Let's talk about motherfucking wiper blades for a minute. All you fuckers have them, so what do you drive...

Let's talk about motherfucking wiper blades for a minute. All you fuckers have them, so what do you drive, what do you use, and how well do they work?

Personally, I drive an 89 Bronco and have had shit luck. I'd heard good things about Bosch Icons, but I recall them not being available for my truck. I tried some ACDelco beams and they flew off on the highway. RainX Latitudes fit poorly and chattered like a cunt in anything less than a monsoon, and they were loose the entire time. I picked up a pair of Trico Onyx today because the Latitudes finally pissed me off enough to replace them and they're incredible. Perfect fit, no chattering even on a dirty windshield in almost no rain. Can't say anything about the longevity but right now I'm really fucking pleased with them.

michelin stealths a best

Reflex hybrids have worked the best on my 2 shitboxes.

For some reason high end wipers for me always suck cocks and these $10 wipers look and work great.

>For some reason high end wipers for me always suck cocks and these $10 wipers look and work great.
This. They seem to last longer too.

Always buying the cheapest ones on sale.
Once they start to smudge the windshield I just wipe the wipers with a fapkin, because there's some dirt buildup.
$5. Lasts couple of years.

I have Reflex blades, they work damn good combined with RainX water repellent.

wipers from center are master race

This

Brand wipers are a meme. If you want the most bang for your buck then just get some wipers with silicone rubbers.

see these pieces of shit right here? dont fucking buy them unless you want them flying off on the highway because cocksucking clip doesnt stay down and they eventually wiggle off

I took wipers from the recycle bin in a rich white neighbourhood and they fit fine
toyota oe in 18 and 22

>Bosch

Ya dunn goofed

>RainX

I've heard terrible things about these window treatments. What exactly are they supposed to prevent, anyways? I've never had wipers, even shitty ones, go bad in the rain. They only ever shit the bed in the ice and snow.

What's the purpose of RainX? Why does it get bad press? Does it work (in your opinion)?

AH. I thought I had bought the RainX Latitude blades for the Bronco, but you're right. They were actually fucking Evolutions. Can 100% confirm. Exactly the fucking problem I had with the set I bought.

Rain-X treatments are supposed to help with water repellency. It promotes beading/sheeting of individual water droplets, making it easier to see during rain. Or something along those lines. I can't really say I've had either really good or bad luck with treatments, but a few people whose opinions I respect swear by them and aren't the types to be swayed by meme shit. Take that with a grain of salt though because I'm just some asshole on the internet.

>What's the purpose of RainX?

Pic related.

You pretty much don`t need to use wipers at highway speeds and shit wont streak even with the shittiest of wipers.

rain - x is supposed to bead the rain on the windscreen its been around since the 60s.

the idea is so you dont have to use your wipers as much. when it was invented cars didnt have a interval on their wiper switches. like the cars do now.

i use silicon wipers as they dont wear out like normal wiper blades. sure they squeak but they work.

why would wipers be in the recycle bin?

kek. Bosch wipers are GOAT.

Bosch Icons. Period.

I think your image got flipped, why would the passenger's vision be more important than the driver?

Fixed that for ya

t. brandfag

>mfw i see this
what the FUCK BMW

what? hook style is the goat wiper style

couldn't find any wipers made for this hook, ended up sticking standard one somehow, but it is not staying in one position

this and the fact that another hook is perfectly normal

just why

'15 Civic Si, Bosch ICON. Work well, but since I put glass sealant on the windshield, really don't need to use them.

So, It's reversed ? What BMW are you driving ?

whats wrong with hook style?

Because they are recyclable.

The hook is in the wrong direction, the hook is usually facing the glass.

it was somewhy introduced on certain years of e34

some e34 don't have this shit

Mate of mine has a '96 E34. Thought he was messing around with me. What kind of wiper is supposed to fit on that ?

Bosch Icons on my 01 Jetta

Still have no idea.
Some chinese multihook wipers stick to it, but once again, they are not sitting tight

Fun fact, some cars came with only one wiper, like the old Mercedes e class. My fj actually has 3 windshield wipers.

for what fucking reason could you possibly need three wipers?

My Bronco is a good 4" wider than the FJ and only has 2, but I've got to admit the 3 wiper deal looks like it could be handy for a wide vehicle. That being said, the 2 wiper arrangement works just fine for me.

Its a combo of the width and the near 90 degree angle of the windshield that makes the 3 wipers necessary. In 10 years of ownership I've only ever changed them once. I'm still on the original pads and rotors too.

That makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Probably because unlike us he has right hand drive, hence why he's going forward on the opposite side of road.

but i have a feeling that this is a joke and it went right over my head, so well memed if it was.

I apply RainX every few months so my wipers basically never get used except for when I first get in the car or have been stopped for a while. I have no idea what kind they are, probably just whatever was cheapest at Vatozone.

Because the windshield is both wide and short. Jaguar e-type had three as well

this
I was hooning in my 1988 Camaro and both wipers flew off while I was on the highway.