Bump the thread if it's at page 7

Vids:

>user's Solara
youtube.com/watch?v=mS28NX4UGe0

>typical Veeky Forums poster
youtube.com/watch?v=XUQK822QiOI

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-JDM-Fender-Flares-Toyota-Corolla-KE70-AE86-KP61-MR2-Datsun-Mazda-Honda/201280032919
mr2.com/forums/threads/76171-Fender-Flare-mod
youtube.com/watch?v=r-myXdO_Naw
youtube.com/watch?v=inATuPLuzmg
youtube.com/watch?v=jDTs31fy3V4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>How do I join the montage?
See pic related

My shitty supra developed new shitty issues.
It doesn't like revving under load. If I floor it it feels like I hit the rev limiter around 3500rpm. I thought it was the plugs so I replaced them but it's still there. Where should I go next? Injectors? Pump?
I'm gonna plug another AFM in and see if anything changes tomorrow but I'm trying to build a plan of attack.

Injectors first

Tell me about how you came to have your ride.
Stealership? Family? Did you drive out of state or country to get it? Craigslist gem? Shitbox that you got as your first of after another car blew up that you just happened to fall in love with? Project car?
I drove out of state to pick mine up. Way home was through torrential rain but man, if it wasn't one of the most satisfying things I've done in a long while. Nothing too exciting other than a cop tailing me for a while before pissing off.
Gimme those stories.

I bought it from my bro. We live under the same roof. One day while we were eating breakfast, he said he's tired of it and wanted a new project car. He told me it's for sale for $100 bucks just for me. I started up my civic and went back in the house to buy it off of him because it'd be stupid to say no. It's my second car and it's my fun car.
Pic related the day I bought it.

ebay.ca/itm/4pcs-JDM-Fender-Flares-Toyota-Corolla-KE70-AE86-KP61-MR2-Datsun-Mazda-Honda/201280032919

Has anyone run these flares on their aw11? Any advice for flares for them? I'm not sure the ones on the aw11 in the picture are the same as the ones for sale. Help?

mr2.com/forums/threads/76171-Fender-Flare-mod

I've seen that thread. Genuine zg flares are a little on the pricey side for me. I was just curious if someone actually had the exact ones I linked. Thanks still.

I'm thinking of swapping out my Scion iM's stock wheels for Camry OEM wheels. Pic related.

Thoughts?

How does it look stock?

It's got the two-tone look going on.

I prefer the silver 5 spoke look of the Camry wheel. Plus both wheels share the same measurements, so should be an easy swap.

I like this one better than your first post.

I like the other ones better.

Bump

Got a minor issue bugging me with the 94 Corolla.

>start up car
>belt squeals quite a bit if I start turning the steering wheel a bunch
>go all the way to lock, battery light starts flashing
>eventually stops squealing

I do believe I need to fix the negative battery cable, as it won't start sometimes without wiggling it. Should the accessory belt be tightened a bit more? I did replace an alternator a long while ago and the squealing started after that.

Just did a wheel bearing yesterday. Fucking thing was toasted.

might be power steering pump belt?

I think it's the belt too like what the other user said. If not, it's probably the pulley. I'd tighten the tensioner if there's some play while it idles, meaning the belt looks thicker than it is because it's wiggling slightly.

Hey good goys which one should I swap in to my memeR2
1mzfe:
>pros: more power for cheap
>cons:manual transmissions for this are hard to find and most of the time the reason why Camrys with this engine are in junk yards is because of the burning oil issue that everyone seems to over look,shit gas mileage and if decide to do basic stuff good luck it's cramped as shit
5sfe:
>pros:more common engine in Camrys so more parts for decades and the engine is pretty stronk easy as shit to maintain and good enpeeges
>cons:less power than the v6 and no after market for this swap what so ever
I'm leaning towards the 5sfe because it'll be easy to maintain and better mpg's
what are your guys thoughts on this?

Hey senpai where's a good place to get sw20 parts in Canada, specifically looking for a front right fender and right seatbelt assembly.

5sfe
Make it easy on yourself user

ebay

Give it to me straight, Veeky Forums

This is my DD, I wanted to fully restore it, and right now the rusty driver's door is my main problem. I want to paint it once everything is squared away. Drive train is solid af.

