencap? Asking for a friend.

I showed shmups to friend and he said i have good reaction

I showed shmups to my pal and he reacted

Got you senpai

hi

Thanks senpai.

bump

>Bully Victim
>Milf
>Bully
>Forever Alone
>Bully Victim