/twg/ - Total War General

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (embed) (embed)
To update: Never pick anything other than Morghur as Beastmen.
Necromancer heroes are top pick right now while raise dead is still broken as fuck.

>Empty Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
If you've been living under a rock these past few months, Shortbrindal is free now.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

BRETONNIA IS 28TH OF FEBUARY.

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
>Recent
Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Last gasp:

>Tomb Kings NEVER

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

Tehenhauin is easily the most important lord after Mazdamundi and Kroq-Gar, and Krog-Gar's importance is inflated by shipping big models.
Even Kroak is probably less important to the race as they exist now as a whole than Tehenhauin.

Tehenhauin is particularly important in the context of facing off against the Skaven, and as we probably won't be getting Daemons with the next release, the Skaven conflict will be their only main interaction with the world.

>they are doing them yearly now, right?
Wrong, only circumstantially implied with the next Warhammer release. Which we aren't even sure will be this year.
But we do know it will be the next Total War "game". And we won't be getting any news for it until they've finished the DLC cycle of the first release.

I could have sworn they were alternating Warhammer and main series releases.

So why does vlad look so much more.. ravaged than mannfriend? (I'm new to vamp counts) Is it because he seems more "beastial"? much like the vargulfs/giests?

>just made a commander on a town
>commander gets attacked
>retreat
>town gets attacked
>commander called into battle
>cant make him retreat
>enemy outnumbers me more than 2:1
>kill their commander
>thought no lords = undead auto-die
>apparently not
>doesnt matter really
>because my newly summoned hero solos all 500 of the enemy army left standing with good usage of invocation of nehek
>AND HE DIDNT FUCKING LEVEL UP

Because when the Empire finally killed him years ago, they did everything they could to dismember and disfigure him in hopes that he would never come back.

neat, thanks user!

he's the very first vampire of the von Carstein lineage (possibly at all; I'm not that brushed up on the lore)
dudes old

Units won't get a huge morale loss like that if they still have a chance of winning the battle.

He'd been dead for about 500 years at that point. Also it's his war face. When he's pretending to look human, his hair is jet black and is quite handsome. Think Dracula in Van Helsing.

It was implied he was Vashanesh. And his whole rationale for why he thinks he is owed an Electorship is that he aided Sigmar I think.

LORD OF THE FOREST

SUPREME RULER OF EIGH PEAKS ! "raise spear" YAAAAAA !!

Best place to settle as Alans that isn't Spain or North Africa?

You should try close to their home land(I think you get some bonus objectives done that way too). Or go into sassy neighbourhood.

NO PEACE

Scourge and sack for a bit until the White Huns have razed a few provinces

Settle in between the razed shit and the camelfuckers

Use superior anti-cavalry horsefuckers to kill the White Huns

Slowly forge an empire from the ruins of the devastation

If our champion is to become everchosen, bringer of all the end times.

I want to cuddle with a gryph

Nope, separate teams working on them.

Nothing about alternating releases, but they've said that we'll get at least the next Warhammer installment before we get the next Historical.

Franz pls go

Think of the BO

Where in the flying fuck are female LL? It's fantasy for Christ's sake.

Steam
has finished downloading
Total Warâ„¢: ROME II - Black Carthaginians mo...

wait for Bretonnia nerd

WE WUZ CARTHAGINIANS

Name?

Who cares? Wait for Brets and Dark Elves, since the latter will likely have Morathi as an LL.

one day

Fay enchantress

It's retarded they are not doing this now. I'm 100% sure more people would pay for a sexy vampire or elf than old guy #30.

Fast forward to Feb 28 pls

Is it me or are the battles against Norsca/Chaos rigged in your favor in the autoresolve?

Every time I engage one I have around 90% of winning, regardless of how shitty the army is.
Is it cause technically they have less units?

Norscan Landing - it is a map.

As much as I love Valkia, I'm on for waiting on chaos getting a good implementation before she comes around. Honestly, look what the did to Sigvald and most chaos characters in general.

I'd rather the girls of war get in on their own merit rather than shoe-horned in for being a lady. Ariel, the Fay, Valkia, Morathi, etc. They will come user. Keep in mind so many factions do not have females (greens), females are rare thus not used in combat (dwarfs and beastmen) or their females are literal breeding pits (skaven). Maybe even Rapanse de Lyonnese (Joan of Arc, in Frantacey)

What's up with Notitia Dignitatum for Attila? It's changed the emblems for a bunch of factions and the symbol for Arianism is now a crescent moon. It's also vanished from the workshop.