Anyway, there's an identical car going for 1500, with a lot less rust. Is it worth it to buy that sucker for parts and just have TWO supra?

There's no reason I can't get the theoretical #2 up to par once my main one is done

I know, if you have money nothing is out of the question, but this is the 1st car I've ever restored, I figure someone with more experience could guide this a bit.

So I'm installing a tach gauge and its telling to connect the main wire to the negative side of the ignition coil, which I'm pretty sure is just a bolt correct? Would I just put one of these under the bolt and crimp it, similar to a ground wire (top)?

Also, to connect the power and lighting wires to the fuse box, do I need to tap it using one of these (bottom)?

Yes. I think I'd junk the other one after all of the best parts are on one car

Doesn't your ignition coil have two screws on top? Isn't one negative and one positive? I'm pretty sure that's what it's taking about. But yes you would just crimp it. And yes

Now that I think, I could actually use both doors... No rust and my P/O cut amateur holes for his subs in my doors, very tempted to get the car just for the rust free, subs free doors

it has one screw and then a clip with wires, I assume you go under the top screw with the arrows pointing to it?

Yes to every thing just don't do crimp jobs like this faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=r-myXdO_Naw

Do it.

Like really, do it. DESU that gen of Supra is my absolute favorite, I'd love to see more people fixing them up.

Place is in Philly and they're getting killed by snow, called and they said try again later, plus the owner of the lot sounds Indian. I bought a (crappy looking) running driving MKII for 1800, I know this guy will try to get at least that much for his "project car."

I really only want to pay 900, specially if it needs hauled, we'll see how much bullying it takes. But damn it would be worth it just to have a restored supra.

Yea should be fine

Why are toyota camshafts shaped so weird?
I noticed that the cam lobe is abot 2-3 times as thick as the rest of the cam as I checked the valve clearance on my 1KR-FE.
Also:
>90.000km
>valve clearance perfectly in the middle betreen minimum and maximum
>on every valve

I just replaced the starter on my aw11. This was the very first thing I've ever worked on ever and I did it! I'm feeling breddy good and felt like telling someone. Feels great when you save your shitbox from the dump.

Rust is a really fucking shit thing to work with, and only the most minimal of rust can be removed & repainted while still looking good and not returning. Usually it'll involve either grinding away so much that you'll have to use filler to get the right shape again, or cutting & welding

If the parts are as good as you say and you think its worth the price then go for it

Fuck rust, seriously

Don't scrap it lad. Just take out the parts you need and replace them with the worse ones off the other car and sell it to some highschool kid for next to nothing. It'll make you happy since it's staying on the road and It'll make the kid happy cause he has a sick car.

They don't look weird to me.
>only 90k km
It better be within factory spec. That engine is still young

How long did it take user? It's always a good feel to fix your shitbox

>It better be within factory spec. That engine is still young
Other manufacturers require a valve clearance chack every 30.000km on not self adjusting buckets.
It didn´t wonder me that they where in spec, it wondered me that they are that well in spec.
The where exactly in the middle between minimum and maximum.

With breaks, it took a little over 3 hours. That's a lot for a starter but I had to do it alone and holding that thing above your head while on your back for ages gets to you. It's a tight fight in the MR2, especially without taking out the exhaust manifold. I agree, feels damn good to save my turd from the scrap heap.

I had the same feeling when I started wrenching on my oldtimer moped when I was younger.
The more you wrench on it, the more you love your car.

I'm just worried I'll get too attached to it when it finally kicks the bucket. The funny thing is my main motivation for fixing it was that I just put a $10 sticker on it that I had waited on for half a month for and thought looked great on the car. Wasn't gonna waste a sticker on the thing now, was I?

The MR2 is a nice car, I whish I had one.
There is nothing wrong with getting attached to a 80s/90s car, in fact most of this board mainly focuses on that.

MRs are nice cars, but mine is an awful example. Ultra rusty and ugly but drives fine. I honestly love it to bits and was the best $200 I've ever spent. I'm sure you could find one for pretty cheap as well if you want one.

My most likely course of action. The parts car will end up with rusty doors, subs, a worn center console, weird power locks, etc, but I mean fuck it it'll still be a supra, right? And all one color, unlike mine, ha

I can at least pull the engine and make it run alright, 5mge is retarded reliable.

I´m from germany and never saw a MR2 that cheap.
But I was looking for FB RX-7 lately, I might get one as soon as I can afford a project car.

Okay so I attached all the wires and the lighting worked when I turned the ignition but the actual tach was not working. Not sure if these pics are correct? I'll try a different coil maybe

Maybe it's the wiring for the fuse box itself that's why your old tachometer isn't working. It's the v6 swap right? It's screaming nigger rigged to me

possibly. yeah its the the swap, definitely jury rigged by some old dude but I guess it's a good way to learn

5sfe is not worth swapping into any gen MR2. I own a 5sfe sw20.... Don't do it. Be patient for a cheap 3sgte turbo swap. 1mzfe doesn't sound worth it either if you're worried about price and ease

Yeah I'm leaning toward that. I must not have tightened it enough. It only really does it when the car first starts up. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance.

Thanks, m80s.

check alt belt and general quality of all belts. Alternator issues can cause all kinds of problems worse than squeeling XD

Talk to owner, show him your supra, tell him its a turbo and u love his so much ur gunna swap drivetrain into it, ask for good deal, profit

I think that's actually okay for an older Toyota. My mk3 supra and my brother's corolla both have power steering noises until they warm up.

The odd thing is it didn't do it until I replaced the alternator with one from a junkyard. I'll give it a bit more tightening and probably replace that battery cable. It has had a lot of times where it wouldn't start at all until that cable was wiggled a bit.

Headlights also flicker when braking.

>junkyard alternator
Time for a refurbished one from vatozone. They're around a hundred $hekels

I'll do that if tightening it and fixing the battery cable doesn't fix it. E100s are plentiful in junkyards but stuff like alternators are a mystery until I actually put it in. A bit of a pain to install though because the radiator is in the way. Though the one in my EG looks like it would be harder to play with.

JDM as fuck clear LED tail raito for the LS400

waddaya think tg

aight senpai. I'm deciding between 20 valve swapping my AW11 with a black or silver top or doing a v6 swap OR cheapo tarbo. Technically my engine is totally fine, but I want more power. So far bolting on a turbo is looking to be the easiest and cheapest way to get more power unless I can pick an engine up for less than $1000, but 20 valves seem to be meme taxed as fuck. Also I think I have a 7 rib 4age since the car is an '87 so it should take boost alright. Anyone have suggestions? I want more power but don't want to dump a ton into my shitbox. Turbo also sounds like a fun project to do relative to just doing the cams and injectors like someone else suggested.

anyone know what audio format my CD player will take? there's nothing in the owners manual
2000 model corolla so it probably wont be MP3

It takes cd format

WMA

I like it

Go turbo

Turbo or Super for Toyobaru?

MP3 should be fine

Jackson racing supercharger

Ok sounds good.

It snowed 30 centimeters yesterday and it's supposed to snow like 30 more. I had to abandon my car last night. Pretty sure I actually died and this is hell.
How's your day Veeky Forums?

My Corolla is more brown than white, because suddenly spring. I can't wash it either, it hurts to look at it rot away.
Also I had to buy new winter tires a week ago and now I can't test them on icy roads at all.

Sorry I forgot to mention I just wanted something to get buy because those two options I could do for cheap plus if I do the 5sfe the fabricated 3sgte engine bolts right up.
youtube.com/watch?v=inATuPLuzmg

I thought about turbo my 5sfe too but the amount of money to power you make is worse than just buying a 3s swap. Look up the 3s head swap onto the 5s block if you want.

Meh could be better. I slept late at 330 and woke up late for the open lab so my time was cut short. No new updates related to my supra but I should start working on it Friday. Where is your car now?

What do you guys think of my homemade signal cover? They tend to fall off on corollas, my dad was driving it and didn't notice.

Ghetto rigged as fuck. Why didn't you just buy new corner housings on eBay? They're cheap

I went to a junk yard and bought one, but it was off a 2001 so I didn't fell like spending more money even on the right one. But I might some day.

*it didn't fit

I drove 10 hours with a night bus, from Prague (Czech Republic) to Switzerland (Zurich), then one hour on the train to get it. Checked the car out, made a test drive, payed for it in cash and drove 700km home. Czech customs officers are dickheads whos diet consists of raw lemons only, if you're going by their facial expressions.
I have more info for getting a car through customs from non-soviet europe into soviet europe if anyone needs it.