>hur dur playing as the huns is the easiest way to win, all you have to do is burn everything down
yeah ok sure thing bud it doesn't really matter who's easiest does it when everybody can spam stacks cause they dont have to maintain them

are you literally to retarded to play

I suppose so

>100% sure
We're all wrong sometimes.

Seriously sick of this waifu shit here. I understand the concept and I'm all down for it in other franchises, I just see zero gratification to be gained in a TW game. CK2 or something maybe, but not TW. Much less not a TW game with as little campaign depth as Warhammer has. And the fact of the matter is that very few female characters are pertinent to combat in the setting. They kinda dropped the ball on not having the Sisters of Twilight, but they were probably too lazy to code that or some shit.
Outside of Khalida and Morathi the rest are too shite to warrant a lord spot.

>can't horse fuck his way out of any situation

I can do the individual battles just fine, but there's so much time taken after every battle to recoup losses that they can pump out another stack in time and I can't get anything done.

>Outside of Khalida and Morathi the rest are too shite to warrant a lord spot

Neferata? Alarielle?

And VC had female lords since forever in tabletop.

How is this even possible, you lose men on a charge

I sometimes wish they would finally make a TW game in the golden age of polish hussars.

the power of mounted archery and general sniping

Technically the Elector Count of Wissenland is supposed to Emmanuelle von Liebwitz since Eben is dead. But it's most likely because CA didn't want a make a unique model for someone who isn't even a LL. Same deal with why there is no Tsarina Katarin.

Neferata had no rules for editions though. I could see Isabella showing up eventually. But she's Vlad's girl, so waifufags can fuck off.

Vampire lords and vampires definitely should have both male and female models.

Maybe it'll happen in a patch since elves have it.

I'm sure a mod can be made to add the hero Vampires as possible Vampire Lords and vice versa.

Vamps were the waifu faction. I'm still hoping for that Lahmias DLC.

Yes she is, reluctantly. But outside of being a terrible administrator and cares only for Nuln, she has no military application and faction leaders are generals which she cannot be. IF they did have Wissenland have her face and voice I'd be on board as long as she stays out of the map. God damn Count Super-milf.

It already was.

What does this message even mean and why does it pop up every turn? It reads like the Chaos have been defeated, but then it ends implying they aren't?

bassicly it mean that chaos is coming faster and faster

first its gonna be the two norscan who come for your ass
harder and harder each time

then archeon will appear with its two other LL and the fucking lord of change too

and at that point you better be prepared

It indicates a chaos invasion wave.

>"We are saved!" they cry, heedless of the fact that tides are certain in one respect:
>They will always rise again

The last event is called "age of peace?"

How are wood elves in multi now?

That bugs the shit out of me too. I get it, there's an endless stream of mooks coming down to get fucking stomped by my VC generals and their deathstacks stationed at every border crossing. I don't need a turn by turn reminder.

>the rest are too shite to warrant a lord spot.

Before ET shit everybody was playing custom female VC lords since they shat all over Manny and other named heroes.

There is also that Forgeworld human mage on a dragon who got super popular.

Vampire lords are vampire lords, regardless of whether their minis had tits or not, or whether they were blenders or not.

something something von drak is only popular because empire doesn't have that many big monstrous models and for the waifushit I've already stated I can't empathize with in the setting.

Spellsingers are shit and they should have went with the long hair version instead of fucking Goku.

Yeah, the model is horrible. It's like they were trying to make them as ugly as possible.

If i uploaded a shitty lets play on youtube, would you guys be interested. I sound kinda faggy and my commentary is shit and my microphone shittier. but I want to spend time watching some multiplayer replays. and the best way to do it is by making videos.

hell yeah post that shit

is their anything wrong with AMD?

True that, left and middle are way better.

also, bigger boobs

This is probably a dumb question but is there any point to generic lords in the campaign?
In most cases by the time I'm even ready to really commit to building another army I've got at least one other LL available. I rarely use generics until I'm shitting out armies in late game
I do love me some Runelords though

alright, its at 20%, taking a bit longer than i thought.

Just know that I'm using a shit mic, and I say um a lot and breath and pop into the microphone occasionally. I want to get better at this.

Depends on the faction. As the vamps, you'll be popping up random armies only to later disband them all the time.

Obviously no army has enough LLs to last through a whole campaign(except maybe WoC and VC).

Glade Lords do neat stuff that neither Welf LL can do.
Runelords are obviously obscenely broken.
Orc Warbosses can be Azhag but not as shit.
Chaos Lords can get flying mounts while the LLs can not.
Anything is unfortunately better than based Gelt and you're going to have more than two armies as Empire.

depends. if you don't have that other LL unlocked, or at all depending on faction. or unique build options (rune lord dwarf lord for example) In some cases like wood elves or empire you can recruit and disband immediately just so you can assign said lord to a government post. Which for some abilities will allow them to proc even without the general leading the army. lastly if you don't save scum they allow you to recruit armies if your main one gets destroyed.

Is it bad to get pushed back by Chaos?

I can't defend all of these towns at the same time. I know I'm going to win the war, but I feel like a scrub every time I have to give up a town.

Warriors, yeah they're not too hard.
Norscan shits randomly running across half your empire to home in on that one unwalled settlement is the unavoidable reality.

It depends on your definition of "pushed back." What happened, specifically?

so how is the map editor?

>win battle
>the exe has stopped functioning
Holy fuck CA, the game has been out for almost a year already.

What's a good faction to play as with the faction unlocked mods?

otomo

fantasy aside that is the era of tech Total Warhammer is set in

Once they make kislev they'll get Winged Lancers.

Also in Empire polands late game elite heavy cavlary unit. however they show up 100 years too late, they still act as good heavy cavalry.

Bretonnia.

There's two groups of faction mods by Cataph. One makes unique campaigns for Estalia, Tilea and the Border princes (another adds in regiments of renown for them too)

There's also a dwarf mod for Karak Norn by him which are dwarves next to the chaos warriors and with different units.

both are neat and well done. if that's what you're looking for.

kraka drak is the northern one. norn are the backstabbing niglets/durthu food that are south of empire

>eben
>ebin
>touched by khorne
Folks, should I be worried?

>schwartzhafen took over wurtbad
What happened?

30 more minutes. Here's a preview. My allies are Wurrzag and a savage orc army, My enemies are an army of Greenskins and some Wood elves. And I'm playing as Bretonnia.

Also I spill my spaghetti saying spaghetti lines.

Ah that's right. sorry last campaign was skarsnik and for some reason i must have remembered their name.

alright first time playing total warhammer

I'm playing as the greenskiins

There's one small beastman stack sieging one shitty dwarf city I was about to take for myself. How strong are the beastmen? They only have one shitty stack which doesn't even have a lord and the game says they are the number 2 faction. I'm the number one faction and I wanted to get rid of those fucking dwarfs but the beastmen are in the way.

Can I beat them with Grimgor, one basic stack of ork boyz, ork archerz and some other basic shit?

depends on what they have

ungors. then yeah sure go at them. but like 10 cygors? nope.

it'd help if you had a screen shot or more information.

That being said. Grimgor could probably do it.

The faction ranking don't hold too much value.
It's a fairly arbitrary equation.
All stacks have to have a lord, if you lose one it is immediately replaced.
You just probably can't see it.
If you are worried, move an agent closer to them, they somewhat act as scouts.

How early in the game is it?
Factions kinda gear up at similar rates, so if you're fighting stuntie miners and rangers and other trash then the beastmen will just have gors and dogs and other worthless stuff.
But if the Stunties are pretty damn advanced then the beastmen could have like ten minotaurs.

I can't take a screenshot, it's a MP game.

It's early in the game (Turn 24). Their stack isn't full, they have like 12 units and it's really mixed. They don't even have a commander and they've been sieging the dwarfs for like 5 turns.

Next time I play I'm going to declare war on them because they are corrupting my land, it's currently at 14% and I don't even know if you can make it go down.

yeah you're fine then.

Do it. their corruption is bad. and if they take out the dwarf city you can't raid that land or sack the settlement yourself.

although at that turn time you might also want to think about upgrading your basic units in your main stack. You can slowly regroup or delete one or two units and replace them as you go. but you don't want to get caught with a basic army too late unless your lord is built for that.

Rock the boat!

There will be a building that reduces corruption, and some agents will skill to remove corruption.
Just 12 units shouldn't in any way threaten a full stack.

And yes, they have a commander. Every army must have a commander unless it is a garrison.

its funny because if the wheel was a paddle wheel and the ship was in the water. marrienburg would actually be rich. but marrienburgers are retarded

Yeah I'm trying to upgrade my buildings so I can make better melee ork units. I want to get the black orks as soon as possible, I got one at the start of the game for free and those guys are insanely strong.

I also need to get boss tents because I'm dealing with rebellions all the fucking time. I think I fucked up, I'm only occupying and looting. I should've sacked and razed more settlements.

They might even have less than 12 units. I didn't see a commander, I looked at the first unit and I could swear it had more than one guy in it.