>Czech customs officers are dickheads whos diet consists of raw lemons only, if you're going by their facial expressions.

That sounded like an adventure needing a full green text story desu

Had to leave it at a friend of my dad's place. Got it back home this morning after 4 hours of shoveling. I think one of my injectors is dying, but I'm not sure. Once it gets warmer I'll start throwing money at my problem. 550cc injectors, Lexus AFM etc. I'm gearing up to blow another headgasket because fuck it. If it's broken, I'm replacing it with something better.

What's it like owning an ae100? Is it manual or auto? Is it your DD or is the EG? Why do you have 2 cars? Would you suggest an AE100 over an EG or EK coupe/sedan??

It's my mom's DD that I bought for her for $1500, with an auto 1.8 7-AFE. My EG is modified and the E100 is stock so I definitely prefer the EG. The EG has also been a lot more friendly while working on it in comparison but neither are that bad really.

Stock for stock, EG's and EK's are a bit sportier feeling. I also used to own an auto EG sedan. Both excellent cars, though.

How are celicas in terms of reliability? Are they just as good as corollas and camry's? How's the insurance? Are the auto trannies ok?

My girlfriend is looking for a cheap and preferably "cute" car

Good
Yes
The car itself is cheap too insure but it can vary from a lot of factors like coverage, company, driving record, she, etc
It's OK

Hi Veeky Forums

I got a 2010 Corolla at 30k miles and have run it up to 90k without doing any maintenance on it other than oil changes at 6.5k miles.

Going in for a tuneup soon. What's the most important repairs they make? Replacing tranny fluid and flushing my fuel/exhaust systems is what I've heard is essential here.

What do you think?

>Exhaust flush
What?

Just inspect fluids and change it accordingly. Follow what the maintenance light and/or check engine light says if present. You don't need to replace any exhaust components if there's no check engine light for it, no audible leaks, or anything handling underneath like a heat shield.

Replaced all my brake pads and changed my tranny oil last week, shifts as smooth as butter.

Æ S T H E T I C

I think I need to change my tranny fluid eventually. I'm not too sure. It feels as good as the day I installed it fresh out the box with fresh fluid just over a year ago. Did my brakes last week, too.

That color is nice as fuck on those cars. That silver stripe really sets it off.

Thanks man, your EG hatch is pretty sweet too. Been hankering for one ever since I saw one done up in a Super Street mag.

I think tranny and diff fluid is for every 30k miles? I did mine for the hell of it.

I love mine to death aside from the body damage. Shell swap one day for sure. I think I've done a little over 30k since the new trans was put in. I'll take a look at the fluid when I get the chance.

>/hg/ and Veeky Forums go racing

youtube.com/watch?v=jDTs31fy3V4

The 86 won in the end but I get goosebumps just watching that shit. Shitbox races a best.

I got pretty fucking hype when I saw that. I've never wanted to buy a lightweight shitbox touge monster more.

I fucking bet I'd crash if I tried to overtake like that. I need to work on the driver mod more but I can't afford to break my only car. kek

The story didn't finish yet, I brought the car on saturday the 11th March '17 and am still in the process of customs sadly, then I have to get it through technical and emmissions test, and get a license plate.

If anyone is interested I shall start greentexting now, or when I'm done with it, which could take days or even weeks.

At least the car is pretty.

Ok here's my not so interesting blog post for my own satisfaction.

When I was 15 my cousin handed this car down to me. At the time, I had no idea what it was and I thought it was just an old broken down piece of shit. Cars were never my interest so an MR2 as a first car was something I didn't understand yet. The car had been sitting there for years and had a few problems here and there (not to mention 290,000 miles on the odometer).
After browsing Veeky Forums, Google searching, wiki reading, 1320 YouTube videos, a video called MR2 Connection, and lastly initial d, my autism grew and I learned to Hoon my dad's shitbox Toyota paseo when I got my license until I blew it up from racing. Since I learned to love, understand and appreciate the mr2, I fixed it up over summer myself and it became my first DD.

I hooned it on the daily and still do, never snap oversteered by accident cause I took it out on a parking lot on a rainy day to test the limits.

Btw I destroy that red Miata on the daily.

Ask somebody who had an MR2 as a first car anything? Tipz n' drivin trikz